LACR Mx Main Track

What do you guys think about it? Every other main track I get around just fine and jump pretty much everything but LACR’s main makes me feel like a complete beginner. The vet is cool but a little mellow for me if I’m driving all the way up there to ride. Do you think they’ll change the main anytime soon and add in some smaller jumps and tighter sections? They do an amazing job with the prep and water. Its just super frustrating only being able to jump half of the jumps on the main. Maybe it’s just me!
|
10/4/2020 3:26pm
Opposite. It’s the easiest track in Socal. No rip, no ruts, just pinned and relatively small jumps compared to how fast your going.
Motodave15
10/4/2020 3:28pm
Pfffff, idk im a wuss

I jump everything at perris on the main track/ dabble on statefair main as well... But cannot ride lacr's main track for the life of me.. i was barely able to handle their vet track.. I think the higher speeds is what fucks me up and everything seems bigger there.
hubbardmx50
10/4/2020 3:30pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Pfffff, idk im a wuss I jump everything at perris on the main track/ dabble on statefair main as well... But cannot ride lacr's main track...
Pfffff, idk im a wuss

I jump everything at perris on the main track/ dabble on statefair main as well... But cannot ride lacr's main track for the life of me.. i was barely able to handle their vet track.. I think the higher speeds is what fucks me up and everything seems bigger there.
Same here, absolutely love Perris but can’t ride LACR main for shit. Hopefully they make some changes soon.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/4/2020 4:25pm
Hmmm... I guess I’m just use to it, but all the jumps are fairly easy, IMO.
Honestly, I prefer the vet track lately, it’s just fun to me. I suppose it’s the whoop section and the flow that I like. But both tracks are fast and fun, IMO
I like a Cajuilla main too, it flows really well

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/4/2020 4:26pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Pfffff, idk im a wuss I jump everything at perris on the main track/ dabble on statefair main as well... But cannot ride lacr's main track...
Pfffff, idk im a wuss

Same here, absolutely love Perris but can’t ride LACR main for shit. Hopefully they make some changes soon.
What kind of changes would you like to see ?
hubbardmx50
10/4/2020 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2020 5:04pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Pfffff, idk im a wuss

langhammx wrote:
What kind of changes would you like to see ?
Jumps that I can actually do! Lol! I seem to have this issue with a lot of tracks. The Vet is too mellow and the main is just a little too gnarly. That’s why I like Perris. It’s in the middle. I will admit the LACR main has a great flow, just sucks when you can’t jump everything. I guess I’m in the minority of people who ride there
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/4/2020 5:08pm
I don’t like the main at all. Nothing but fast and wide open everywhere. I’d like it slowed down with challenging obstacles. I see people constantly asking for it to be ripped deep and they excuse it every time. Rip it deep, let it get rough, slow it down and make it challenging.
hubbardmx50
10/4/2020 5:14pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I don’t like the main at all. Nothing but fast and wide open everywhere. I’d like it slowed down with challenging obstacles. I see people constantly...
I don’t like the main at all. Nothing but fast and wide open everywhere. I’d like it slowed down with challenging obstacles. I see people constantly asking for it to be ripped deep and they excuse it every time. Rip it deep, let it get rough, slow it down and make it challenging.
Matty, I love you. Lol. Finally someone gets me! But I don’t have a problem with the prep, honestly I think they do a phenomenal job with the whole facility. After watching thunder valley yesterday I’ll take our hard pack dry freeways out here over having to choose between 6 ruts in a straightaway! Lol
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/4/2020 5:29pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I don’t like the main at all. Nothing but fast and wide open everywhere. I’d like it slowed down with challenging obstacles. I see people constantly...
Well.... if ya ain’t jumping the jumps now, Its only going to get tougher if you rip it deep and slow it down. Just sayin’ Cool
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/4/2020 5:34pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Well.... if ya ain’t jumping the jumps now, Its only going to get tougher if you rip it deep and slow it down. Just sayin’ Cool
Honestly after Glen Helen Tuesday and racing there yesterday, I couldn’t care less to go anywhere else now. Riding there both days reminded me how much more tough and fun it is to ride a rough and gnarly track where you actually have to pick your lines carefully. It’s just my preference I guess. Part of why I love riding our tracks up at Bean.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/4/2020 5:40pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
And the jumps wouldn’t be a big deal if I were riding and had the confidence. Riding once every 5-6 months doesn’t help me in that department at all. But that could easily be changed
10/4/2020 9:37pm
There are usually jumps there that I probably wouldn’t hit if I had to jump them first. But there are always guys hitting everything it isn’t that bad. Fox is sketchier and that’s my home track.
SoCalMX70
10/4/2020 11:20pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Honestly after Glen Helen Tuesday and racing there yesterday, I couldn’t care less to go anywhere else now. Riding there both days reminded me how much...
Honestly after Glen Helen Tuesday and racing there yesterday, I couldn’t care less to go anywhere else now. Riding there both days reminded me how much more tough and fun it is to ride a rough and gnarly track where you actually have to pick your lines carefully. It’s just my preference I guess. Part of why I love riding our tracks up at Bean.
Welcome back to the light side haha!

Glen Helen is a real outdoor track, simple as that. It will always be my favorite out here. I've learned more on GH than any other track.

As far as LACR goes, I feel the same, but I can't complain... I'm not a fast guy. LACR main is high speeds and just feels sketchy to me even though it is a smooth track. Also, as the OP said "everything feels bigger". Yeah, LACR has always given me this feeling that I'm a tiny person on a toy motorcycle, even back in the early 2000s. Everything is built so tall and wide.. Combine that with the speeds and I just feel over my head.

