L.L., DC, Flaggers,Med, Races

MXTRAINER1
8/4/2008 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 9:38pm
This year was no different than before.

DC was up early and setting up the registration tables, then was walking around picking up trash before the races started. When was the last time you saw promoter doing that?

Flaggers, there has been talk about the flaggers doing this or that. The flaggers did their best at every race I attended and were quick to attend to the downed riders. Perfect? no, but much better than races run by others.

Medical: the attention to the riders and the track were exceptional. The Action Sports Medicine unit was on hand as well as the many ambulances. This is one track that actually attends quickly to the riders.

Races: the races were run with precision and even though the start is fairly high speed with a freshly disced dirt there were very few issues, due to having a right turn where the riders are forced to come in more correctly.

Torrential rains came down with extremely high winds and they worked on the track night and day to get it as close to race condition as possible.

Heat and humidity are always high and this year was no different. The riders who trained and acclimated were able to come through at the end. It was tough even if you were in shape. Congratulations to all who made it to L.L.. You are the best amateur MX athletes in the U.S.

See you next year.

Alan Gerkey
|
KAWboy14
8/4/2008 4:14pm
.....maybe DC did all that because he is to cheap to pay somebody?

chill out....i know he does it because he loves the sport.....the work side of most businesses are more rewarding than the business side!
mxwife
8/4/2008 4:48pm
Having the credentials to see the other side of the coin this year brought a whole new meaning to the behind the scenes action and respect for the officials, track personnel from flaggers to the officials and the medical staff on hand. They all worked very hard and did an awesome job. There was even a lady there who went into labor one night. They did an outstanding job. Thanks DC, Tim Cotter, Rita and the rest of the MX Sports staff for all you do! You all had a very stressful week and pulled through with much grace.
KAWboy14
8/4/2008 4:50pm
mxwife wrote:
Having the credentials to see the other side of the coin this year brought a whole new meaning to the behind the scenes action and respect...
Having the credentials to see the other side of the coin this year brought a whole new meaning to the behind the scenes action and respect for the officials, track personnel from flaggers to the officials and the medical staff on hand. They all worked very hard and did an awesome job. There was even a lady there who went into labor one night. They did an outstanding job. Thanks DC, Tim Cotter, Rita and the rest of the MX Sports staff for all you do! You all had a very stressful week and pulled through with much grace.
.....you realise this is their business right? they profit by expending all that love.....right?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/4/2008 4:54pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
.....you realise this is their business right? they profit by expending all that love.....right?
You realize all the shit-bagging you do on them gets really old...right?

The Shop

Yamaha336
8/4/2008 5:02pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Wow, I have never seen GuyB get upset. We all have our days I know.
jndmx
8/4/2008 5:15pm
Successful business people have some type of love for what they do, that is why they do it.
Working for a track here in NE was the biggest eye opener for me on this account.

Yes at the end of the day you may go home with some cash, you also might not....there is no paycheck every Friday. The people that love it will do it regardless of the profit margin.

And GuyB is right.....the constant bagging makes you look like even more of a tool than your usual comments.
MXTRAINER1
8/4/2008 5:18pm
Kaw boy,

there are many promoters and track owners who do not care about the racers to the extent that DC and his family do.

If they have a job and get paid then so be it. When they go above and beyond what is expected then they deserve the same accolaids as anyone.

Again, the race was professional and as good as it gets.

If you have a problem with them it is not because of how they conduct themselves or the race at L.L..

Alan Gerkey
mxwife
8/4/2008 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2008 6:20pm
Huh......What did I miss? I was only stating my point of view from last weeks racing. Thanks Guy B, Jndmx and MXTrainer1 for sticking by me. W/O the Coombs family, MX Sports and Racer Productions we would not have the event.
KAWboy14
8/4/2008 6:19pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
im not bagging on them!
KAWboy14
8/4/2008 6:20pm
they got your back its all good!
mxwife
8/4/2008 6:21pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
they got your back its all good!
We're goodWink
KAWboy14
8/4/2008 6:23pm
cool! Smile

i really wasnt trying to "bag" on anyone
newmann
8/4/2008 7:33pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
Not real sure what your point was exactly with that statement, but as a small business owner I realize it's not so simple. If D.C. could profit from that event come the end of tax season, I applaud him and his staff. So should you. Or did you?Smile
James
8/4/2008 7:34pm
Not to take anything away from Coombs, but I've seen a lot of promoters set up tables and pick up trash.

All that other stuff you mentioned, though, is top-notch and above and beyond the standard seen elsewhere and a big reason LL's has persisted as the de-facto national championships for so long.
Slow ~ Pro
8/4/2008 7:43pm
People don't understand that the income from a National event, financially, is not enough to carry through the year.

At Glen Helen, there is a race, or two each week, (with few exceptions) but still the income is not a landslide. If it were, they'd re-pave the entrance road.

I don't know of any track owner/promoter that relies solely on a track for an income. Most are self made millionaires in some other field.
BobbyM
8/4/2008 8:05pm
MXTRAINER1 wrote:
This year was no different than before. DC was up early and setting up the registration tables, then was walking around picking up trash before the...
This year was no different than before.

DC was up early and setting up the registration tables, then was walking around picking up trash before the races started. When was the last time you saw promoter doing that?

Flaggers, there has been talk about the flaggers doing this or that. The flaggers did their best at every race I attended and were quick to attend to the downed riders. Perfect? no, but much better than races run by others.

