LaRocco's Leap

TGTech
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:15am
I know this is the biggest jump in the outdoor events, and it's spectacular for the spectators, but is it really a safe thing for the riders? It seems that everyone that screws up while trying to make it, either gets hurt or hurts their machinery and I really wonder if it's a good thing.

To me, it seems more like a Freestyle obstacle rather than a true motocross obstacle.

What are other people's opinions?

Dane
|
`ol Ger
7/8/2008 9:38am
Good jump.

Many people have come up short and rode away.
vet954
7/8/2008 9:48am
The jump is safe. The riders love it. The spectators love it. Guys are over jumping it and under jumping it and not crashing. Hell Josh Grant did it on his FIRST lap of practice. On Saturday most of the top lites riders were jumping it. On Sunday Dungey and only a few others did it every lap. Nice to see "450 only" obstacles back on the tracks.

The Shop

danman
7/8/2008 10:20am
Every track needs something similar!
aggiemoto99
7/8/2008 10:22am
its been around since the two stroke days when equipment was half as good.

I'm sure its grown in size, as old 125's could get over it (Larocco on 125 aka LaRocco's leap)

Jumping it doesn't seem to be any faster than not jumping it, so it is in fact an option jump, meaning a rider doesn't "have" to jump it to be competitive. That to me makes the jump awesome, as it is rider choice to do it.

Yamaha336
7/8/2008 10:25am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2008 10:25am
TGTech wrote:
I know this is the biggest jump in the outdoor events, and it's spectacular for the spectators, but is it really a safe thing for the...
I know this is the biggest jump in the outdoor events, and it's spectacular for the spectators, but is it really a safe thing for the riders? It seems that everyone that screws up while trying to make it, either gets hurt or hurts their machinery and I really wonder if it's a good thing.

To me, it seems more like a Freestyle obstacle rather than a true motocross obstacle.

Dane
Its motocross not underwater basket weaving. The whole sport is dangerous. If it were really that bad it would have been gone by now. What, you want to do away with the huge down hills at Glen Helen as well? No, its just an obstacle. Man up or don't watch!
Phlapjax
7/8/2008 10:35am
Yeah take it out and continue with the pussification of motocross.
newmann
7/8/2008 10:42am
Foster576 wrote:
[img]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/bear2606/howIknowYoureGay.jpg[/img]
Funny when someone comes on here and asks a legitimate question and asks others opinions this is the response they get. TGTech has forgotten more about motorcycles and the sport of motorcycling than many of us will ever learn about it. He pretty much wrote a good bit of the history himself. Some of you guys are clueless. Flame on.....
Yamaha336
7/8/2008 10:45am
newmann wrote:
Funny when someone comes on here and asks a legitimate question and asks others opinions this is the response they get. TGTech has forgotten more about...
Funny when someone comes on here and asks a legitimate question and asks others opinions this is the response they get. TGTech has forgotten more about motorcycles and the sport of motorcycling than many of us will ever learn about it. He pretty much wrote a good bit of the history himself. Some of you guys are clueless. Flame on.....
Should we get rid of the Leap?? Sorry bro!! You are the one is "Flamming On"!! What are your thoughts on Pink riding gear?
newmann
7/8/2008 10:48am
As far as my opinion.....considering it's the top guys in the sport, I say leave it. If they realize they don't have the speed to clear it, they can back it down a notch before launching and double it. It's a pretty clear risk, some people just need to learn to use good judgement.
Highsider
7/8/2008 10:51am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2008 11:08am
I don't triple it, but I have a blast doubling and launching off the third jump! I love it and I am almost 56 yrs old.
Only problem I had was over-doubling and facing bump #3.
I admire the fast amateurs that were hucking it Friday. I heard Larry Witmer did it and he is fairly old.
LET IT BE!W00t
Jimi J
rocrac
7/8/2008 10:56am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2008 11:03am
newmann
7/8/2008 10:57am
Pink riding gear? We'll I don't question my masculinity . Some of the greatest motocrossers of all time sported it throughout the eighties and I think James Stewart has dominated a few races while wearing it the last few years. What are you saying?
rubarb
7/8/2008 11:22am
TGTech wrote:
I know this is the biggest jump in the outdoor events, and it's spectacular for the spectators, but is it really a safe thing for the...

Dane
Seems like we go over this every year.

7/8/2008 7:37pm
its been around since the two stroke days when equipment was half as good. I'm sure its grown in size, as old 125's could get over...
its been around since the two stroke days when equipment was half as good.

I'm sure its grown in size, as old 125's could get over it (Larocco on 125 aka LaRocco's leap)

Jumping it doesn't seem to be any faster than not jumping it, so it is in fact an option jump, meaning a rider doesn't "have" to jump it to be competitive. That to me makes the jump awesome, as it is rider choice to do it.

yup its all about a WOW factor....Cool

Post a reply to: LaRocco's Leap

The Latest