Love The New Airoh 2.1 Aviator

Mickolobe7
Edited Date/Time 6/13/2014 6:18am
I tried on the Shoei VFX W and heard god things about the Airoh and took my chances and ordered a large carbon and love it! The lightest helmet I have every seen in 32 years. Most defiantly worth every penny! The Shoei does not even compare! I know most are going to say they love Shoei and I did too always wore there street bike helmets and mx but the Airoh is on another level!
|
steve_97060
5/30/2014 8:07pm
Mickolobe7 wrote:
I tried on the Shoei VFX W and heard god things about the Airoh and took my chances and ordered a large carbon and love it...
I tried on the Shoei VFX W and heard god things about the Airoh and took my chances and ordered a large carbon and love it! The lightest helmet I have every seen in 32 years. Most defiantly worth every penny! The Shoei does not even compare! I know most are going to say they love Shoei and I did too always wore there street bike helmets and mx but the Airoh is on another level!
if you are talking about weight, yes..
enketchum
5/30/2014 8:09pm
I doubt it is as good as a Shoei. It just fits your head better. Did you try one on before you bought it?
Mickolobe7
5/30/2014 8:18pm
I tried on the Shoei and it was ok but nothing like the Airoh 2.1

The weight it feels like a feather good for movement and very cool looking helmet!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
5/30/2014 8:27pm
Is too light a good thing?

I bet it feels like a mountain bike helmet.

The Shop

Skippie
5/30/2014 8:31pm
Mickolobe7 wrote:
I tried on the Shoei and it was ok but nothing like the Airoh 2.1 The weight it feels like a feather good for movement and...
I tried on the Shoei and it was ok but nothing like the Airoh 2.1

The weight it feels like a feather good for movement and very cool looking helmet!
Light and cool looking doesn't mean higher quality and more protection.
bvm111
5/30/2014 8:46pm
The only time I have ever lost consciousness was in a full carbon fiber helmet... It was light!

All I can say is all I will wear is a shoei, but, to each his own!
steve_97060
5/30/2014 8:48pm
helmets can only do so much, they can protect your noggin but you can't change physics and stop your brain from bouncing around inside your melon..
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
5/31/2014 10:24am
I have been wearing Shoei for so many years but I am wanting to try the Airoh. Thanks for the review.
Mickolobe7
5/31/2014 12:14pm
FLmxer wrote:
I have been wearing Shoei for so many years but I am wanting to try the Airoh. Thanks for the review.
Love the Shoei but the Airoh fits like a glove and so comfortable you forget you have it on!

All I have to say is if you are looking for a new lid check them out they are worth every penny.
And they fit true to size Large is a large. I think you can go XL and change pads to large little bigger shell?!
MBR
6/9/2014 10:43am
There has been quite few occasions here in Finland when riders have got concussions or their face smashed even in low speeds crashes wearing Airoh. Here is the latest, according the rider it was low speed tumble after the turn and helmet looks like this.

uk125250
6/9/2014 12:33pm
Ramrod wrote:
Is too light a good thing?

I bet it feels like a mountain bike helmet.
I had an Airoh years ago. It felt uncomfortable because it was so light.
Mickolobe7
6/9/2014 1:19pm
Light is good you get awesome movement with the Airoh and it feels like you almost dont have any helmet on! Everyone has there own option. Shoei is good bell arai 6ds! Personal prefrence.
TeamGreen
6/9/2014 1:32pm
The broken Airoh helmet in the pics has a coupl'a SERIOUS impact points/marks that look like it hit something hard like a rock or a foot-peg.

I'm jus' sayin'....
Socket946
6/9/2014 1:36pm
TeamGreen wrote:
The broken Airoh helmet in the pics has a coupl'a SERIOUS impact points/marks that look like it hit something hard like a rock or a foot-peg...
The broken Airoh helmet in the pics has a coupl'a SERIOUS impact points/marks that look like it hit something hard like a rock or a foot-peg.

