LL Reg Pala DQs

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2019 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 1:41 PM

Poor kids. All that hard work and excitement of knowing they qualified all to be flushed down the toilet because your dad is a cheating piece of poop.

|

6/11/2019 1:58 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

I know the parents who were protested for assistance, and consequently protested people for the killswitch/throttle conundrum. ...more

Rules are rules, anyone breaking them should get DQ

They can cut the track when they turn pro.

|

6/11/2019 2:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 2:26 PM

Ronnie Jackson got DQ'ed in the +30 after winning the OA.... at the SC Regional at Farm 14 because he scored 3 SX points in his career.

Ronnie should have known the rules.

As for the 50cc riders... they are just riding what Dad and Mom put them on.... So little mini moto gets DQ'ed and does not understand... thinking it's the same bike I race back home.....

Too bad most of the Mini Dads have never raced themselfs... IMO... and it shows.

Or Mom could sleep with the AMA Referee and get JR into the race..... (Yes it has happened at LL's and not our crew) that's all I am going to say. shocked shocked shocked

Looks like the rules may be getting inforced..... whistling

|

Arkmx.
Jim G.

Thank you to our Sponsors!
Lucas Oil, MavTV, Engine Ice, Factory Connection, Pro Clean, FLY, FMF, EVS, Oakley, Flow Vision, Ryno Power, Gaerne, Stickman Grapix, MotoHose, Raines Racing, Motosport.com, Ride 365, The PIT Enterprise, JTG Racing.

6/11/2019 2:24 PM

I think a national championship for a 5 year old is the ridiculous part of this.

|

6/11/2019 2:33 PM

Rules are rules....

|

6/11/2019 2:35 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

It might be a shit rule, but it's still a rule. And if you are trying to qualify, it is the racers/guardians responsibility to ...more

109 wrote:

Didn’t say it’s not a rule. Said it’s s shit rule. Which it is. 5 year olds ain’t picking up a PW and starting it themselves ...more

BroFoSho wrote:

Looks like we found our Peewee dad

100% - with attitudes towards PW dads that everyone has no wonder the sport is dying. Without getting your kids involved and taking them racing they’ll just stay at home playing fortnite and MX will have a missing generation.

The same people bitching about the sport dying are the ones botching about 4 strokes and expensive bikes. Going back to 2 strokes and older technology and less jumps etc etc.

Guess what? PW class is that. 1970s twinshock technology, 2 stroke, 3HP motors, you can buy a running used one for $600 - can’t do the jumps, it’s all about momentum and corner speed.

Taking my kids racing on PWs is the most fun I ever had. More people should do it and the best part is: there’s a winner and a loser rather than not counting goals and everyone gets a trophy at soccer at the same age.

At SwapMoto 22 kids on the line - top 3 get a trophy.

If you love mx get your kids involved. Not just riding but racing. That’s what the sport needs.

|

6/11/2019 2:43 PM

slowgti wrote:

I think a national championship for a 5 year old is the ridiculous part of this.

Atleast its an age related national championship, those are actually kind of cool, especially for the kids. Whats not cool is being a C class national champ and that really is the ridiculous part. Make it all an age group thing all the way through then you wont have sandbaggers, either you're fast or you're not. Aside from that, Im bummed for the kids, not a good lesson for the parents and the rules for the PW50 class really aren't that complicated so it's not just a simple oversight.

|

6/11/2019 3:01 PM

motoxxx599 wrote:

Or been on the line when the peewee class in on the track and some idiot fires his bike up when the checkers come out for the ...more

This 5000%

"Dumbass, turn your bike off. We've got another 10 minutes at least"

|

6/11/2019 3:08 PM

motoxxx599 wrote:

Does removing the oil injection system make that big of a difference on a PW50 with a kindergartener riding it?

sure makes it run cleaner!

|

6/11/2019 3:20 PM

You guys should come to Aus for the Junior Nationals, my first experience last year with my son in the 50 class (not PeeWee)

But our 50 class is the same in 100, bikes have to be 100% stock apart from Bars and pipe.

If the bike comes with a sprocket cover from the factory it has to have one, we have to run stock KTM radiators (though this finally got changed after last year) clutch has to be stock, even the air filters have to be the same stock brand the bike is sold with!

It was the biggest head fuck of a class to be involved with, by mid week, half way through the championships there were still 50s being torn down and re-checked. I think after the second final the top ten bikes all were gone over again, then the following morning every 50 in the field was given a once over.

Looking back it was pretty laughable, and at least I know what to expect this year, that is if we don't pull the pin on the 50 in the next couple of weeks smile

|

6/11/2019 3:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 3:29 PM

I've run out of face palms for this crap . . . .