Medical: the attention to the riders and the track were exceptional. The Action Sports Medicine unit was on hand as well as the many ambulances. This is one track that actually attends quickly to the riders.

Races: the races were run with precision and even though the start is fairly high speed with a freshly disced dirt there were very few issues, due to having a right turn where the riders are forced to come in more correctly.

Torrential rains came down with extremely high winds and they worked on the track night and day to get it as close to race condition as possible.

Heat and humidity are always high and this year was no different. The riders who trained and acclimated were able to come through at the end. It was tough even if you were in shape. Congratulations to all who made it to L.L.. You are the best amateur MX athletes in the U.S.

See you next year.

Alan Gerkey
right on...i am not a big fan of am racing but DC is a great motoman and I am sure the LL races rocked ass. good post AG
BobbyM
8/4/2008 8:06pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
.....maybe DC did all that because he is to cheap to pay somebody? chill out....i know he does it because he loves the sport.....the work side...
.....maybe DC did all that because he is to cheap to pay somebody?

chill out....i know he does it because he loves the sport.....the work side of most businesses are more rewarding than the business side!
fuck off you looney jdub...

just kiddin...lmfao
BobbyM
8/4/2008 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:54pm
mxwife wrote:
Having the credentials to see the other side of the coin this year brought a whole new meaning to the behind the scenes action and respect...
KAWboy14 wrote:
you stupid f%^^$#...you realise a mans life was lost this week jackhole? a family man that raced moto with a passion that you kill crabgrass with. you really are an idiot scott...

man yer a dick....
BobbyM
8/4/2008 8:12pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
cool! Smile

i really wasnt trying to "bag" on anyone
you liar. why do your types come here scott? you don't post anything moto other than rippin DC a new asshole and sucking broons dick. why come here?
flarider
8/4/2008 8:14pm
Each year I am impressed with how well they all function on pretty much zero sleep.
Rita, Carrie, Tim, DC, Timmy and the gang are there late in the night with the nighttime activities and are then back up and at it before 7am for the 7:30am race start....daily
They do work hard, and deserve what they earn.
One also needs to keep in mind that in a situation like they're in, there is no making everyone happy, but they do their best to try.
All anyone can ask
GIwasB4
8/4/2008 8:21pm
flarider wrote:
Each year I am impressed with how well they all function on pretty much zero sleep. Rita, Carrie, Tim, DC, Timmy and the gang are there...
Each year I am impressed with how well they all function on pretty much zero sleep.
Rita, Carrie, Tim, DC, Timmy and the gang are there late in the night with the nighttime activities and are then back up and at it before 7am for the 7:30am race start....daily
They do work hard, and deserve what they earn.
One also needs to keep in mind that in a situation like they're in, there is no making everyone happy, but they do their best to try.
All anyone can ask
RC is the Queen of MX, CC is the lawyer type that keeps it in check, TC is the workhorse and DC owns it all (according to most sources)

I am also very impressed with what they pull off, then again, it's their's to lose.
flarider
8/4/2008 8:22pm
Truth be told, Rita's boss, and you can bet her name is at the top of all the paperwork
teggers
8/4/2008 8:57pm
I applaud them if they make a profit.

It means they have a great product that people are willing to pay for....that is hard to do consistantly in the big wide world of business.
curmudgeon
8/4/2008 9:40pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Shocked
DL
8/5/2008 6:53am
Loretta's is run really well by people that care and listen and evolve with the sport. This can not be said for some of the other so called amateur nationals. As the story goes DC and his Dad attended Ponca some 30 plus years ago and left there unhappy knowing they could do a better job. They literaly stumbled onto the Loretta Lynn property, met the right people and thus Loretta's was born. Now if MX Sports would put together a legitimate amateur national race series the amateur world would be eternally grateful. Please.
rocrac
8/5/2008 7:09am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:54pm
DL wrote:
Loretta's is run really well by people that care and listen and evolve with the sport. This can not be said for some of the other...
Loretta's is run really well by people that care and listen and evolve with the sport. This can not be said for some of the other so called amateur nationals. As the story goes DC and his Dad attended Ponca some 30 plus years ago and left there unhappy knowing they could do a better job. They literaly stumbled onto the Loretta Lynn property, met the right people and thus Loretta's was born. Now if MX Sports would put together a legitimate amateur national race series the amateur world would be eternally grateful. Please.
X2

Sorry about your son's injury...I heard he was hauling at Ponca.
partialperson
8/5/2008 8:49am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:54pm
I've been going to LL's since '83, missed a few years. Started taking my son to watch when he was 3. His 1st year racing, age 9 on a 60, he was an alternate & I bugged the shit out of Rita. She was the most gracious, caring, understanding promoter & one of the busiest I've ever dealt with. 3 years later my son made the show. The weekend previous DC stopped me & we had a short conversation. He had questions about my prosthesis, his close friend had just lost a leg. A few days later he was hanging with Jeff Cernic, Jeff changing tires for customers, DC helping. DC took it upon himself to find my tires, wheels & takeoffs & help me load them into my cart. I'm pretty sure they love the sport & the people that share that love. There are easier ways to make a living, ask any promoter. MXSports has become huge as you all know and the sport and expenses along with it. Their events, even if you choose only run area qualifiers, still bring on a larger more well rounded level of competition, in turn bettering the sport. Take it a face value. What if there where no MXSports? Where would amateur MX be? KAWboy, if there where no money to be made all that love & hard work wouldn't be worth it & MxSports wouldn't exist, then what?

Post a reply to: L.L., DC, Flaggers,Med, Races

The Latest