LOCAL TRACK FEES

JOSHJ
Edited Date/Time 2/3/2016 8:51pm
I'm very curious on what other tracks are charging in other areas and if anyone has experienced substantial increases (for members and nonmembers alike) in their areas. I've seen an increase in my area of 40% in the last 2 years. I understand there's member and nonmember prices, as well as other variables as far track size, quality, etc. But with facilities like FTT (which i love, and this isn't in regards to them) only charging $30+tax doing perfectly fine on their profit margins, and some other significantly smaller tracks charging more. So Id like to know what you guys are currently paying and what your experiences are.

Where do you draw the line at what youre willing to pay vs the quality of the facility
|
Team Ideal
2/3/2016 10:39am
$20 to $30 at most tracks for us, we ride from IL to AL this time of year and everywhere we go falls within that range. that's for a prepped track. I'd be willing to go slightly more but it better be a really good track or I wouldn't go back.
mjr119
2/3/2016 10:40am
Usually $20 or $25 to ride. And a yearly membership at $5-$10.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
2/3/2016 10:46am
Most tracks here in SoCal are $25 with very few still at $20. There's one track down the road from me that charges $35 for a track with a lap time around 1.5 minutes or less. Another track that is ran by the state is $5 and in my opinion is better than the track that charges $35. The most expensive is $40 but that's totally worth the drive and entry fee. Not too many tracks around here require a membership. Only 2 that I can thing of but those two are joined memberships.

The Shop

JOSHJ
2/3/2016 11:00am
I'm completely baffled here. My local track has gone to $35 for what I would consider a decent C-rider sand track at about 1.5 mins (less if your just ripping), so its perfect for me, but the price isnt worth it when better facilities are 15 more minutes down the road in either direction. It gets prepped first thing in the morning and thats it. After 12p its beat to death. I pulled up to the gate sunday mornign and pulled a U-turn and went elsewhere. I asked why the hike, i was told equipment repairs....at that point I was done with it.
logan_140
2/3/2016 11:05am
$25 at bartow MX... Don't know if you have rode there but they never prep it (no water) some times on the weekend they will. They have bathrooms but, they are terrible and never cleaned. Track has just really gone down hill and they just started charging $5 more... Much rather go to Orlando MX, or Tampa mx. Def love ftt
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2789th
2/3/2016 11:07am
Most tracks in Illinois require a membership. Some are only $10, others are $35, but practice fees are between $20-$30.
2/3/2016 11:11am
I ride all private tracks, or my own tracks. but if i go to a public one, 25-40 in the greater Budds Creek area.
mxpro252
2/3/2016 11:13am
Most in the PNW are between $25-$35 for open practice or one class if they're splitting practice into groups. I know the low turnouts up here (relative to 10 years ago) are making it tough for tracks to stay open and if they increase to $40 or more, even less will show up.
kaptkaos
2/3/2016 11:17am
Well my situation is unique, down here in Miami, we only have ONE choice. Miami MX, he can charge whatever he wants. The next nearest option is 2.5 hours North. Its $37 for non-members and $27 for members, and its like $25/year for membership. They do prep the track every morning, and they do water it during the day and have flaggers. He also owns Mesa MX, but I have never been there. It looks like a better facility.

With that being said, I still prefer to make the 3 hour drive to FTT and pay my $30 to ride there, as its a superior facility and they treat us great there.
2/3/2016 11:20am
kaptkaos wrote:
Well my situation is unique, down here in Miami, we only have ONE choice. Miami MX, he can charge whatever he wants. The next nearest option...
Well my situation is unique, down here in Miami, we only have ONE choice. Miami MX, he can charge whatever he wants. The next nearest option is 2.5 hours North. Its $37 for non-members and $27 for members, and its like $25/year for membership. They do prep the track every morning, and they do water it during the day and have flaggers. He also owns Mesa MX, but I have never been there. It looks like a better facility.

With that being said, I still prefer to make the 3 hour drive to FTT and pay my $30 to ride there, as its a superior facility and they treat us great there.
Is Miami MX the old Air Dania track?
mtl
2/3/2016 11:25am
NorCal everything is $25 except for 408mx, which is centrally located close to Downtown San Jose and is $30.

All tracks are ripped and watered everyday they are open...
mb
2/3/2016 11:26am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2016 11:26am
$20 per rider just about everywhere around here.
Grizz
2/3/2016 11:32am
kaptkaos wrote:
Well my situation is unique, down here in Miami, we only have ONE choice. Miami MX, he can charge whatever he wants. The next nearest option...

