Kudos, Concerns and thanks for KTM!!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/17/2010 7:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 11:26 PM

Just thinking about it, but whether I do or don't ever own a KTM bike, they deserve some well deserved props for everything they are doing. They actually are the ONLY Compnay out there trying to please EVERYONE.

They still make 2 Strokes and put R&D in to them while maintaing and improving their 250/450 4 Strokes as well as the new 350 4 Stroke.

Yamaha still makes a 2 Stroke, but it is what, 2006 Technology? The big 4 can only rest on their laurels for so long. They are going to have to do more than just EFI and frame geometry to compete with the Monster KTM is trying to become.


NOW for the concerns!

Lakewood - Horsepower robbing track - MXoN - KTM - 350

This bike is already at a 100cc disadvantage. Is Lakewood going to make it even worse?

AC is the Man over in the GP's right now and is an amazing talent for sure. However, I think AC and the rest of the GP guys are already going to struggle with the "altitude" in Colorado themselves, much less his bike as well. I hope he has a 450 prepared for that race. I know KTM and Everts are going to watch Alessi like a hawk at the Lakewood National.

Who picked this track for the MXoN anyway? If the US wins, the GP riders already have a built in excuse for the altitude. And rightfully so. Whoever represents the US there will no doubt have at least 2 years of experience at this place.

Anyway, KTM, I am not sold on you yet, but your head and Company is heading in the right direction and the only one doing so, so thank you and my hats off to you!

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/17/2010 9:17 AM

Denver International Airport picked the track. That is a fact. Only US track willing to pay the money with an international airport 39 minutes away.

The GP riders race 35 plus 2 laps. Those extra 3 laps will make up for the "alltitude".

The KTM Factory is the dominant force in motocross. Can't wait to sell our CRF450, KX450, and RMZ250. Support the company that invents, supports, and moves our sport forward.

I would love nothing more than to see Team USA get its ass handed to itself on US soil.

|

6/17/2010 9:27 AM

KTM has it going on. Our 08 144 is the most fun bike on the planet. Wanting to get another KTM 2 stroke soon.

|

6/17/2010 10:27 AM

jaeckle wrote:

Denver International Airport picked the track. That is a fact. Only US track willing to pay the money with an international ...more

i think at the last mxon the motos were 30+2 laps

|

6/17/2010 11:42 AM

jaeckle wrote:

Denver International Airport picked the track. That is a fact. Only US track willing to pay the money with an international ...more

TheCynic82 wrote:

i think at the last mxon the motos were 30+2 laps

He was saying that the fact that the GP riders are use to doing 35+2 laps and that conditioning will somehow help their breathing. I'm not sure where he is getting 3 extra laps in a 5 minute span, but that is not going to help anyway. I don't care if you are Lance Armstrong! You will struggle with the altitude and there is no way around it. Unless the GP riders have a training facility at Eagles Nest in Germany that is.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/17/2010 12:09 PM

jaeckle wrote:

Denver International Airport picked the track. That is a fact. Only US track willing to pay the money with an international ...more

Yo jaeckle , your last statement confuses me a little. Any explanation why you feel that way ??

|

6/17/2010 12:25 PM

jaeckle wrote:

Denver International Airport picked the track. That is a fact. Only US track willing to pay the money with an international ...more

OldPro277 wrote:

Yo jaeckle , your last statement confuses me a little. Any explanation why you feel that way ??

??

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/17/2010 12:29 PM

That brought the Lol's!!

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/17/2010 2:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2010 2:05 PM

If its any consolation Racer111, I thought your reply was very funny. But that still doesn't answer my question to our boy jaeckle. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a flag-waving patriot, ( ok maybe I am ) but those kind of comments bother me. Did all 3 of our riders, which haven't even been selected yet, do some kind of dastardly deed to his wife and kids ? Or maybe your reply did answer the question. Or maybe I'm over-reacting

|

6/17/2010 2:44 PM

I have to say, i am warming up more and more to KTM myself, if i were buying a new bike now, there is no doubt it would be a KTM, unfortunately i just got my 2010 KX a few months ago so i gotta keep it, damn it, life is so hard! lol

|

17 KTM 450 SXF - AMAZING!

6/17/2010 2:51 PM

And when we go electric they look to be putting themselves in the front running, right from the beginning.

|

6/17/2010 5:21 PM

Motodrew295 wrote:

And when we go electric they look to be putting themselves in the front running, right from the beginning.