I'm jus' sayin'....
It looks like that shit hurt!
hvaughn88
6/9/2014 1:43pm
When it comes to the broken helmet pic, I'd rather the helmet break than my skull. Sometimes, when safety equipment "breaks" it's not actually a bad thing.
TeamGreen
6/9/2014 1:58pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
When it comes to the broken helmet pic, I'd rather the helmet break than my skull. Sometimes, when safety equipment "breaks" it's not actually a bad...
When it comes to the broken helmet pic, I'd rather the helmet break than my skull. Sometimes, when safety equipment "breaks" it's not actually a bad thing.
Someone's figured it out.

I, too, would rather the Impact-Energy be absorbed by the helmet...even if that includes dispersing the energy into the helmets shell & the shell cracks or delams during impact. That's what it's suppose to do.

I'm jus' sayin'...
IceMan446
6/9/2014 2:35pm
enketchum wrote:
I doubt it is as good as a Shoei. It just fits your head better. Did you try one on before you bought it?
Doubt?

Do some research and there wont be any doubt.
mjskier
6/9/2014 2:50pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
When it comes to the broken helmet pic, I'd rather the helmet break than my skull. Sometimes, when safety equipment "breaks" it's not actually a bad...
Like a well tuned fork. If you never bottom it out, it is too stiff ;-)
Mickolobe7
6/9/2014 7:12pm
Looks like he defiantly hit something another bike? Or did he get tangled with someone? How is the guy just a concussion? I would be ok with that if my helmet looked like that!
hvaughn88
6/9/2014 7:20pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Someone's figured it out. I, too, would rather the Impact-Energy be absorbed by the helmet...even if that includes dispersing the energy into the helmets shell &...
Someone's figured it out.

I, too, would rather the Impact-Energy be absorbed by the helmet...even if that includes dispersing the energy into the helmets shell & the shell cracks or delams during impact. That's what it's suppose to do.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Exactly.
CamP
6/9/2014 7:59pm
I've had one for about a year, and I love it. The light weight is a big plus on hard landings. Nothing has fallen off or broken, so I don't know why MXA had so much trouble with theirs.
6/9/2014 8:07pm
MBR wrote:
There has been quite few occasions here in Finland when riders have got concussions or their face smashed even in low speeds crashes wearing Airoh. Here...
There has been quite few occasions here in Finland when riders have got concussions or their face smashed even in low speeds crashes wearing Airoh. Here is the latest, according the rider it was low speed tumble after the turn and helmet looks like this.

Even though it's expensive to replace that helmet I see the force being taken out on the helmet instead of being transferred through the shell, in to the padding and then on to the skull. It helps take force away from the head.

Having said that, I would never want my helmet to look like that even if it was a good thing.

EddieC
6/9/2014 11:59pm
The Asterisk Mobile Medical Center has been collecting data from every injury that has occurred in SX and MX for the past ten years. We find out type of helmet, type of knee braces if worn, type of neck brace if worn and boots. We have discussed how to put this information out to help the moto community without "pissing" any one company off but have been advised by other entities who have done similar data collection in other sports that the minute a company is singled out as demonstrating an increase in severity of injury, it will file a lawsuit.

If we can find a way to put this out there, you guys would be blown away by the data.

Just another way the Asterisk Mobile Medical Center is trying to help the moto community.
nytsmaC
6/10/2014 12:03am
Eddiec, may we PM you for this data in private?
EddieC
6/10/2014 12:14am
nytsmaC wrote:
Unfortunately the answer is no at this time. Doc Bodnar has the key to that data he holds it pretty close. I am hoping in time we can figure a way to get that info out to the consumer.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/10/2014 12:22am
nytsmaC wrote:
EddieC wrote:
Unfortunately the answer is no at this time. Doc Bodnar has the key to that data he holds it pretty close. I am hoping in time...
Unfortunately the answer is no at this time. Doc Bodnar has the key to that data he holds it pretty close. I am hoping in time we can figure a way to get that info out to the consumer.
How about certain features or materials that may be bad ?Unfortunately you will get sued no matter what so its a win lose situation.

Post a reply to: Love The New Airoh 2.1 Aviator

The Latest