The soil at Miami is just weird. Straight dirt and no sand and its very slippery when wet. On top of that its short and only one decent sized jump. I've been there twice but don't see myself going back for any reason. Mesa was great last weekend but that was my first time there. Might have gotten lucky.
kaptkaos
2/3/2016 11:33am
kaptkaos wrote:

Is Miami MX the old Air Dania track?
No its not Air Dania, This is an old campground converted to an MX track right on Krome Ave out in the middle of nowhere near Micosukkee Indian reservation.
95s10nj
2/3/2016 11:34am
In NJ, Englishtown is $40 per day and no membership required and Field of Dreams is $35 per rider + $5 each rider and spectator with a $65 a year membership required.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
2/3/2016 11:35am
Motopark, which is the best track in ON if you ask me, is like $45. And its worth it. I should throw up some helmet cam footage from there, unreal track
fisher725
2/3/2016 12:08pm
We own a track in SW MO and charge $5/year for a transponder and $20/rider for practice days. I think around MO $20-$25 is the norm. There is a track near KC that tries to charge $30 plus a spectator fee. I just can't get myself to charge a spectator fee for practice.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
2/3/2016 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2016 12:18pm
Just thinking out loud
But it sounds like opening and Mx Track near Miami
Or somewhere in south florida
Would be a great idea
They definetly Have the weather
And if this whats written here is true there is only 1 place to go without Driving 3 hours north to Ftt
Hmm im in minnesota its freezing cold
Id love to move to florida
If a few of you want to get together and
Buy a piece of land down there some where im on My way
, or willing to be anyway Smile
TeamGreen
2/3/2016 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2016 12:31pm
Pala is $25

That's the "bench mark" to me.

Multiple tracks
Watered
Ripped & Groomed
Personell on the racks
EMS

Love that place
Love that Tribe
Panic_Rev
2/3/2016 12:33pm
fisher725 wrote:
We own a track in SW MO and charge $5/year for a transponder and $20/rider for practice days. I think around MO $20-$25 is the norm...
We own a track in SW MO and charge $5/year for a transponder and $20/rider for practice days. I think around MO $20-$25 is the norm. There is a track near KC that tries to charge $30 plus a spectator fee. I just can't get myself to charge a spectator fee for practice.
Possum Hollow?
TeamGreen
2/3/2016 12:36pm
fisher725 wrote:
We own a track in SW MO and charge $5/year for a transponder and $20/rider for practice days. I think around MO $20-$25 is the norm...
Thank you
ob
2/3/2016 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2016 12:49pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Pala is $25

Multiple tracks
Watered
Ripped & Groomed
Personell on the racks
EMS

Love that place
Love that Tribe
I love Pala and if you buy 4 practices you get one free. So $20 that way. All they need are showers and a real restroom and it would be perfect. And some race dates.
kaptkaos
2/3/2016 1:04pm
kaptkaos wrote:

Grizz wrote:
The soil at Miami is just weird. Straight dirt and no sand and its very slippery when wet. On top of that its short and only...
The soil at Miami is just weird. Straight dirt and no sand and its very slippery when wet. On top of that its short and only one decent sized jump. I've been there twice but don't see myself going back for any reason. Mesa was great last weekend but that was my first time there. Might have gotten lucky.
Grizz, I agree. I do not like MiamiMX at all. I dont like the layout, the soil or the facility, but its the only game in town and he does prep the track, water it throughout the day, and provide flaggers. I give him credit for that, its just not my type of track so I prefer to wake up early and make the trek to FTT.

Philip, every track in Norcal is $25 because they have competition!
TeamGreen
2/3/2016 1:11pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Pala is $25

Multiple tracks
Watered
Ripped & Groomed
Personell on the racks
EMS

Love that place
Love that Tribe
ob wrote:
I love Pala and if you buy 4 practices you get one free. So $20 that way. All they need are showers and a real restroom...
I love Pala and if you buy 4 practices you get one free. So $20 that way. All they need are showers and a real restroom and it would be perfect. And some race dates.
Is that posted...on-line?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
2/3/2016 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2016 1:19pm
fisher725 wrote:
I would consider making the drive there on principal only, due the fact you don't charge a "spectator" fee. If it is Possum Hollow, I was there in there in the late 80's and liked it.
sandman768
2/3/2016 2:06pm
kaptkaos wrote:

I have a place in Jupiter that I stay at as much as much wife will allow. Been Down in Fla for a few weeks, a lot of rain, the only track open close to me is Mesa park. This past Sunday they opened up 2 tracks to make 1 hybrid track to work with all the rain. I thought the track was great and really was my only option, I"m not driving 3 hrs to ride. Have a friend staying with me from NY, he was very happy with the track also. Went back to the track on Tuesday & was fully prepped & awesome again, with only about 5 guys riding all day. I don"t see how the owners could be making any money, I would pay 50.00 to ride for the day. Owning & running a track is a thankless job with little reward, anyone that takes that on gets my respect and I always make sure I thank them when I"m leaving, Back home in upstate NY there have been times when we have had no decent riding spots, that makes you appreciate a track an hr away.

Post a reply to: LOCAL TRACK FEES

The Latest