6/11/2019 8:54pm
cable wrote:
who remembers the mod pw50s before cobra? those were sweet

wicksy85
Fantasy
1137th
6/12/2019 1:24am
aaryn #234 wrote:
You guys should come to Aus for the Junior Nationals, my first experience last year with my son in the 50 class (not PeeWee) But our...
You guys should come to Aus for the Junior Nationals, my first experience last year with my son in the 50 class (not PeeWee)

But our 50 class is the same in 100, bikes have to be 100% stock apart from Bars and pipe.

If the bike comes with a sprocket cover from the factory it has to have one, we have to run stock KTM radiators (though this finally got changed after last year) clutch has to be stock, even the air filters have to be the same stock brand the bike is sold with!

It was the biggest head fuck of a class to be involved with, by mid week, half way through the championships there were still 50s being torn down and re-checked. I think after the second final the top ten bikes all were gone over again, then the following morning every 50 in the field was given a once over.

Looking back it was pretty laughable, and at least I know what to expect this year, that is if we don't pull the pin on the 50 in the next couple of weeks Smile
2017 Horshm AJMX All parents were pulled aside after some extremely fast 50's were noted. Told return your bikes to stock or they will be pulled...
2017 Horshm AJMX
All parents were pulled aside after some extremely fast 50's were noted. Told return your bikes to stock or they will be pulled down measured and be dq'd and sent home. Following day a lot of the faster kids were not fast as anymore. Referee (Clerk of Course) said he (son) had a title slip through there hands due to some opposition kids running illegal 50's said it would never happen under his watch.
Radiators and clutches is all that should be allowed to be aftermarket.
That was full on that situation. No wonder most kids are on the Cobras those bikes haul ass
mxer15
6/12/2019 2:58am
These classes should be dropped only people who are asshole Dads and promoters collecting entry fee money. Stupid
BernieMadof
6/12/2019 5:46am
Arkmx wrote:
Ronnie Jackson got DQ'ed in the +30 after winning the OA.... at the SC Regional at Farm 14 because he scored 3 SX points in his...
Ronnie Jackson got DQ'ed in the +30 after winning the OA.... at the SC Regional at Farm 14 because he scored 3 SX points in his career.

Ronnie should have known the rules.

As for the 50cc riders... they are just riding what Dad and Mom put them on.... So little mini moto gets DQ'ed and does not understand... thinking it's the same bike I race back home.....

Too bad most of the Mini Dads have never raced themselfs... IMO... and it shows.

Or Mom could sleep with the AMA Referee and get JR into the race..... (Yes it has happened at LL's and not our crew) that's all I am going to say. ShockedShockedShocked

Looks like the rules may be getting inforced..... Whistling

Aren't half the riders in 30+ ex factory pros? I know a few people that still race that class that have scored more than 3 sx points.

The Shop

DC
6/12/2019 6:06am
Arkmx wrote:
Ronnie Jackson got DQ'ed in the +30 after winning the OA.... at the SC Regional at Farm 14 because he scored 3 SX points in his...
Ronnie Jackson got DQ'ed in the +30 after winning the OA.... at the SC Regional at Farm 14 because he scored 3 SX points in his career.

As for the 50cc riders... they are just riding what Dad and Mom put them on.... So little mini moto gets DQ'ed and does not understand... thinking it's the same bike I race back home.....

Too bad most of the Mini Dads have never raced themselfs... IMO... and it shows.

Or Mom could sleep with the AMA Referee and get JR into the race..... (Yes it has happened at LL's and not our crew) that's all I am going to say. ShockedShockedShocked

Aren't half the riders in 30+ ex factory pros? I know a few people that still race that class that have scored more than 3 sx...
Aren't half the riders in 30+ ex factory pros? I know a few people that still race that class that have scored more than 3 sx points.
Anyone who has scored pro SX/MX points is limited to the +25 and +40 and +50 vet classes at Loretta Lynn's. They are not allowed in the +30 class or the +45 Sportsman classes.

DC
Racer X
BernieMadof
6/12/2019 6:18am
DC wrote:
Anyone who has scored pro SX/MX points is limited to the +25 and +40 and +50 vet classes at Loretta Lynn's. They are not allowed in...
Anyone who has scored pro SX/MX points is limited to the +25 and +40 and +50 vet classes at Loretta Lynn's. They are not allowed in the +30 class or the +45 Sportsman classes.

