Kudos to the teams and riders that chose to race the MXoN

Edited Date/Time 9/27/2021 5:40am
Every year, there's a bunch of excuses and no one believes them any longer, and there will be more excuses next year. Herlings is in the middle of a World Title chase, and is proud to represent his country. Back in the 80s, riders wanted to represent their country and were disappointed if they were not selected. Now, that's not the case and I don't think it's a mere coincidence that the loss of interest just so happens to coincide with Team U.S.A. losing streak. Just take your lumps and learn from them.

I understand we have riders that want to go, but can't for various reasons (for example, not wanting to get the vaccine), but it seems to be the case that overall riders just don't want to go. Respect to the Lawrence brothers for being honest and saying that it was out of their hands (they were told that they could not go). So kudos to the teams and racers who are there. Just sad for me to see the current state of affairs happening with the MXoN.
|
CG118
9/25/2021 8:58am
We will get there. We will get there again when it’s time. Now is not the time. The restrictions and unknowns of international travel are just too fucked up right now.
CPR
9/25/2021 9:38am
CG118 wrote:
We will get there. We will get there again when it’s time. Now is not the time. The restrictions and unknowns of international travel are just...
We will get there. We will get there again when it’s time. Now is not the time. The restrictions and unknowns of international travel are just too fucked up right now.
Hopefully team USA can make it to Red Bud next year?
Brent
9/25/2021 9:46am
You guys don't get it.

The word of the day is QUARANTINE.

Learn it.

Any non EU riders have to quarantine for 10 days after arrival from AUS or the USA. 10 days to sit in a hotel room, no training, no riding.

I was supposed to go to Teuchenthal next week for the German GP, and now they say I had to quarantine for 10 days after arrival, so now I cant go.

If there were no covid, Im sure the USA would have sent a team.
aeffertz
9/25/2021 9:54am
Bunch of grumpy old men yelling at the clouds.

The Shop

Bearuno
9/25/2021 9:56am
CG118 wrote:
We will get there. We will get there again when it’s time. Now is not the time. The restrictions and unknowns of international travel are just...
CPR wrote:
Well, hopefully Australia can make it next year, too.

Glass Houses, CPR.

The World, may still be in a sh*tload of turmoil, even then, mate.
ayearinmx
9/25/2021 10:06am
Brent wrote:
You guys don't get it. The word of the day is QUARANTINE. Learn it. Any non EU riders have to quarantine for 10 days after arrival...
You guys don't get it.

Learn it.

Any non EU riders have to quarantine for 10 days after arrival from AUS or the USA. 10 days to sit in a hotel room, no training, no riding.

I was supposed to go to Teuchenthal next week for the German GP, and now they say I had to quarantine for 10 days after arrival, so now I cant go.

that just simply isn't true... otherwise Canada couldn't be racing, nor Venezuela... and Weege couldn't have been at the Cairoli retirement in Rome and JT wouldn't have been in Sardinia ....

It is not "ANY"... it is only for non-vaccinated.... big difference

https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Quote:
"Quarantine Information:

Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? In some instances
Travelers from the United States unable to present a valid vaccination or recovery certificate will have to self-isolate on arrival for five days and undergo a molecular PCR or rapid antigen test at the end of the isolation."

For Germany:
https://de.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

"All travelers from high-risk areas , including the United States, except those with proof of vaccination or proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last 6 months, must quarantine for 10 days."

greg570
9/25/2021 10:10am
Brent wrote:
You guys don't get it. The word of the day is QUARANTINE. Learn it. Any non EU riders have to quarantine for 10 days after arrival...
You guys don't get it.

Learn it.

Funny, they send isde and vet mxdn team...hmmmmm
gt80rider
9/25/2021 10:15am
Too greedy... somebody come up with excuses to not spend money.... hell we've been losing forever.... I would much rather watch people that actually care and want to be there... then watch our self entitled millionaires half ass it (again)....
tek14
9/25/2021 10:58am
Brent wrote:
You guys don't get it.

