LL Reg Pala DQs

racer369
Edited Date/Time 6/14/2019 10:05pm
Why so many DQs in pw shaft class last weekend?
|
mx317
6/11/2019 9:53am
Kill Switch and Oil Injection removed
4DAIVIPAI2K5
6/11/2019 10:30am
The 50sr winner got DQ'd at Redbud also. Glad to see people getting called out on shit!
MelonFan123
6/11/2019 10:44am
what sort of reasoning is there in removing the kill switch?
mx317
6/11/2019 10:57am
what sort of reasoning is there in removing the kill switch?
It's actually a start/kill switch that has two modes. It has a start mode that only lets it rev so far and a run mode. It offers no real advantage other than the kid could start it easier after a fall like a regular bike.

The Shop

mx317
6/11/2019 11:01am

f. The kill switch on all 51cc automatic machines must be stock and fully functioning.

g. 51cc Shaft Class: Oil injection systems must be present and fully functioning. Only oil may be put in the reservoir. Pre-mix gasoline is NOT permitted in the oil injection system.
mx317
6/11/2019 11:13am
NITRODOG wrote:
PeeWee dads..........
Yep, lots of drama in that class. I was asked to be the AMA ref at a youth regional once and I told them no way.
6/11/2019 11:14am
Ended up with the fastest kid in California on a PW not going and a kid 35 seconds a lap off the pace getting a ticket.
Started due to an outside assistance protest from the last place kids parents. Then escalated from there.
LungButter
6/11/2019 11:17am
109 wrote:
Ended up with the fastest kid in California on a PW not going and a kid 35 seconds a lap off the pace getting a ticket...
Ended up with the fastest kid in California on a PW not going and a kid 35 seconds a lap off the pace getting a ticket.
Started due to an outside assistance protest from the last place kids parents. Then escalated from there.
Sounds like it ended up with the fastest kid not on a cheater bike going.

Imagine explaining that to your kid "Sorry son, you don't get to go because daddy is a cheater..."

People are so lame.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
6/11/2019 11:17am
Does removing the oil injection system make that big of a difference on a PW50 with a kindergartener riding it?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/11/2019 11:19am
It's the freakin PW50 class. I can't stand peewee dads and can't believe they actually have a peewee class at Loretta's. No way in hell will I spend all that money for my 5 year old to race a PW50 that I threw taller bars on because he outgrew it a year prior.

Shit is pathetic. Leave the freaking PW's alone! If the kid is getting too fast for it, move him up to a better bike! The damn things were made as a STARTER bike for kids, not a race bike for them!
mx317
6/11/2019 11:20am
109 wrote:
Ended up with the fastest kid in California on a PW not going and a kid 35 seconds a lap off the pace getting a ticket...
I've known the mom of the one that got protested for outside assistance since she was a child. If my child crashed close to me, instinct would be to help them. We have always allowed that in the pee wee class anyway, but I guess a regional is different.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
6/11/2019 11:20am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Does removing the oil injection system make that big of a difference on a PW50 with a kindergartener riding it?
It sure does when your kindergartner’s the next Carmichael
6/11/2019 11:23am
109 wrote:
mx317 wrote:
I've known the mom of the one that got protested for outside assistance since she was a child. If my child crashed close to me, instinct...
I've known the mom of the one that got protested for outside assistance since she was a child. If my child crashed close to me, instinct would be to help them. We have always allowed that in the pee wee class anyway, but I guess a regional is different.
Me too - it’s a shit rule and ended up with real consequences. Kids that deserve to go aren’t and kids that are too slow are going.
6/11/2019 11:24am
If you are cheating to make it in the PW class it's time to step away..

Raising kids is about teaching them positive lessons and allow them to grow into good adults. That's not the lesson I'd like my kid to learn.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/11/2019 11:27am
109 wrote:
mx317 wrote:
I've known the mom of the one that got protested for outside assistance since she was a child. If my child crashed close to me, instinct...
109 wrote:
Me too - it’s a shit rule and ended up with real consequences. Kids that deserve to go aren’t and kids that are too slow are...
Me too - it’s a shit rule and ended up with real consequences. Kids that deserve to go aren’t and kids that are too slow are going.
It might be a shit rule, but it's still a rule. And if you are trying to qualify, it is the racers/guardians responsibility to know those rules.
6/11/2019 11:27am
motoxxx599 wrote:
It’s about going from 3 throttle cables to one so it’s easier to twist the throttle for a small kid. Just snappier.
Also the gas mix is more controlled but I don’t think that’s as noticeable.
6/11/2019 11:30am
mx317 wrote:
109 wrote:
Me too - it’s a shit rule and ended up with real consequences. Kids that deserve to go aren’t and kids that are too slow are...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
It might be a shit rule, but it's still a rule. And if you are trying to qualify, it is the racers/guardians responsibility to know those...
It might be a shit rule, but it's still a rule. And if you are trying to qualify, it is the racers/guardians responsibility to know those rules.
Didn’t say it’s not a rule. Said it’s s shit rule. Which it is. 5 year olds ain’t picking up a PW and starting it themselves so if they fall it’s a DNF.

