LLs Hype

Would you rate Deegan as the same amount of hype as AC?
I mean they’ve both took strategic routes (racing certain classes avoiding competition) during their am careers.
Last person to have this much hype would be AC when he went pro. Does Deegan do better his first yr as a pro than AC or do you think he catches a reality check like AC did and the injury bug like Adam derails his hype.
|
zehn
7/29/2022 6:18pm
Going pro is about managing expectations for the first year
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/29/2022 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2022 8:07pm
Would you rate Deegan as the same amount of hype as AC? I mean they’ve both took strategic routes (racing certain classes avoiding competition) during their...
Would you rate Deegan as the same amount of hype as AC?
I mean they’ve both took strategic routes (racing certain classes avoiding competition) during their am careers.
Last person to have this much hype would be AC when he went pro. Does Deegan do better his first yr as a pro than AC or do you think he catches a reality check like AC did and the injury bug like Adam derails his hype.
Ac first sx season started very well , 3 wins in the first five races after a sickness effected mx series. Then he did the shoulder at Toronto

I don’t think he ended up doing a Loretta’s on a 250f. He went Straight into the nationals off the super mini
Hrvat Moto
7/29/2022 6:51pm
Here’s an unpopular opinion: Deegan has NOWHERE near the “hype” today that AC had in the early 2000’s. Deegan does probably have more video views and social media followers - but its a different time and impossible to compare. I don’t think there is anyway that Deegan has the hype within the industry as AC had.

AC was basically signed to pro circuit his first year of 65’s . He showed up to the track with a rig that had his name plastered in cursive. You couldn’t walk through the pits without hearing rumors about his sponsor deals “$200k from Verizon, $100k from the helmet painter, $500k from PC/Kawi”.

AC did essentially earn his “hype” by winning nearly every am event he entered. But, he won these races by always pulling the holeshot and riding around out front. He was able to slightly out ride Guys like Covington, Webb, and AP. But in fact he wasn’t that much faster than Webb and his speed wasn’t quite there with a Masterpool. A lot of these guys competing against him knew he wasn’t that great at an early age because he would usually fall apart and get flustered in any race he didn’t holeshot. He also came across as brittle because anytime he had some small crash he would disappear from the event and not ride for weeks.
TXDirt
7/29/2022 6:52pm
I think Forkner came out with a lot of hype. Maybe not quite as much as AC. But definitely more then Deegan.

The Shop

CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1788th
7/29/2022 6:58pm
TXDirt wrote:
I think Forkner came out with a lot of hype. Maybe not quite as much as AC. But definitely more then Deegan.
Lolz are you living under a rock? Deegans hype well exceeds forkners just because of his social media following.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/29/2022 8:32pm
TXDirt wrote:
Lolz are you living under a rock? Deegans hype well exceeds forkners just because of his social media following.
I believe people talk about Deegan more because there’s so many that love and so many that hate him, but Austin and Adam had way more hype around them. Adam and Austin were supposed to be the next big things starting from 65’s and 85’s. I haven’t heard that said about Deegan as of yet.
Hrvat Moto
7/29/2022 9:05pm
TXDirt wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I believe people talk about Deegan more because there’s so many that love and so many that hate him, but Austin and Adam had way more...
I believe people talk about Deegan more because there’s so many that love and so many that hate him, but Austin and Adam had way more hype around them. Adam and Austin were supposed to be the next big things starting from 65’s and 85’s. I haven’t heard that said about Deegan as of yet.
In reality, Austin had about 1% the hype around him in amateur scene as Adam, especially true for their younger years. Austin wasn’t really on team green until basically supermini’s. He got into the PC development program at a critical time in his development and ultimately became just as successful as AC in the pro’s, but the outright “hype” for Austin wasn’t even close to AC
Hrvat Moto
7/29/2022 9:09pm
AC was hyped up in the amateur ranks probably 2-3X mile alessi. Adam was able to bring in outside sponsors like Verizon wireless when he was still on 85’s. Pro’s like RV and RC did video shoots with Adam on 85’s to pump their own credibility. I think people have really lost touch to just how (over) hyped AC was as an amateur
Hrvat Moto
7/29/2022 9:20pm
Further, I think the reason Adam is still at Factory Kawi to this day has a lot to do with just how much money the OEM poured into him as an amateur. They’re still holding out to break even from it. It’s wild to think that there were 41 kids at Loretta Lynn’s with no support or a few bikes / parts at most, and one kid on the line was making about a million a year. Makes sense why Allen was so paranoid about Adam losing a race
Gungadin
7/29/2022 11:51pm
So the converse.

Who was the least hyped modern era rider who has done the most?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/30/2022 12:01am
Gungadin wrote:
So the converse.

Dungey.
TXDirt
7/30/2022 2:53am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2022 2:53am
TXDirt wrote:
I think you are confusing social media notoriety with true hype of expectations. Absolutely no way Deegan is coming in with the same hype when it comes to expectation of winning. Sure he has a social media following, but that alone doesn’t create hype.