Learn it.

Not truth. People who have 2 shots can travel without problem.
9/25/2021 11:17am
It’s just an easy excuse for the AMA to use. Shameful honestly. And of course it’s not a mud fest and the schedule was in our favor…
Sc2
9/25/2021 11:36am
Genuine Q?
How do the USA fans feel about mxdn, is it not as bigger deal to the euro fans

Also, why has marvin and rokzen choosen not to race

It's the favourite race of the year to me
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/25/2021 11:49am
Sc2 wrote:
Genuine Q? How do the USA fans feel about mxdn, is it not as bigger deal to the euro fans Also, why has marvin and rokzen...
Genuine Q?
How do the USA fans feel about mxdn, is it not as bigger deal to the euro fans

Also, why has marvin and rokzen choosen not to race

It's the favourite race of the year to me
Marvin had Covid and wouldn't have been able to travel to Italy.

From what I've seen, Honda is behind the decision of Roczen not going. I think I read something about part shortages as well. True or not, I don't know.
9/25/2021 12:50pm
CPR wrote:
😂🤣😝which team,A,B or C?
9/25/2021 12:55pm
Why are the ama riders not vaccinated,serious question?
9/25/2021 1:09pm
Bonanza69 wrote:
Here is the States, the vaccine has been a very divisive issue, drawing political lines between the two sides so there is a lot of mistrust towards our government, science, and even medical professionals. The riders don't want to so it's a personal choice. They are young, healthy, and don't want to be forced to put something in their body just to go to a race.
jtmoto509
9/25/2021 1:12pm
Every year, there's a bunch of excuses and no one believes them any longer, and there will be more excuses next year. Herlings is in the...
Every year, there's a bunch of excuses and no one believes them any longer, and there will be more excuses next year. Herlings is in the middle of a World Title chase, and is proud to represent his country. Back in the 80s, riders wanted to represent their country and were disappointed if they were not selected. Now, that's not the case and I don't think it's a mere coincidence that the loss of interest just so happens to coincide with Team U.S.A. losing streak. Just take your lumps and learn from them.

I understand we have riders that want to go, but can't for various reasons (for example, not wanting to get the vaccine), but it seems to be the case that overall riders just don't want to go. Respect to the Lawrence brothers for being honest and saying that it was out of their hands (they were told that they could not go). So kudos to the teams and racers who are there. Just sad for me to see the current state of affairs happening with the MXoN.
You sound like a crazy girl that can’t get your ex boyfriends dick out of your mouth. Move on bro, USA isn’t there this year. You’ll be ok.
9/25/2021 1:13pm
Bonanza69 wrote:
Here is the States, the vaccine has been a very divisive issue, drawing political lines between the two sides so there is a lot of mistrust...
Here is the States, the vaccine has been a very divisive issue, drawing political lines between the two sides so there is a lot of mistrust towards our government, science, and even medical professionals. The riders don't want to so it's a personal choice. They are young, healthy, and don't want to be forced to put something in their body just to go to a race.
Thanks for the info!👍
9/25/2021 1:38pm
Brent wrote:
You guys don't get it.

Learn it.

I have a friend who was a very very good cycle racer. Not pro, but close.

He devoted years to cycling with good trainers around him.
In 2015 he had a crash in a bunch sprint.
He luckily had no injuries other than bruising snd gravel rash.
He had no choice but to sit out ten days before he could get the Lycra back on. Of course, no swimming snd he certainly wasn’t in the mood for stretching.

Day 13 & he was putting out power numbers he hadn’t reached for years. And rode the remainder of the season higher than expectations.

These top level athletes won’t be harmed by ten days rest.

Brent
9/25/2021 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2021 2:00pm
Brent wrote:
You guys don't get it.

Learn it.

ayearinmx wrote:
that just simply isn't true... otherwise Canada couldn't be racing, nor Venezuela... and Weege couldn't have been at the Cairoli retirement in Rome and JT wouldn't...
that just simply isn't true... otherwise Canada couldn't be racing, nor Venezuela... and Weege couldn't have been at the Cairoli retirement in Rome and JT wouldn't have been in Sardinia ....

