LASIK .. How long after ?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2018 9:44 AM

I couldn't get a clear answer from anyone in the Lasik office on how long to wait to ride.

How long did you guys wait after surgery ?

|

5/24/2018 9:59 AM

49weasel wrote:

I couldn't get a clear answer from anyone in the Lasik office on how long to wait to ride.

How long did you guys wait after surgery ?

The following might be a bit more helpful. I found this on the web.

Take a Vacation from Exercise for Two Weeks

The key thing to remember is that the body needs to get plenty of rest after a patient undergoes LASIK vision surgery. After a surgeon operates, the patient will receive instructions to avoid all forms of exercise. Avoid the risk of having a foreign object hit the eyes by refusing to participate in baseball, football, soccer, volleyball, golf or hockey. Do not swim, ride a horse, go boating, ride a motorcycle, ride a bicycle or work in a garden. Do not use a hot tub or whirlpool for approximately one week after the procedure takes place.

|

5/24/2018 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2018 10:01 AM

I wasn't riding when I had mine done, but I would ask about getting dust in your eyes. As soon as that's ok you'll likely be fine. I wouldn't imagine it would be very long.

^^Edit: what that says

|

5/24/2018 10:23 AM

I dont have facts but I went last spring for the consultation and once I said motocross and dust was my plan they were thinking I should wait 2-3 months to ensure the healing was complete. Once that was said, I still wear contacts!!!!

|

NY..."A" class MX...

5/24/2018 10:26 AM

They told me I could play hockey and exercise in a week and I did with no issues. The flap heals 80% in the first few hours and they said the first day was the most important to the healing process.

|

5/24/2018 10:46 AM

nage0139 wrote:

They told me I could play hockey and exercise in a week and I did with no issues. The flap heals 80% in the first few hours and they said the first day was the most important to the healing process.

had mine done in 98 or so and this is what I was told....

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

5/24/2018 11:05 AM

I just got lasik done earlier this month and waited 8 days to ride. Doc said just wait a week and make sure to wear good goggles and to flush my eyes a couple extra times with drops if they get itchy or dry. They never did, but I still made it a point to use a couple drops through the day just to be sure.

I can say though my healing has been great, been about 3 weeks now and I haven't had a single issue and my vision is great. Just went in Tuesday for a checkup and got fully cleared to do everything like normal even water sports. Highly recommend lasik.

For what its worth I got mine done at the Whiting Clinic, bit more spendy than others in my area but nationally recognized and highly reviewed, plus they do a lot of work on athletes for MN hockey teams.

|

5/24/2018 11:28 AM

I had surgery yesterday at 5pm and I can already tell it was worth it. I asked a few people and no one could/would really answer the question directly. They really only said to not to get dust in them.

|

5/24/2018 1:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2018 1:25 PM

8k4x6f wrote:

I dont have facts but I went last spring for the consultation and once I said motocross and dust was my plan they were thinking I should wait 2-3 months to ensure the healing was complete. Once that was said, I still wear contacts!!!!

Dirt and dust make MX and MTB a big no-no for at least 3 months.

Unless you wear EKS BRAND!

LOL!

|

2013 CRF450R Factory Connection revalve, All stock.