LA Area "must see" spots

dre3101
Fantasy
1733rd
Wife is letting me tag along on a work trip, and I have a few hours to kill. Only my second time in SoCal, and the first was locked up in a bus on a trip.

If you had to recommend a few spots, where would you suggest?
|
300exc
3/11/2018 4:20pm
LACR.
Freaking great track.
Huntington Beach, just to chill.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
3/11/2018 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2018 4:34pm
Riding or tourist-ing? Palos Verdes is great. Santa Monica, Venice Beach. Stay by the coast and it’ll be a great time. Inner city is not the safest place to be but there sure is a lot to see.
KMC440
3/11/2018 4:30pm
Grauman's Chinese Theater, the walk of fame is there ... yes it's touristy hell but I've done it as a native. Hollywood sign ... doesn't matter how many times you've seen it it's still cool.
dimetime
3/11/2018 4:34pm
As an HB local l agree on the stop by.

We'd love to have ya hang for a few.

If there were swell l'd direct you down to the Wedge.

If you're further north towards LA, l always love driving around Palos Verdes point. From San Pedro to the South Bay. Especially the Potugese Bend area. So seismically active they can't build homes on it. The road is all over the place and the views are bad ass.

The Shop

vetmxr
3/11/2018 4:38pm
You might get a kick out of the Queen Mary in Long beach.......Also the Space shuttle Discovery I believe it is is a must see by the Colosseum.... Venice and Santa Monica to people watch....obviously the Hollywood sign.....Griffith park is really neat when its not packed.....non moto stuff.....
rikhek
3/12/2018 9:47am
Absolute best place is the airport for your return trip to get out of what was become the vile place known as Kalifornia. Just a cesspool and this is coming from a guy who lived there and liked it before being taken over by illegals and communists.

jwoltz
3/12/2018 10:10am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 10:43am
rikhek wrote:
Absolute best place is the airport for your return trip to get out of what was become the vile place known as Kalifornia. Just a cesspool...
Absolute best place is the airport for your return trip to get out of what was become the vile place known as Kalifornia. Just a cesspool and this is coming from a guy who lived there and liked it before being taken over by illegals and communists.

Stirred my pot. Back to good.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/12/2018 10:24am
rikhek wrote:
Absolute best place is the airport for your return trip to get out of what was become the vile place known as Kalifornia. Just a cesspool...

LOL!!!! I do agree though. I hate it here
yzweldon
3/12/2018 10:25am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 10:26am
Pro Circuit is pretty cool. I Love the town of Carlsbad but not much to see where the track used to be.
SrfNdirt
3/12/2018 10:39am
rikhek wrote:

Grinning
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/12/2018 11:00am
OP, go check out Pro Circuit if you can. I haven't had the chance yet, but I heard it's pretty cool. Otherwise, go to Milestone and check out the SX track, there should still be a few guys there.

When will you be out here?
Kyle978
3/12/2018 11:24am
Just go chill on the beach. Not worth fighting traffic for anything moto related other than going riding.
3/12/2018 11:36am
rikhek wrote:

LOL!!!! So Cal is the best place in the world! Beautiful people, great weather, amazing food and plenty of rad times.
Naanak
3/12/2018 12:05pm
Peterson auto museum, Griffith Park and observatory is great, lots of the inner city touristy spots are worth seeing if you haven’t before, queen Mary, Beverly Hills is neat along with Greystone manor/Park and I’m sure I’m missing a lot. Also Mt Wilson observatory has stunning views but is a little of a drive.
3/12/2018 1:08pm
There's just not enough folks into moto in LA these days - ask Kevin Windham , he may have his public track open again this year which is in MS but not far from the LA border.
BobbyM
3/12/2018 1:10pm
dre3101 wrote:
Wife is letting me tag along on a work trip, and I have a few hours to kill. Only my second time in SoCal, and the...
Wife is letting me tag along on a work trip, and I have a few hours to kill. Only my second time in SoCal, and the first was locked up in a bus on a trip.

Venice Beach, check it out
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
3/12/2018 1:16pm
dre3101 wrote:
Wife is letting me tag along on a work trip, and I have a few hours to kill. Only my second time in SoCal, and the...

Where is her work trip near? That would help for recommendations.