Quote:
"Quarantine Information:

Travelers from the United States unable to present a valid vaccination or recovery certificate will have to self-isolate on arrival for five days and undergo a molecular PCR or rapid antigen test at the end of the isolation."

For Germany:

"All travelers from high-risk areas , including the United States, except those with proof of vaccination or proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last 6 months, must quarantine for 10 days."

I am double vaccinated. I have my card to prove it.

Lufthansa told me that I still must quarantine upon arrival.

There is conflicting information, my Dutch visitors are vaccinated and were told by KLM that they must quarantine upon return to the Netherlands even with a negative Covid test.

So who’s right?
kongols
9/25/2021 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2021 2:10pm
Brent wrote:
You guys don't get it.

Learn it.

ayearinmx wrote:
that just simply isn't true... otherwise Canada couldn't be racing, nor Venezuela... and Weege couldn't have been at the Cairoli retirement in Rome and JT wouldn't...

Quote:
"Quarantine Information:

For Germany:

Brent wrote:
I am double vaccinated. I have my card to prove it. Lufthansa told me that I still must quarantine upon arrival. There is conflicting information, my...
I am double vaccinated. I have my card to prove it.

Lufthansa told me that I still must quarantine upon arrival.

There is conflicting information, my Dutch visitors are vaccinated and were told by KLM that they must quarantine upon return to the Netherlands even with a negative Covid test.

So who’s right?
First of all don`t listen to airline. Ask what you have to do to get on a plane and that`s it. Read official government requirements.
I was flying to Belgium this summer and airline told me I need a test even though I was double vaccinated. They sent multiple people to test site, 100 bucks a person. I said fuck no, cause I read all the recent info on both Latvian and Belgian government sites. They were scrambling for info for half an hour, but in the end I was right. I saved some folks some money, but many did the test. That was during check-in.
Brent
9/25/2021 2:39pm
kongols wrote:
First of all don`t listen to airline. Ask what you have to do to get on a plane and that`s it. Read official government requirements. I...
First of all don`t listen to airline. Ask what you have to do to get on a plane and that`s it. Read official government requirements.
I was flying to Belgium this summer and airline told me I need a test even though I was double vaccinated. They sent multiple people to test site, 100 bucks a person. I said fuck no, cause I read all the recent info on both Latvian and Belgian government sites. They were scrambling for info for half an hour, but in the end I was right. I saved some folks some money, but many did the test. That was during check-in.
Well that worked out for you, great.

So I get different answers from the USA government, the German government, and the German airline. So just my luck I get there, I dont speak the language, and get forced to quarantine. I dont want to take that chance so I cancelled my flight.

Is it worth the risk to take the flight if there is conflicting rules? There are new procedures in place after June 21st in the EU I was told.

Same rules seems to be used for travelers to Holland from California , they called one of the guys to make sure they were quarantining at home when they got back, dude is fully vaccinated and tested negative on his Covid test at LAX on the way out of California.
lestat
9/25/2021 3:13pm
Is there any rider that is not there because of a travel issue ? Everyone made it ?
kongols
9/25/2021 3:23pm
kongols wrote:
First of all don`t listen to airline. Ask what you have to do to get on a plane and that`s it. Read official government requirements. I...
Brent wrote:
Well that worked out for you, great. So I get different answers from the USA government, the German government, and the German airline. So just my...
Well that worked out for you, great.

So I get different answers from the USA government, the German government, and the German airline. So just my luck I get there, I dont speak the language, and get forced to quarantine. I dont want to take that chance so I cancelled my flight.

Is it worth the risk to take the flight if there is conflicting rules? There are new procedures in place after June 21st in the EU I was told.