DC
Racer X
Makes since now, thanks for clearing that up DC!
wardy
6/12/2019 7:58am
mx317 wrote:
f. The kill switch on all 51cc automatic machines must be stock and fully functioning. g. 51cc Shaft Class: Oil injection systems must be present and...

f. The kill switch on all 51cc automatic machines must be stock and fully functioning.

g. 51cc Shaft Class: Oil injection systems must be present and fully functioning. Only oil may be put in the reservoir. Pre-mix gasoline is NOT permitted in the oil injection system.
not many people know this rule was enforced and made stronger because of James Stewart........
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
6/12/2019 8:05am
Arkmx wrote:

Aren't half the riders in 30+ ex factory pros? I know a few people that still race that class that have scored more than 3 sx...
DC wrote:
Anyone who has scored pro SX/MX points is limited to the +25 and +40 and +50 vet classes at Loretta Lynn's. They are not allowed in...

DC
Racer X
Hey DC, just an opinion but I think old pros should have their own class at Lorettas. Sucks for joe blow who goes through all the qualifying races and spends the money on the whole experience to line up next to Carmichael. I’m sure this is a dead horse that’s been beaten many times already.
DC
6/12/2019 9:14am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 9:14am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Hey DC, just an opinion but I think old pros should have their own class at Lorettas. Sucks for joe blow who goes through all the...
Hey DC, just an opinion but I think old pros should have their own class at Lorettas. Sucks for joe blow who goes through all the qualifying races and spends the money on the whole experience to line up next to Carmichael. I’m sure this is a dead horse that’s been beaten many times already.
There are two Sportsman classes that no old pro can ride in, +30 and +45. We keep the pros and pure amateurs spread across different age groups, not sure what else we can do. Just because they were fast and in shape once doesn't mean they will be forever. I scored professional points and so I have to race against Ricky too, but I can't race +45 Sportsman where I would be much more competitive (don't get to ride or race much anymore), so it works both ways...

But then again, remember who's swept the +25 and +40 classes the last couple of years, the 46-year-old Mike Brown!

DC
Racer X
Arkmx
6/12/2019 10:35am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Hey DC, just an opinion but I think old pros should have their own class at Lorettas. Sucks for joe blow who goes through all the...
There use to be +30 and +40 "A" & "B" classes back in the late 90's early 2000's.

Times change as does the Class structure....

Would be cool to have a 2 Stroke Class back.... 250cc & up. Whistling

Smile

Arkmx
6/12/2019 10:37am
500guy wrote:
One question.

How do I get to be an AMA Referee? ha ha ha
Jay... Just ask DC if you could be an Honorary Ref for the week....! Woohoo

LOL...

6/12/2019 12:30pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Loretta's isn't a joe blow race

Not sure why people think it should be...
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
6/12/2019 12:39pm

Sorry, non pro weekend warrior racer/rider. Does that sit better with you?
Nick_Lalanne
6/12/2019 1:52pm
I personally know what’s in a lot of the bikes being raced to podiums and wins in the 50 classes They aren’t remotely legal as I...
I personally know what’s in a lot of the bikes being raced to podiums and wins in the 50 classes

They aren’t remotely legal as I read the rules.

But the way our claim rules work - you must protest the exact mod. If you say - big bore - and while inspecting see it’s ported, nope you loose
If you say stroked - and it’s a big bore - nope
You loose protest

You must protest (and pay for each item) the cheat accurately. So let’s say u we just knew it was cheating but didn’t know what
300 - bore
300 -stroke
300 - ported (vague rule by the way)
300 - clutch
300 - oil injection
300 - lightened internals on crank
300 - carb
300 - reeds

That’s 2400 up front

If you catch one u win 300 back but not the rest if nothing else

It’s to protect the non cheaters from being protested every moto - but it’s stupid

The rule book is explicit - no mods. But those who inspect - aren’t mod shops....

