Lainer EPICA cartridges?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2020 12:05 PM

Anyone given these a try yet?

|

6/23/2020 1:20 PM

no but they look really good and well engineered !

|

6/23/2020 9:44 PM

I along with most of the guys I ride with have Lainer do our suspension. Walther is a no nonsense suspension mastermind. I would imagine the EPICA kit is amazing.

|

6/24/2020 12:41 AM

No i haven't tried them. But pretty much everything that Lainer does is good stuff in my experience. I run the Lainer PDS in the fork and it's a massive gain compared to the stock feeling if you want something stiffer and more progressive. There is a new version of it now that i might try later this year.

|

6/24/2020 5:46 AM

I've heard good things about lainer. Just doing some research for a possible spring conversion

|

6/24/2020 3:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2020 3:48 PM

Walter at Lainer is a great dude. He's done the suspension on my Supermoto bike as well as my moto bike. Really easy to work with. Photo

|

6/24/2020 9:57 PM

I'm curious to hear about these guys as well.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

6/24/2020 11:23 PM

He did my buddies 18 crf450. Wasn’t impressed way too stiff and unbalanced.

|

6/25/2020 5:15 AM

coastlinecascot wrote:

He did my buddies 18 crf450. Wasn’t impressed way too stiff and unbalanced.

Did he take it back to have it valved different?

|

6/25/2020 12:51 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

He did my buddies 18 crf450. Wasn’t impressed way too stiff and unbalanced.

The great thing about Lanier is if you do have an issue he will make sure it gets resolved and you’re feeling comfy. One conversation with Walther will have you wanting to drop your stuff off with him.

|

6/25/2020 12:55 PM

He built stuff for Michael Leib and it seems pretty damn good.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

6/25/2020 10:20 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

He did my buddies 18 crf450. Wasn’t impressed way too stiff and unbalanced.

motardchris wrote:

The great thing about Lanier is if you do have an issue he will make sure it gets resolved and you’re feeling comfy. One conversation with Walther will have you wanting to drop your stuff off with him.

He took it back three times. Still way stiff even for me. im twice as fast and 250 pounds my buddy is 170. I do my own stuff in my bike. I have not broken down the stack he put in yet.

|

6/26/2020 8:15 AM

Walther is amazing. Michael has been working with him for years and I recommend him to many riders that Rocket works with with excellent results. He designs and builds many products that improve suspension and he sells his parts, oil and high end shock bleeding machine to other suspension companies. Take a look at his website and give him a call.

|

6/26/2020 12:58 PM

DL wrote:

Walther is amazing. Michael has been working with him for years and I recommend him to many riders that Rocket works with with excellent results. He designs and builds many products that improve suspension and he sells his parts, oil and high end shock bleeding machine to other suspension companies. Take a look at his website and give him a call.

When Vital tested Mike's FC250, I noticed he was using Lainer AER fork for AMA Pro SX. Mind blown!

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

6/26/2020 1:33 PM

YZed250 wrote:

When Vital tested Mike's FC250, I noticed he was using Lainer AER fork for AMA Pro SX. Mind blown!

Michael prefers air for SX

|

6/26/2020 6:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2020 6:23 PM

My set is on the way to me. I'm a bigger guy, so heavier springs. Hoping to be down around 200 by end of year, but 221 right now.

Full Suspension setup:
Builder/Tuner: N2D (For Harescramble/GNCC style east coast riding)
Fork: Lainer Epica Cartridges
Fork Springs: SiCr .50kg/mm
Shock: KTech Bladder conversion (60mm) and Xtrig Preload.'
Shock Spring: SiCR 5.5kg/mm
Linkage: Luxon
Knuckle: N2D/Luxon
Rear Axle: Ride Engineering Honda Rear Axle & RE Blocks
Triple Clamps : XTrig ROCS Pro
Damper: 24mm HPSD Race Tech Gold Valve Conversion & Stiff Shim Stack. 20w oil
Handlebar Mounts: Mako 360 Green/Green
Handlebar: ODI CFT Podiums
Grips: Pro Taper Pillow Tops



Might be another week or two before I can test it as I'm waiting for my cylinderhead to be repaired. Will try to post back finding here, but I'm very excited by the wide range of adjustments and clicker setup. I know N2D will be putting it on their bike for extensive testing as well.

|