As already mentioned "a few hours" is not much time in SoCal. Definately do something that does not involve driving anywhere.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
3/12/2018 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 1:26pm
rikhek wrote:

LOL!!!! So Cal is the best place in the world! Beautiful people, great weather, amazing food and plenty of rad times.
I love it here as well.

As long as you make over $80,000 a year, don't plan to buy a house in a nice area (unless you make 300k a year) and live at the beach California is a great place. So many epic things that I can do from my place in Ventura in a 4 hour radius.

If you make 30k a year and have to live inland I would chose a different state forsure. I will include there is no salary big enough that would make me live in the Bakersfield - Fresno area.
Lightning78
3/12/2018 1:51pm
300exc wrote:
LACR.
Freaking great track.
Huntington Beach, just to chill.
Aww i miss huntington SadSadSad but its not the huntington it was even 5 years ago.... you really want to experience/enjoy beach town lyfe (life) he’d be better off going 5 mins south of HB to Newport its not such a tourist shitshow that Huntington has become
3/12/2018 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 2:02pm
rikhek wrote:

Myke wrote:
I love it here as well. As long as you make over $80,000 a year, don't plan to buy a house in a nice area (unless...
I love it here as well.

As long as you make over $80,000 a year, don't plan to buy a house in a nice area (unless you make 300k a year) and live at the beach California is a great place. So many epic things that I can do from my place in Ventura in a 4 hour radius.

If you make 30k a year and have to live inland I would chose a different state forsure. I will include there is no salary big enough that would make me live in the Bakersfield - Fresno area.
Exactly! I passed by Bakersfield last weekend and I agree, it is not a nice place to live. Ventura is really cool! I always cruise by when I drive up the coast. I love San Diego though. I live 30 minutes away from the beach, mountains, and the border.
buggz
3/12/2018 3:17pm
With only a few hours your not going to get far in LA traffic.

Hit up Titos tacos and get back to airport
newmann
3/12/2018 3:31pm
rikhek wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Laughing I do hate to see it getting ruined but heck that's going on everywhere. I absolutely love it out there. Cool crisp air coming in off the ocean beats the hell out of Southeast Texas. Seems most every time I get to Ca. it's just for the weekend and have to rush home. Would love to have about a month or two there to take it all in.
Brent
3/12/2018 3:33pm
you only have a few hours? Shit man it will take that long to get out of the airport loop...
Brent
3/12/2018 3:36pm
rikhek wrote:

"Communists" ??

Where the fuck in California did you live?

Born and raised here, and proud of this state despite the minor annoyances.

I've been to OK. and it ain't OK...
darrennerrad
3/12/2018 4:21pm
Go hang out on 2nd street in Belmont shore, my uncle's bar Acapulco Inn is cool and cheap and there's a Taco surf across the street, and you're not far from the beach.
Lightning78
3/12/2018 4:30pm
Go hang out on 2nd street in Belmont shore, my uncle's bar Acapulco Inn is cool and cheap and there's a Taco surf across the street...
Go hang out on 2nd street in Belmont shore, my uncle's bar Acapulco Inn is cool and cheap and there's a Taco surf across the street, and you're not far from the beach.
Haha AI is your Uncles bar? I spent a small fortune in there when i was at Cal State Long Beach ...this was before it was renovated....so many great times there!!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/12/2018 4:43pm
rikhek wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
newmann wrote:
:laugh: I do hate to see it getting ruined but heck that's going on everywhere. I absolutely love it out there. Cool crisp air coming in...
Laughing I do hate to see it getting ruined but heck that's going on everywhere. I absolutely love it out there. Cool crisp air coming in off the ocean beats the hell out of Southeast Texas. Seems most every time I get to Ca. it's just for the weekend and have to rush home. Would love to have about a month or two there to take it all in.
Geographically, there is no place better. If I really wanted to I could drive 1.5 hours to Comp Edge to ride, stop at Mt High on my way home to snowboard, drop my bike and board off at my house, cruise down to Venice with a long board then hit some waves(if I surfed) all in one day. With that said, people seem to be getting more and more rude, our laws suck, traffic literally gets worse every day, our gas prices are outrageous and it's way too expensive to live in a decent area unless you make close to $100k or more a year. I know in So-Cal we aren't quite as bad as say Frisco or those surrounding areas, but a freakin' two bedroom apartment without a garage goes for $2300+ a month in my area.

Post a reply to: LA Area "must see" spots

The Latest