We used to joke, the stock class was always the stock pipe class. I knew Of many 105s in the 85 class, 72s in the 65 class and even heard a story from a current customer who had 80cc 50s way back in the day. Some dads didn’t even hide it. They put little wheels on a supermini, stock pipe and reeds and dared someone to pay up

Problem was - ac92, Webb, masterpool (RIP), jg33, etc would still win and the cheaters didn’t need to be protested. We heard from a really solid source the Suzuki supported kids in 85s were on 105s all season and they didn’t win much!

One year at a regional - a dad who’s kid got 7th, protested all the top 6 and literally said we are cheating like crazy so someone else must be...I never seen anything like it

Anyone remember deagan recently... caught in 50s
Was a 63 I think

This year I was getting threats of protest that we were building cheaters for Zane Merrett’s bike. No one paid up - and ironically his bike runs oem pistons so it was all talk
But I said once he goes pro that “fast bike” won’t be so fast

And now he’s pro - it ain’t even close to top bikes - same exact motor he was running at mini o and js7 , his sx futures win in Denver etc

hell - the thing has 20+ hours by now

And vs the top stuff - it’s night and day
We had to turn down some ecu tuning and rpm for his pro length motos since his amateur motor only had 15 min motos - as he was destroying parts around 10 hours and I’d rather see him finish races and get experience than blow up every moto aka 11-10 since he doesn’t have the parts budget for an every race engine.

I even know of a pro who had a small electrical issue between outdoor motos (likely from washing) and lined up on his 350 in 250f class
His start wasn’t any better
His finish was exact same
And it didn’t look any faster then the team bikes at any point of the track - and he still struggled to clear a big step up that the top 5 guys were getting clean...
In 06 or 07 i worked as a mechanic for a kid on a suzuki 85. I told the dad i could guarantee we could do some work that would be basically impossible to find. and his response was "absolutely not, if XXXXXX cant win on a true stock bike he shouldn't have his Suzuki ride" and we didnt get the holeshots but had faster lap times.

Im one for finding gray area and pushing it, but he said no way, if it wasn't coming from Suzuki we didnt put it on his stock bike.
byke
6/12/2019 2:06pm
^^^So he's the one! Tongue
6/12/2019 4:07pm

Dirtydeeds wrote:
Sorry, non pro weekend warrior racer/rider. Does that sit better with you?
Loretta's is not for the weekend warrior.

TeamGreen
6/12/2019 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 4:38pm
Pssssst...

I’m pretty sure that the little girl that fell down...and NO ONE on the track crew came over to GET THE BIKE -OFF- of her...
Well...
Her bike?
Prepped by her dad.
Bike was LEGAL.
As for those Cheater Dad’s?
Simple: Don’t Start None, Won’t Be None.
I want to thank some of you for flapping your gums about the “poor cheater dad’s”.
Why?
Because, your ridiculous disregard for common-sense just got a certain little girl a new sponsor.
TeamGreen
6/12/2019 4:55pm
Dear Cheater Dad’s that PROTESTED A MOM HELPING HER LITTLE GIRL...

YOU just got that little girl -3- sets of gear & a new helmet.

That’s awfully nice of you.
6/12/2019 10:26pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Dear Cheater Dad’s that PROTESTED A MOM HELPING HER LITTLE GIRL... YOU just got that little girl -3- sets of gear & a new helmet. That’s...
Dear Cheater Dad’s that PROTESTED A MOM HELPING HER LITTLE GIRL...

YOU just got that little girl -3- sets of gear & a new helmet.

That’s awfully nice of you.
Wasn’t the “cheater dads” that protested her though. Was the girl in last that was 35 seconds a lap off the pace, yes a lap, that started this debacle.

Maybe Lorretas should have 107% rule.
BernieMadof
6/13/2019 5:55am
When these dads have their 401k ridding on Johnny being the next ET, I get trying to find the edge. When it is a big money event such as Loretta's, don't cry when you get caught though you knew the risk. Anyone remember Tony Alessi getting Chatfields super mini back in the day? Play asshole games get asshole rewards.
77Moto
6/13/2019 8:41am
Arkmx wrote:

DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
"Amateur Nationals" You should drop the Amateur name because it is false. This is like Floyd Mayweather retiring at 51-0 record or whatever it is now, and coming back to box Dads who used to box in high school.