Overly fanatical Pee Wee dads at work video exclusive:

via GIPHY

|

6/11/2019 5:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 5:12 PM

i have a son on a PW and one on a TC50. my mind has been blown the past year.

behold, PW50 LL prep. $1200.
http://www.profloracing.com/pw50-national-bike-prep/

keep in mind, a NEW PW is approx $1500.

someone earlier asked if it was worth it. a fast kid, absolutely can see a big difference. proflo says they are getting 50-75% more power. lol. think about that in context of percentage gains on a fullsize bike...

the amount of *aaaaalmost* illegal but legal hacks on the PW is high. chopping off the oil injection system, remove the oil pump from the cases and fit it with a plug, and replace the stock three way throttle cable to a normal throttle cable - illegal.

phase 2 of sneaky is leaving all the gear intact, filling the oil resovoir with premix, so it can be controlled. also illegal.

and then you get to this level of sneaky:
http://www.profloracing.com/pw50-oil-pump-adjustment-ama-legal/

send them your oil pump. they basically kill it to the point of being non functional, yet still functional. passes inspection...

go motocross entry class!

|

6/11/2019 5:20 PM

AngryBear wrote:

i have a son on a PW and one on a TC50. my mind has been blown the past year.

behold, PW50 LL prep. $1200.
...more

Tha'ts Awesome!......and Jetted for Race Fuel...but it doesnt say what fuel. I mean, I dont want anything but MXR02 in my AMA legal PW...

|

6/11/2019 5:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 5:28 PM

Arkmx wrote:

Ronnie Jackson got DQ'ed in the +30 after winning the OA.... at the SC Regional at Farm 14 because he scored 3 SX points in ...more

One question.

How do I get to be an AMA Referee? ha ha ha

|

6/11/2019 5:48 PM

Heard they had 65 motors in the pw chassis...

|

6/11/2019 5:50 PM

mx216 wrote:

Atleast its an age related national championship, those are actually kind of cool, especially for the kids. Whats not cool is ...more

That brings up the birthday problem.

|

6/11/2019 5:57 PM

aaryn #234 wrote:

You guys should come to Aus for the Junior Nationals, my first experience last year with my son in the 50 class (not PeeWee)

...more

2017 Horshm AJMX
All parents were pulled aside after some extremely fast 50's were noted. Told return your bikes to stock or they will be pulled down measured and be dq'd and sent home. Following day a lot of the faster kids were not fast as anymore. Referee (Clerk of Course) said he (son) had a title slip through there hands due to some opposition kids running illegal 50's said it would never happen under his watch.
Radiators and clutches is all that should be allowed to be aftermarket.

|

6/11/2019 6:00 PM

who remembers the mod pw50s before cobra? those were sweet

|

6/11/2019 6:08 PM

cable wrote:

who remembers the mod pw50s before cobra? those were sweet

They were awesome!

|

6/11/2019 6:12 PM

NITRODOG wrote:

It is a shit rule...watching Pee Wee dads run around the track chasing the kids is a time honored tradition in motocross...who ...more

motoxxx599 wrote:

Or been on the line when the peewee class in on the track and some idiot fires his bike up when the checkers come out for the ...more

Dude, they put the 50's before the pros at Thunder Valley one race (may have been a slight mudder but not sure). I remember sitting on the line for what felt like forever. Turns out they ran a 45 minute moto HAHAHA

|

6/11/2019 6:15 PM

The sport and rules dont want to catch cheaters.

It should be random tear downs or mandatory for the podium - and multiple shops inspect.

Not to mention is literally a PW class - the bikes AT LORETTAs should be supplied as a spec bike - from yamaha like they are at sx races

If you make loretta's - you buy on to the lease of the bikes for week.

But no one truly wants a level playing field...
Its bad for the industry in general...which is who pays the advertising bills.

I think if mandatory tear downs of podium bikes happened - our sport would get a lot better.

|

6/11/2019 6:30 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

It should be random tear downs or mandatory for the podium - and multiple ...more

I like the spec bike idea. Remember the Yamaha Race of Champions years ago?

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/11/2019 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 6:40 PM

A lot of butthurt in here. Pretty simple read the rule book. If youre racing on a national level the least you could do is familiarize yourself with the rules.....

....and the art of racing is gaining an advantage while staying legal. smartest people usually win and can squeak out a “legal” edge. Laziest usually get popped for cheating. “Oh I didn’t know....” or uh or you didn’t read ?

Cmon this racing. Everyone’s always tryin to gain an advantage somewhere. If you cry about it, it’s either because you can’t gain that advantage without actually cheating or you’re not smart enough to....

|

GP740
Since 1987

6/11/2019 7:04 PM

Pws don't make a lot of power to begin with, removing the oil pump assembly reduces drag on the motor. Guys will mill the head and run a shorter spark plug so the piston doesn't hit. Everyone knows the assistance rule and most practice picking the bike up in advance. This is the regional, not chicken licks raceway, the rules should be enforced.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

6/11/2019 7:34 PM

feelit2morrow wrote:

If you are cheating to make it in the PW class it's time to step away..