Same rules seems to be used for travelers to Holland from California , they called one of the guys to make sure they were quarantining at home when they got back, dude is fully vaccinated and tested negative on his Covid test at LAX on the way out of California.
USA is much stricter with Covid rules for travelers. In Europe, if you`re vaccinated, you can go anywhere no problem. Flying to Greece in a week or so to catch some sun. All I need to do is fill the form on Greece government site, that I will be arriving. That`s it.
kongols
9/25/2021 3:27pm
Here is a rules for US citizens as of September 7th.

Travel Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated Travelers

If you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized by emergency use by the World Health Organization:

You do NOT have to get tested before leaving the United States, unless your destination requires it.
You do NOT have to self-quarantine after you arrive in the United States.
Before travel:
Make sure you understand and follow all airline and destination requirements related to travel, testing, masking, or quarantine, which may differ from U.S. requirements. If you do not follow your destination’s requirements, you may be denied entry and may be required to return to the United States.
During travel:
Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. Travelers are not required to wear a mask in outdoor areas of a conveyance (like on open deck areas of a ferry or the uncovered top deck of a bus).
Travelers should follow recommendations or requirements in the Netherlands, including mask wearing and social distancing.
Before you travel to the United States by air
All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.

After Travel
You should get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel
Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.
9/25/2021 3:28pm
Agreed. Rather than constantly shitting on the riders and teams that didn't go why not just appreciate those who did go to put on a great event for us fans.
ATKpilot99
9/25/2021 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2021 3:56pm
Are we shitting on Gajser an Febvre for not going too ? I know Gajser is injured but he opted out before that happened.
And I know we like to look at the past through rose colored glasses but the first US team that won back in 81 was a so called B team because others didn't want to go . I'm pretty sure McGrath has turned it down more than once also .
CPR
9/25/2021 4:36pm
CG118 wrote:
CPR wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
Well, hopefully Australia can make it next year, too.

Glass Houses, CPR.

The World, may still be in a sh*tload of turmoil, even then, mate.
Actually Australia not having a team competing is even worse than the US not turning up- we have very capable GP riders already in Europe that could have been a competitive team.
Why that was not the fallback option I don’t understand.
9/25/2021 4:40pm
Another COVID thread? Outstanding 🤦‍♂️Sick
Brent
9/25/2021 4:51pm
kongols wrote:
Here is a rules for US citizens as of September 7th. Travel Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated Travelers If you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine...
Here is a rules for US citizens as of September 7th.

Travel Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated Travelers

If you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized by emergency use by the World Health Organization:

You do NOT have to get tested before leaving the United States, unless your destination requires it.
You do NOT have to self-quarantine after you arrive in the United States.
Before travel:
Make sure you understand and follow all airline and destination requirements related to travel, testing, masking, or quarantine, which may differ from U.S. requirements. If you do not follow your destination’s requirements, you may be denied entry and may be required to return to the United States.
During travel:
Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. Travelers are not required to wear a mask in outdoor areas of a conveyance (like on open deck areas of a ferry or the uncovered top deck of a bus).
Travelers should follow recommendations or requirements in the Netherlands, including mask wearing and social distancing.
Before you travel to the United States by air
All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.

After Travel
You should get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel
Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.
I got this from the German Consulate -

"From Sunday, August 15th, 0:00 Uhr CET the USA are classified as a so-called COVID high-risk area applying to air and sea travel outside of Europe (entering Germany from countries that do not belong to the European Union)) for travelers who are not affected by the above-mentioned travel-restrictions. Please check your airline´s applicable conditions of carriage. Decisions concerning entry into Germany are made by the Federal Police. The German Foreign Missions have no influence in this process."

They also asked if I had an urgent reason to visit Germany, I had to tell them I was just wanting to attend a Motocross race to see a friend..

The EU considers the United States a "High Risk Country" for the transmission of Covid. The ticket cost and the arbitrary nature of the rules made me think twice.

It may have been fine when I got there, but I didn't want to spend 3 grand and 13 hours from LAX to Germany just to get turned back...

Post a reply to: Kudos to the teams and riders that chose to race the MXoN

The Latest