Plus, Once you take purse money, even if you are 6 years old, by definition, you are a professional for life.

It's a shame that you even allow people who skirt the rules by allowing children getting paid with houses, motorhomes, cars, trucks, etc.
It's why the olympics are total bullshit now also. But it is what it is when it comes to that. You're not getting paid to race, you're getting paid to endorse.

Professional
engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime or competing as an unpaid amateur.
"a professional boxer"
synonyms: paid, salaried, non amateur, full-time
"a professional tennis player"

TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
6/13/2019 9:01am
My son rides a 50. He's slow, he's never heard of Loretta Lynn (the singer or the race) and has a blast every time we ride.

Imagine that.

He's learning how to man up and challenge himself. He's learned how to take care of his equipment and the value of money (he's 6 but this summer started doing the yard to buy himself a new set of gear). And he's learning to race fairly to the best of his ability. We're not doing it perfect, but I sure as heck know we're getting a lot more out of this sport than other families are.

Big picture guys. Don't forget it.
mx317
6/13/2019 9:01am
77Moto wrote:
"Amateur Nationals" You should drop the Amateur name because it is false. This is like Floyd Mayweather retiring at 51-0 record or whatever it is now...
"Amateur Nationals" You should drop the Amateur name because it is false. This is like Floyd Mayweather retiring at 51-0 record or whatever it is now, and coming back to box Dads who used to box in high school.

Plus, Once you take purse money, even if you are 6 years old, by definition, you are a professional for life.

It's a shame that you even allow people who skirt the rules by allowing children getting paid with houses, motorhomes, cars, trucks, etc.
It's why the olympics are total bullshit now also. But it is what it is when it comes to that. You're not getting paid to race, you're getting paid to endorse.

Professional
engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime or competing as an unpaid amateur.
"a professional boxer"

"Plus, Once you take purse money, even if you are 6 years old, by definition, you are a professional for life."

I don't agree with this at all. I have raced age classes that have had payouts and it certainly does not make me a professional. Contingency money I have earned does not make me a professional either. Loretta's is for the better riders in the country in that age group, skill group, or whatever. A professional racer to me is one that makes racing his job, not someone that got $50 for winning a local vet race in Alabama or Tennessee.
6/13/2019 9:16am
And the other "simple" never stated concept

Until you reach the 250 and up classes (until last year where 125c was added)
You are in the "pro" or A class as a loretta's amatuer.
The 50-125 schoolboy classes are full blown open. Those kids are the future pro kids (a limited number who make it out of the meat grinder)

Nothing changes once you get to the vet classes - these are the best of the best at that age. Although frankly - very FEW former pros race - because they ALREADY chased their dreams for the most part.

It's not like the vet classes are full of the national 250 class of 1996... most those guys are long done with riding.
77Moto
6/13/2019 9:34am
77Moto wrote:
"Amateur Nationals" You should drop the Amateur name because it is false. This is like Floyd Mayweather retiring at 51-0 record or whatever it is now...

Professional
"a professional boxer"

mx317 wrote:
"Plus, Once you take purse money, even if you are 6 years old, by definition, you are a professional for life." I don't agree with this...
"Plus, Once you take purse money, even if you are 6 years old, by definition, you are a professional for life."

I don't agree with this at all. I have raced age classes that have had payouts and it certainly does not make me a professional. Contingency money I have earned does not make me a professional either. Loretta's is for the better riders in the country in that age group, skill group, or whatever. A professional racer to me is one that makes racing his job, not someone that got $50 for winning a local vet race in Alabama or Tennessee.
Contingency does not count. That's why endorsements do not count either.

If you got protested for taking prize money, you would probably lose. I've been on the losing end at a race when I got protested. (Not motocross)

mx317
6/13/2019 12:28pm
77Moto wrote:
Contingency does not count. That's why endorsements do not count either. If you got protested for taking prize money, you would probably lose. I've been on...

If you got protested for taking prize money, you would probably lose. I've been on the losing end at a race when I got protested. (Not motocross)

There is nothing in the rules that says you can't take prize money and race ANY vet class at Loretta's. So what exactly would I lose?
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2798th
6/13/2019 2:00pm
77Moto wrote:

Professional
"a professional boxer"

mx317 wrote:
"Plus, Once you take purse money, even if you are 6 years old, by definition, you are a professional for life." I don't agree with this...

