L & MC's New Title Sponsor

jasonv43
Edited Date/Time 4/28/2012 12:58am
So I'm reading between the motos with Larry Brooks on Racerx's website and I come to this paragraph.

Lots of talk about the team. What is the status of it and what’s the future look like?
Two days ago I couldn’t have told you. If I would show you an email back and forth with our new sponsor because I said we were going to win tonight. The whole deal hinged on Andrew getting on the podium and I said, “Fine, we’ll go and win.” Don’t think I’m a fortune teller, I got lucky! So anyways, we’re going to announce it next week but we do have a new title sponsor. Our old one decided to just not be with us any more and that’s another story.

Then I read this.

The new title sponsor, we’ve agreed on everything and he’s going to be for the next two years. It’s going to be really cool to have him back into the sport.

And then it hits me.

Dave Damron - Chaparral Motorsports
|
Wiley
4/25/2012 8:26am
I thought the same thing when I read that; Chaparral.
slipdog
4/25/2012 8:47am
I was thinking of someone else, but Damron makes much more sense with the history between them all.

Thanks for setting me straight Jason!

I was worried they were going to whore out the MDK logo everywhere again....
MT MX
4/25/2012 9:09am
That would be cool to have them back in the game. When I read that interview I thought along the lines of Fun Bike Center or something like that. I've always wondered though what MDK was doing these days?

The Shop

rg4
4/25/2012 10:03am
Sure is refreshing to read an intelligent post. Great analyzation.
layinbody31
4/25/2012 10:05am
Did Chaparral ever sponsor a Honda team in the past? Or was it just always Yamaha's?
slipdog
4/25/2012 10:22am
Did Chaparral ever sponsor a Honda team in the past? Or was it just always Yamaha's?
They are a multi line dealership so in the begining they had Deegan on Honda, Schnell and Brandes on suzuki, then my brain gets fuzzy on the rest, lol. I think I remember them putting everyone on yamahas in '97, but don't remember if they had support or not back then. Someone else with a better memory then I have might remember.
mark_swart
4/25/2012 10:23am
You guys are way off. Brooks is clearly talking about J-Law being their new sponsor when he says "back to the sport."
slipdog
4/25/2012 10:35am
MT MX wrote:
That would be cool to have them back in the game. When I read that interview I thought along the lines of Fun Bike Center or...
That would be cool to have them back in the game. When I read that interview I thought along the lines of Fun Bike Center or something like that. I've always wondered though what MDK was doing these days?
Can't say how accurate this is, but I heard he was involved in an energy drink co.(not extreme sports related), working on legally producing Popcorn Sutton's(sp) famous moonshine and was in politics as a Councilman or something in Ohio???

Don't quote me on any of this though!
newmann
4/25/2012 10:55am
MT MX wrote:
That would be cool to have them back in the game. When I read that interview I thought along the lines of Fun Bike Center or...
Who was the high roller money man that bailed without paying his bills?
BAMX
4/25/2012 11:38am
MT MX wrote:
I find this hard to believe as, Fun Bike Center recently cut their shop in half and rented it out.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
4/25/2012 12:22pm
Craparral is the one shop, I will NEVER buy from. Fuck them and their "customer service"
Sully22
4/25/2012 12:27pm
RonSkj wrote:
Craparral is the one shop, I will NEVER buy from. Fuck them and their "customer service"
tell us how you REALLY feel....
slipdog
4/25/2012 1:39pm
RonSkj wrote:
Sully22 wrote:
tell us how you REALLY feel....
KAWboy14
4/25/2012 2:29pm
jasonv43 wrote:
So I'm reading between the motos with Larry Brooks on Racerx's website and I come to this paragraph. [b]Lots of talk about the team. What is...
So I'm reading between the motos with Larry Brooks on Racerx's website and I come to this paragraph.

Lots of talk about the team. What is the status of it and what’s the future look like?
Two days ago I couldn’t have told you. If I would show you an email back and forth with our new sponsor because I said we were going to win tonight. The whole deal hinged on Andrew getting on the podium and I said, “Fine, we’ll go and win.” Don’t think I’m a fortune teller, I got lucky! So anyways, we’re going to announce it next week but we do have a new title sponsor. Our old one decided to just not be with us any more and that’s another story.

Then I read this.

The new title sponsor, we’ve agreed on everything and he’s going to be for the next two years. It’s going to be really cool to have him back into the sport.

And then it hits me.

TFS?
BobbyM
4/25/2012 2:36pm
LB buzzed me a couple of days ago..should be real cool and here's to the best for them!!
jasonv43
4/25/2012 3:27pm
jasonv43 wrote:
So I'm reading between the motos with Larry Brooks on Racerx's website and I come to this paragraph. [b]Lots of talk about the team. What is...

Then I read this.

And then it hits me.

KAWboy14 wrote:
TFS?
That would be a no.
stackman17
4/25/2012 4:17pm
Read a tweet from RC about being in Cali and working on big things. The interview referred to "having him back in the sport". The thought just crossed my mind when reading each in their own context. Larry, MC and RC is a pretty talented line up. I guess we will all have wait and see.
4/25/2012 4:27pm
stackman17 wrote:
Read a tweet from RC about being in Cali and working on big things. The interview referred to "having him back in the sport". The thought...
Read a tweet from RC about being in Cali and working on big things. The interview referred to "having him back in the sport". The thought just crossed my mind when reading each in their own context. Larry, MC and RC is a pretty talented line up. I guess we will all have wait and see.
Vital would implode upon itself
Arkmx
4/25/2012 4:29pm

Tongue
Jakes Dad
4/25/2012 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2012 5:49pm
Jimmy Johnson Racing "Lowes" move over JGR.

Wonder if this will get deleted.
Highsider
4/27/2012 7:23am
"One week after winning the Seattle Supercross, Andrew Short has a new team title sponsor: Chaparral Racing! The surprise move, tweeted by team co-owner Larry Brooks, means that the old trio of Dave Damron, owner of the San Bernardino, CA-based mega shop, and Brooks and team co-owner Jeremy McGrath have reunited. Together, they won three AMA Supercross titles (1998 to 2000) and set a new mark of satellite team success.

Just a week ago the L&Mc team was struggling, having lost a sponsor and then not have another step up. But in the wake of Short's big win in Seattle, the team is now on solid footing with their old friends from Chaparral.

Racer X Online will have more on this story as it develops."
Xeno
4/27/2012 7:26am
Nice!
mauidex
4/27/2012 9:49am
that's really great fro Shorty.............are they in for outdoors?? would think so now as Chapparal means alot more to real core moto fans I'd say than saturday nite fights......
motomike137
4/27/2012 10:15am
mauidex wrote:
that's really great fro Shorty.............are they in for outdoors?? would think so now as Chapparal means alot more to real core moto fans I'd say than...
that's really great fro Shorty.............are they in for outdoors?? would think so now as Chapparal means alot more to real core moto fans I'd say than saturday nite fights......
Yeah... I hope this means that they will be running the MX series!

Post a reply to: L & MC's New Title Sponsor

The Latest