Raising kids is about teaching them positive lessons ...more

My Dad had a saying back when I was racing Pee Wee's, "If you wanna raise a complete idiot, just act like one by cheating".

|

6/11/2019 7:41 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

It should be random tear downs or mandatory for the podium - and multiple ...more

Love this idea. I know this will never happen BUT imagine getting rid of mod classes. All classes at LL stock classes. You race your bike to earn your way in but then one qualified the OEM provide bikes for all racers that qualified on their brand. No more factory supported "amateur" racers, use that budget money to provide these bikes. After the races raffle the bikes off and use the money raised for Road for Recovery or some other good cause.

|

6/11/2019 7:50 PM

This is nothing new.

I was refereee at a regional at gator back back in the early 90's and the top 10 were protested by a parent that had a rider that didn't even make the top 10. He protested something different on every bike and pulled out a bank roll like a soprano.

Even stewart got busted on time.at a Florida race for running the taller gearing from a scooter.

Once you get to the regional you better have your stuff squared away. The rule book is pretty clear. If you choose to ignore it than take your medicine when you get caught.

I personally feel that they should have kept the pw class as the only one that 4-6 could race so they could develop basic skills before moving on to the faster cobras.

Watching Bubba on a pw was an amazing thing. Keep in mind he won the 50cc class on a pw against cobra and lem bikes.

|

6/11/2019 7:54 PM

aaryn #234 wrote:

...more

Richard Tease II wrote:

2017 Horshm AJMX
All parents were pulled aside after some extremely fast 50's were noted. Told return your bikes to stock or ...more

The same chief Scrutineer who was in Tassy last year will be looking after AJMX this year.

Our bike was dead stock last year part from radiators, which we then quickly fixed up some stock ones to get us through after the opening day.

If we race this year, we will rock up with a dead stock bike again, though at this point it might not happen, we can't get any more than 5-10 hours out of a stock clutch now, I don't see the point in wasting more money just for the 50 class, but at the same time, after the state title round this weekend, we really only have two more state titles then the Aussie, so one more clutch might make it through lol.

|

6/11/2019 8:00 PM

I was also an AMA referee here locally in Ohio. The area qualifiers we're rough too. I wouldn't touch a regional with a 10' pole as a ref. The book made my job very easy in most cases. The hardest part for me was asshole parents blatantly cheating and I'd have to pull Ricky McStewart off the line. Next were the parents complaining when their kid got beat, coming to me saying the front kids must be cheating. In most cases I just flipped to the protest and tear down chapter of the book. Never had anyone actually pull out cash, thank God.

|

6/11/2019 8:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 8:11 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

A lot of butthurt in here. Pretty simple read the rule book. If youre racing on a national level the least you could do is ...more

I personally know what’s in a lot of the bikes being raced to podiums and wins in the 50 classes

They aren’t remotely legal as I read the rules.

But the way our claim rules work - you must protest the exact mod. If you say - big bore - and while inspecting see it’s ported, nope you loose
If you say stroked - and it’s a big bore - nope
You loose protest

You must protest (and pay for each item) the cheat accurately. So let’s say u we just knew it was cheating but didn’t know what
300 - bore
300 -stroke
300 - ported (vague rule by the way)
300 - clutch
300 - oil injection
300 - lightened internals on crank
300 - carb
300 - reeds

That’s 2400 up front

If you catch one u win 300 back but not the rest if nothing else

It’s to protect the non cheaters from being protested every moto - but it’s stupid

The rule book is explicit - no mods. But those who inspect - aren’t mod shops....

We used to joke, the stock class was always the stock pipe class. I knew Of many 105s in the 85 class, 72s in the 65 class and even heard a story from a current customer who had 80cc 50s way back in the day. Some dads didn’t even hide it. They put little wheels on a supermini, stock pipe and reeds and dared someone to pay up

Problem was - ac92, Webb, masterpool (RIP), jg33, etc would still win and the cheaters didn’t need to be protested. We heard from a really solid source the Suzuki supported kids in 85s were on 105s all season and they didn’t win much!

One year at a regional - a dad who’s kid got 7th, protested all the top 6 and literally said we are cheating like crazy so someone else must be...I never seen anything like it

Anyone remember deagan recently... caught in 50s
Was a 63 I think

This year I was getting threats of protest that we were building cheaters for Zane Merrett’s bike. No one paid up - and ironically his bike runs oem pistons so it was all talk
But I said once he goes pro that “fast bike” won’t be so fast

And now he’s pro - it ain’t even close to top bikes - same exact motor he was running at mini o and js7 , his sx futures win in Denver etc

hell - the thing has 20+ hours by now

And vs the top stuff - it’s night and day
We had to turn down some ecu tuning and rpm for his pro length motos since his amateur motor only had 15 min motos - as he was destroying parts around 10 hours and I’d rather see him finish races and get experience than blow up every moto aka 11-10 since he doesn’t have the parts budget for an every race engine.

I even know of a pro who had a small electrical issue between outdoor motos (likely from washing) and lined up on his 350 in 250f class
His start wasn’t any better
His finish was exact same
And it didn’t look any faster then the team bikes at any point of the track - and he still struggled to clear a big step up that the top 5 guys were getting clean...

|