77Moto wrote:
Contingency does not count. That's why endorsements do not count either. If you got protested for taking prize money, you would probably lose. I've been on...

Why would contingency not count? Kawasaki deposits money onto a debit card that I can spend anywhere. I see no difference between cash and that. I'm a local vet B rider who gets a few hundred dollars kicked back to me a year for spending thousand, so by no definition am I a pro.

All this does is show that brands are willing to give you a little bit of incentive to use their brand over competitors. With how expensive this sport is, I'll take any help a company is willing to give - and that's coming from someone with a senior engineering salary.
DC
6/13/2019 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2019 4:06pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
77Moto wrote:

Professional
"a professional boxer"

I appreciate your opinion on this, but the idea that almost any sport past high school athletics is truly amateur at the elite level is out-dated, and as you infer, the Olympics are as professional an event as the NBA Finals that are going down right now. Motorsports operate on sponsorship, and as a result, some OEMs and aftermarket sponsors pay top young riders, either in cash or contingency or other forms. Unless you want to go on to play an NCAA sport, there is nothing stopping you from taking that support. In motocross, if you race for a cash purse, then you are an expert, not necessarily a pro. What make you a pro in SX/MX in America is a professional license, and no one racing in any class at Loretta Lynn's other than in 250 Pro Sport and Open Pro Sport has a current, active AMA Pro license. But once you've dropped that license for one full year, which makes you a former pro, you can participate again at Loretta Lynn's. But if you scored points in an AMA Pro National or made a main event in AMA Supercross, you are only eligible for the +25, +40 and +50 classes, but not the +30 and +45 Sportsmen classes...

To me, it still is an amateur national, because I believe riders who no longer have a professional license are no longer professional riders. They are welcome to participate in this program, and we enjoy seeing them out there. And yes, when Ricky Carmichael and Robbie Reynard show up in a vet class, it's like Floyd Mayweather fighting in a bar... But remember that the guy who got second to RC in '12 was named Andrew Matusek, who never scored a point as an AMA Pro rider. The guy who got third? Robbie Reynard. Turns out that sometimes the Mayweathers of the world get caught off guard in these amateur bar fights...

DC
Racer X
6/13/2019 5:08pm
DC wrote:
I appreciate your opinion on this, but the idea that almost any sport past high school athletics is truly amateur at the elite level is out-dated...
I appreciate your opinion on this, but the idea that almost any sport past high school athletics is truly amateur at the elite level is out-dated, and as you infer, the Olympics are as professional an event as the NBA Finals that are going down right now. Motorsports operate on sponsorship, and as a result, some OEMs and aftermarket sponsors pay top young riders, either in cash or contingency or other forms. Unless you want to go on to play an NCAA sport, there is nothing stopping you from taking that support. In motocross, if you race for a cash purse, then you are an expert, not necessarily a pro. What make you a pro in SX/MX in America is a professional license, and no one racing in any class at Loretta Lynn's other than in 250 Pro Sport and Open Pro Sport has a current, active AMA Pro license. But once you've dropped that license for one full year, which makes you a former pro, you can participate again at Loretta Lynn's. But if you scored points in an AMA Pro National or made a main event in AMA Supercross, you are only eligible for the +25, +40 and +50 classes, but not the +30 and +45 Sportsmen classes...

To me, it still is an amateur national, because I believe riders who no longer have a professional license are no longer professional riders. They are welcome to participate in this program, and we enjoy seeing them out there. And yes, when Ricky Carmichael and Robbie Reynard show up in a vet class, it's like Floyd Mayweather fighting in a bar... But remember that the guy who got second to RC in '12 was named Andrew Matusek, who never scored a point as an AMA Pro rider. The guy who got third? Robbie Reynard. Turns out that sometimes the Mayweathers of the world get caught off guard in these amateur bar fights...

DC
Racer X
matusak that year wasn't far off off ricky the first moto either....

It was an impressive ride to say the least.

Post a reply to: LL Reg Pala DQs

The Latest