I actually don't think I've ridden the main more than 2 laps this year. Vet pretty much 100% of the time.
mxaaron
10/5/2020 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2020 2:35pm
What do you guys think about it? Every other main track I get around just fine and jump pretty much everything but LACR’s main makes me...
What do you guys think about it? Every other main track I get around just fine and jump pretty much everything but LACR’s main makes me feel like a complete beginner. The vet is cool but a little mellow for me if I’m driving all the way up there to ride. Do you think they’ll change the main anytime soon and add in some smaller jumps and tighter sections? They do an amazing job with the prep and water. Its just super frustrating only being able to jump half of the jumps on the main. Maybe it’s just me!
Man I hope they don't change it too much. I live in Seattle, and come down four or five times a winter. That's one of the two tracks (LACR and Cahuilla) that I hit every time I'm down there, and I mix up the second day with tracks like Perris and some of the others.....I'm going to try State Fair and Elsinore this winter too.

I'd just recommend finding someone you trust, and have them tow you over the stuff that worries you. Compared to the tracks we have up here, it doesn't seem any faster, and the sizes of the jumps are pretty similar to a common track we have in Washington as well.

Good luck, I'm going to be there Sunday the 18th of October. Maybe I'll see you there.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/5/2020 2:36pm
I’ve only been able to drive up there for vet track rentals (fun!). Is the main faster than something like Cahuilla? It doesn’t look like it.
mxaaron
10/5/2020 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2020 2:47pm
I've got helmet cam of both tracks on my Youtube. This video was one of the last times I was down there, before COVID, and it was windy as heck. You can hear the wind on the GoPro. It got so bad that me and my buddy (#916) stopped jumping a lot of the big jumps, it felt like I was going to get blown off the track. To this Washington dude, LACR and Cahuilla are my two favorites.

mxaaron
10/5/2020 4:58pm
Hows LACR main compared to Elsinore?
I haven't been to Elsinore yet.
rider41
10/5/2020 5:01pm
LACR's main track is a vet track compared to Elsinore's main.
Stuntman949
10/5/2020 5:02pm
I think there's too many jumps in Moto to begin with so you're preaching to the choir

Now LACR's dirt on the other hand will make you feel like damn hero when prepped. Bar drag few
mxaaron
10/5/2020 5:54pm
rider41 wrote:
Is this Elsinore's main track? Kind of reminds me of Fox's vet track, only not as good of dirt.

10/5/2020 6:12pm
rider41 wrote:
Really? I get around Elsinore's main just fine. If you're speaking mainly just about the dirt I agree it is very tough to find traction at Elsinore. Whoever is running it now its doing a great job with it. That tunnel jump in the back is so much fun.
10/5/2020 6:14pm
mxaaron wrote:
I've got helmet cam of both tracks on my Youtube. This video was one of the last times I was down there, before COVID, and it...
I've got helmet cam of both tracks on my Youtube. This video was one of the last times I was down there, before COVID, and it was windy as heck. You can hear the wind on the GoPro. It got so bad that me and my buddy (#916) stopped jumping a lot of the big jumps, it felt like I was going to get blown off the track. To this Washington dude, LACR and Cahuilla are my two favorites.

Nice video, you are a good rider man. I wish I had the cojones to hit all of those jumps! It looks so easy on GoPro footage. It's one of my favorite tracks too. That's why it bums me out I'm not jumping everything. The layout is the exact same in your video currently. I didn't realize it had been so long since they changed it
mxaaron
10/5/2020 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2020 7:21pm
mxaaron wrote:
I've got helmet cam of both tracks on my Youtube. This video was one of the last times I was down there, before COVID, and it...

Nice video, you are a good rider man. I wish I had the cojones to hit all of those jumps! It looks so easy on GoPro...
Nice video, you are a good rider man. I wish I had the cojones to hit all of those jumps! It looks so easy on GoPro footage. It's one of my favorite tracks too. That's why it bums me out I'm not jumping everything. The layout is the exact same in your video currently. I didn't realize it had been so long since they changed it
Well we're going to be at Cahuilla Saturday the 17th, and then I'm going to be at LACR Sunday the 18th, hopefully they don't change too much stuff.
Grant Kasper
Fantasy
4129th
10/6/2020 11:25am
rider41 wrote:
I ride Elsinore often just don't know if its worth the drive to lacr.
Grant Kasper
Fantasy
4129th
10/6/2020 11:35am
rider41 wrote:
mxaaron wrote:
Is this Elsinore's main track? Kind of reminds me of Fox's vet track, only not as good of dirt.

This is the old layout.
mxaaron
10/6/2020 4:00pm
rider41 wrote:
I ride Elsinore often just don't know if its worth the drive to lacr.
Yeah you guys have it good. Up here it's usually atleast a 100 mile drive. We have a saying that if you can't burn a tank of diesel, it's too close.
mxaaron
10/6/2020 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2020 4:02pm
rider41 wrote:
The layout must be totally different now than the video from a few months ago that I posted.
COAL-TRAIN
10/6/2020 4:57pm
I've always been a critic of big jumpy tracks...but I think LACR main track is perfect.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/6/2020 6:19pm
rider41 wrote:
mxaaron wrote:
The layout must be totally different now than the video from a few months ago that I posted.
It’s not

Post a reply to: LACR Mx Main Track

The Latest