LOOKING TO GET THIS CARB. IS IT WORTH IT?

Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 4:05pm
im looking to get this air striker carb to swap out the stock one on my 02 cr250. What do u guys think. And whats ur opinions on it plz.
|
tobz
3/27/2018 3:54am
Why are you shouting?
zehn
3/27/2018 4:23am
much ty

The Shop

3/27/2018 7:37am
I don't wanna take over this guy's thread, but I have my own troubles with my YZ250. I put a new Wise top end, rebuilt the crank, put in new reeds, air filter, repacked the silencer, new spark plug, checked everything electrically (all good) and put in fresh 112 octane fuel. Also, using some neoprene rubber I got off a wet suit, and some of those hose clamps from Lowe's, I put on a new carb I got off a in-line six motor that came out of a 1976 Ford truck. Now the bike won't run. It can't be the carb as it worked on my friends truck and he said it worked on his 08 CRF450. Thanks in advance.
motomike894
3/27/2018 7:42am
I don't wanna take over this guy's thread, but I have my own troubles with my YZ250. I put a new Wise top end, rebuilt the...
I don't wanna take over this guy's thread, but I have my own troubles with my YZ250. I put a new Wise top end, rebuilt the crank, put in new reeds, air filter, repacked the silencer, new spark plug, checked everything electrically (all good) and put in fresh 112 octane fuel. Also, using some neoprene rubber I got off a wet suit, and some of those hose clamps from Lowe's, I put on a new carb I got off a in-line six motor that came out of a 1976 Ford truck. Now the bike won't run. It can't be the carb as it worked on my friends truck and he said it worked on his 08 CRF450. Thanks in advance.
Omg lol
3/27/2018 8:42am
I don't wanna take over this guy's thread, but I have my own troubles with my YZ250. I put a new Wise top end, rebuilt the...
Omg lol
What? I even rattle-canned the frame, set the sag, checked sprocket bolt torque, lubed the clutch cable and greased all linkages and the steering stem. Stupid thing won't run. Billy wouldn't lie to me. He said he used to be an AMA Pro and with that carb and new top end I can win a nat if I keep it in the power ban. But I gotta get it running first. I did a comprension check. Also took the plug out and held onto it while Billy volunteered to kick it over. I got a shock so it's getting spark.
slipdog
3/27/2018 8:49am
Omg lol
What? I even rattle-canned the frame, set the sag, checked sprocket bolt torque, lubed the clutch cable and greased all linkages and the steering stem. Stupid...
What? I even rattle-canned the frame, set the sag, checked sprocket bolt torque, lubed the clutch cable and greased all linkages and the steering stem. Stupid thing won't run. Billy wouldn't lie to me. He said he used to be an AMA Pro and with that carb and new top end I can win a nat if I keep it in the power ban. But I gotta get it running first. I did a comprension check. Also took the plug out and held onto it while Billy volunteered to kick it over. I got a shock so it's getting spark.
I know it seems like the opposite, but you need a 4 barrel to work correctly on a 2 stroke. Those old inline six motors came with 2 barrel carbs...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/27/2018 8:50am
Omg lol
What? I even rattle-canned the frame, set the sag, checked sprocket bolt torque, lubed the clutch cable and greased all linkages and the steering stem. Stupid...
Sorry to say but Billy tried to pull a fast one on you. Carb needs to be off an old Chevrolet in order for your YZ to work.

Also, make sure to use R/C oil for everything and you'll be up and running in no time.
motomike894
3/27/2018 8:59am
I put a throttle body off a 2014 rmz450 on my 04 rm250 it runs extremely well now I tell you that
ns503
3/27/2018 9:13am
Bunch of smart asses around here.....
newmann
3/27/2018 9:34am
im looking to get this air striker carb to swap out the stock one on my 02 cr250. What do u guys think. And whats ur...
im looking to get this air striker carb to swap out the stock one on my 02 cr250. What do u guys think. And whats ur opinions on it plz.
It's a bit of a rabbit hole, but go down it and read up on some of the threads that have been hashed out here for years.

Vital search for air stryker honda

https://www.vitalmx.com/search?cat=Site&q=air+stryker+honda&sa.x=0&sa.y…

Vital search for air striker honda

https://www.vitalmx.com/search?cat=Site&q=air+striker+honda&sa.x=0&sa.y…

02-07 CR250 carb swap

https://www.vitalmx.com/search?cat=Site&q=02-07+CR250+carb&sa.x=0&sa.y=…
peelout
3/27/2018 9:37am
i put a LECTRON carb on my 300 and the thing is almost sweeter than Tori Black's Greatest Hits on BluRay
3/27/2018 9:39am
ns503 wrote:
Completly agree lol. Most on here are or think they are know it all. Big minded. Im right ur wrong kind of people. And if u ask a question none can just have an adult conversation without feeling the need to take the piss. Very sad really
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/27/2018 9:45am
Omg lol
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Sounds like you did everything right HarryBro. You are running the purple powerband right?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/27/2018 9:46am
peelout wrote:
i put a LECTRON carb on my 300 and the thing is almost sweeter than Tori Black's Greatest Hits on BluRay
I actually know her. She lives about 5 minutes from me.
HenryA
3/27/2018 10:03am
Opinions please?!?!?!?!
Bramlett321
3/27/2018 10:26am
ns503 wrote:
Completly agree lol. Most on here are or think they are know it all. Big minded. Im right ur wrong kind of people. And if u...
Completly agree lol. Most on here are or think they are know it all. Big minded. Im right ur wrong kind of people. And if u ask a question none can just have an adult conversation without feeling the need to take the piss. Very sad really
Hey OP I don't know what your budget is but I put the lectron on my 300 as well and that's the best damn investment I've ever made. Runs as smooth and crisp as any two stroke I've ever been on.
IWreckALot
3/27/2018 11:11am
ns503 wrote:
Completly agree lol. Most on here are or think they are know it all. Big minded. Im right ur wrong kind of people. And if u...
Let me tell you why you're wrong. I don't know it all. . . just most of it.

And I don't need to take a piss. I did that a few minutes ago.
3/27/2018 11:13am
Wrong about what lmfao. I asked a simple question about a carb and u couldnt even answer omfg. Mr little know it all hahahahaha
peelout
3/27/2018 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2018 12:14pm
Omg lol
forgto to replace you"re ratiator waters
Camp332
3/27/2018 12:19pm
ns503 wrote:
Sorry Mate. Your posts remind me of my favorite movie, so I have an uncontrollable urge to post memes.

On a serious note, I have no idea if the carb is worth it or not.

JM485
3/27/2018 12:19pm
Omg lol
peelout wrote:
forgto to replace you"re ratiator waters
Try doing some CrossFit and then see if it will fire up. If that fails then I would try ordering a pizza and potentially taking a nap, although it might not matter. . .
Asimo
3/27/2018 12:45pm
peelout wrote:
Bruh, set your sights higher than that skeezer.
3/27/2018 1:28pm
Been doing alot of research since this post and have been talking to people who have got the pwk 38 air striker instead of the stock TMX on the cr250 and it the best move they have made to swap out the carbs.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/27/2018 1:51pm
peelout wrote:
Asimo wrote:
Bruh, set your sights higher than that skeezer.
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Agreed haha

Post a reply to: LOOKING TO GET THIS CARB. IS IT WORTH IT?

The Latest