And fastest kid was picked up by a random spectator not even a relative. great way to get a DQ.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/11/2019 11:34am
109 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
It might be a shit rule, but it's still a rule. And if you are trying to qualify, it is the racers/guardians responsibility to know those...
109 wrote:
Didn’t say it’s not a rule. Said it’s s shit rule. Which it is. 5 year olds ain’t picking up a PW and starting it themselves...
Didn’t say it’s not a rule. Said it’s s shit rule. Which it is. 5 year olds ain’t picking up a PW and starting it themselves so if they fall it’s a DNF.

And fastest kid was picked up by a random spectator not even a relative. great way to get a DQ.
I agree it's shit. But, if any kid needs assistance to pick up his bike and start it, they shouldn't be at Loretta's. That's why I think having the 50 classes there is bullshit. It's stupid
aeffertz
6/11/2019 11:41am
109 wrote:
Well at least there’s a good life lesson in there. Can’t break the rules. Going to be a tough pill to swallow for some mini parents.
Titan1
6/11/2019 12:04pm
I can't believe there are 50 cc classes at LL's...a 50cc shaft drive class is even more ridiculous. Then people cheating in the 50cc shaft class...not enough facepalm emoji's on the planet for this entire situation.
BroFoSho
6/11/2019 12:19pm
109 wrote:
Didn’t say it’s not a rule. Said it’s s shit rule. Which it is. 5 year olds ain’t picking up a PW and starting it themselves...

Looks like we found our Peewee dad
JM485
6/11/2019 12:30pm
You have to be kidding me with this shit, someone seriously protested and DQ’d a kindergartner because dad wanted to mix his own gas? Give me a fucking break, if anything is ever going to be the death of this sport it’s going to be mini dads and their egos taking the fun out of it. They’re KIDS, get a damn grip and just let them have some fun.Pinch
chuckie108
6/11/2019 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2019 1:26pm
I raced LL's in 2015. I was stunned to see the number of people from all over the country making the trip and dropping the money to bring 4-6 year olds to that race. No one in there right mind is dropping the 2-5K it takes to do that trip for a 5 year old as far as I'm concerned. It's not about the kids at that point from what I could see.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1338th
6/11/2019 1:00pm
It is a shit rule...watching Pee Wee dads run around the track chasing the kids is a time honored tradition in motocross...who hasn't been sitting in the pits waiting for their next moto, when somebody says "hey, the little guys are up, let's go watch the dads run around!"
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
6/11/2019 1:08pm
NITRODOG wrote:
It is a shit rule...watching Pee Wee dads run around the track chasing the kids is a time honored tradition in motocross...who hasn't been sitting in...
It is a shit rule...watching Pee Wee dads run around the track chasing the kids is a time honored tradition in motocross...who hasn't been sitting in the pits waiting for their next moto, when somebody says "hey, the little guys are up, let's go watch the dads run around!"
Or been on the line when the peewee class in on the track and some idiot fires his bike up when the checkers come out for the winner .. then 13 minutes later the kid in last crosses the line and the next race can actually start
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
6/11/2019 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2019 1:15pm
I know the parents who were protested for assistance, and consequently protested people for the killswitch/throttle conundrum. They are good people. Their daughter deserved to get in, as her finish was good enough before the DQ. Their train of thought makes perfect sense to me. If DQs for helping your child get up safely are necessary, then so is every other form IE killswitch...
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1338th
6/11/2019 1:16pm
NITRODOG wrote:
It is a shit rule...watching Pee Wee dads run around the track chasing the kids is a time honored tradition in motocross...who hasn't been sitting in...
motoxxx599 wrote:
Or been on the line when the peewee class in on the track and some idiot fires his bike up when the checkers come out for...
Or been on the line when the peewee class in on the track and some idiot fires his bike up when the checkers come out for the winner .. then 13 minutes later the kid in last crosses the line and the next race can actually start
Exactly! and if it weren't for the PeeWee class the flaggers would never get a break! I cant count the times I've seen a flagger hand the yellow flag to a PeeWee dad out on the track and say.."be back in a minute"
Motohead279
6/11/2019 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2019 1:41pm
Poor kids. All that hard work and excitement of knowing they qualified all to be flushed down the toilet because your dad is a cheating piece of poop.

Post a reply to: LL Reg Pala DQs

The Latest