The hype surrounding AC was ten times more because of the expectation of winning. Deegan really isn’t close to that. He doesn’t seem as dominant. He isn’t a prodigy like AC was through his amateur career.

He still has a few years left to generate hype though.

He’s more on the hype level of Forkner. Forkner hype developed later. In really just his last few years as an amateur. Forkner was absolutely dominant. This created hype coming into the pro ranks.

Having a big social media following doesn’t create hype. It creates popularity. Sure. But the only thing that can create true hype is being absolutely dominant in the amateur ranks.

The last two who had a ton of hype surrounding them were Forkner and AC.

Certainly some others but to a lesser extent.

Up to this point, Deegan has not been a prodigy in the amateur ranks. Popular yes. But hype? No.
RPM68
7/30/2022 7:46pm
After that combine performance, it's fair to say everyone is just anticipating Deegans pro debut. He's good, and that only comes from hard work. I'm over the haters, dudes nasty.
kripple428
7/31/2022 6:48am
How do you think Deegan is racing certain classes to avoid competition? He has followed the natural progression of the sport. He went from supermini to B and will ride A class next year. I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head that went from a supermini straight to the A class
Logan_Ryall
7/31/2022 7:01am
I think Deegan will be better off for one reason, the fathers and what they have done. Brian took a step back and let star do their thing. AC and his dad were always butting heads at pc etc.
NicNak
Fantasy
3941st
7/31/2022 11:20am
kripple428 wrote:
How do you think Deegan is racing certain classes to avoid competition? He has followed the natural progression of the sport. He went from supermini to...
How do you think Deegan is racing certain classes to avoid competition? He has followed the natural progression of the sport. He went from supermini to B and will ride A class next year. I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head that went from a supermini straight to the A class
James Stewart & Noah Viney
Sully
7/31/2022 7:01pm
kripple428 wrote:
How do you think Deegan is racing certain classes to avoid competition? He has followed the natural progression of the sport. He went from supermini to...
Just a guess, but I'll say he tests the waters in A at Mini O's and if he does as well as expected, he does Futures during SX and goes pro when the Nationals start next year.
OleTex
8/1/2022 1:40pm
Gungadin wrote:
So the converse.

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Dungey.
I deadass didn't even hear of Dungey as an amateur.
Yes, Dungy was a top ten amateur but very little or no hype. He just kept riding and training.
mjones7212
Fantasy
3327th
8/1/2022 6:10pm
Here is an easy answer to the Deegan thing ..Take away the big YouTube following that hes gotten because who his dad is and how hes been marketed and hes just another top amateur kid comiing through the ranks ..What has he really did to be so hyped he doesnt have nearly the amount of wins as Jett Reynolds or Ryder D . ..He is easily the best marketed kid to ever race amatuer motocross and that makes people that really dont know anything about motocross argue that hes the best there is blah blah ..Im not saying he isnt a great rider and i personally think he will do great as a pro but you cant name one thing hes did better than the two kids i mentioned above.. .
8/1/2022 10:09pm
mjones7212 wrote:
Here is an easy answer to the Deegan thing ..Take away the big YouTube following that hes gotten because who his dad is and how hes...
Here is an easy answer to the Deegan thing ..Take away the big YouTube following that hes gotten because who his dad is and how hes been marketed and hes just another top amateur kid comiing through the ranks ..What has he really did to be so hyped he doesnt have nearly the amount of wins as Jett Reynolds or Ryder D . ..He is easily the best marketed kid to ever race amatuer motocross and that makes people that really dont know anything about motocross argue that hes the best there is blah blah ..Im not saying he isnt a great rider and i personally think he will do great as a pro but you cant name one thing hes did better than the two kids i mentioned above.. .
Has he ever raced Ryder D and/or Reynolds tho?
Sully
8/1/2022 10:13pm
mjones7212 wrote:
Here is an easy answer to the Deegan thing ..Take away the big YouTube following that hes gotten because who his dad is and how hes...
No, because he's younger than they are.
8/1/2022 10:37pm
mjones7212 wrote:
Sully wrote:
Exactly
mx313
8/2/2022 1:51am
Sully wrote:
Exactly
For 77 days a year haiden and Ryder are the same age.
Deegan has always strategically gone up when ryder exits the class.
You know..
We will get there when it's time.
mjones7212
Fantasy
3327th
8/3/2022 6:57am
mjones7212 wrote:
Yes they have plenty of times and Ryder has came out on top 99 percent of the time but Ryder is almost a year older than Deegan...If I remember right Brian even protested Ryders bike and another kids bike at Glen Helen one year and i mean the whole complete bike to where Ryders dad had to take it home in pieces thats probably when Brian realized he might not be beating Ryder anytime soon

Post a reply to: LLs Hype

The Latest