I think the 350 already is Electric.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/17/2010 6:39 PM

newmann wrote:

KTM has it going on. Our 08 144 is the most fun bike on the planet. Wanting to get another KTM 2 stroke soon.

If you like the 144, try the 200exc with the MX plastic on it. Bottom end-power-flickability..a dream.

|

6/18/2010 4:27 AM

newmann wrote:

KTM has it going on. Our 08 144 is the most fun bike on the planet. Wanting to get another KTM 2 stroke soon.

Team Euro wrote:

If you like the 144, try the 200exc with the MX plastic on it. Bottom end-power-flickability..a dream.

I have a friend who now owns a KTM dealership. I am going to try them all. wink

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/18/2010 6:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2010 6:15 AM

jaeckle wrote:

Denver International Airport picked the track. That is a fact. Only US track willing to pay the money with an international ...more

|

6/18/2010 6:43 AM

jaeckle wrote:

Denver International Airport picked the track. That is a fact. Only US track willing to pay the money with an international ...more

fast willy wrote:

Wow, you must be one tough MoFo. I'm skeered just thinking about it. LOL

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

6/18/2010 7:10 AM

jaeckle wrote:

Denver International Airport picked the track. That is a fact. Only US track willing to pay the money with an international ...more

fast willy wrote:

He's entitled to have an opinion without risking his life in a modern democracy wouldn't you say? Maybe this attitude is a consequence because he thinks some xenophobics needs to sober up? Just speculating of course...

I don't think threatening people with physical violence is ok, and might be illegal?

|

6/18/2010 7:49 AM

Why is the 350 altitude performance a concern for you? Do you race a Lakewood much? The highest point in KY is what 4200 ft?

Geez how about buying a bike that would be good for you? How about buying from a company making the effort to provide racer with what they want. Sure seems like you more worried that if the 350 doesn't win at Lakewood then it invalidates it as an option for the enthusiasts. As if the 350 success or failure in the AMA or FIM Championships has any bearing on your results.

|

6/18/2010 8:16 AM

IMO of all the places that the 350 will be at a disadvantage it will be Lakewood. My 450 in California compared to here in Colorado is a different machine. The start straight at Lakewood is uphill and becomes part of the track. The second straight a Lakewood is uphill as well. Altitude robs horsepower worse than than anything else. In the end every bike and rider on the track has to overcome the same oxygen deprived environment, it just affects the smaller displacement bikes more.

|

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the bastards."

6/18/2010 8:25 AM

All the bikes will be effected by the altitude, therefore the power differences between 450 and 350, if there is any, (we haven't seen them on the dyno to get actual data,) should be pretty much the same anywhere.

Yet, the improved handling of the 350, (if there is any) will still be the same. imo

|

6/18/2010 8:44 AM

Outsider wrote:

All the bikes will be effected by the altitude, therefore the power differences between 450 and 350, if there is any, (we ...more

A very American orientated trait. Too many moto mags and not enough seat time. It`s a shame that The AMA and the JAP4 have turned the states into a pure commercial orientated brainwashed consumer. Just remember that motocross is 95% rider and 5 % bike. The lesser the talent the greater the commercial aspect of excuses for the machines fault.Typical American excuses.

|

6/18/2010 9:04 AM

Outsider wrote:

All the bikes will be effected by the altitude, therefore the power differences between 450 and 350, if there is any, (we ...more

Team Euro wrote:

A very American orientated trait. Too many moto mags and not enough seat time. It`s a shame that The AMA and the JAP4 have ...more

Who is this directed at? Me? What excuse did I make?

|

6/18/2010 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2010 9:11 AM

Outsider wrote:

All the bikes will be effected by the altitude, therefore the power differences between 450 and 350, if there is any, (we ...more

It is going to rob a percentage of HP right? If it were say 15% of HP off of each one that could mean a hp or so difference...IF they are more than a few HP different.

|

Funny (and true) quote deleted at the request of miedosoracing1.

‎"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

6/18/2010 9:15 AM

American trait that we deal with facts. It is a proven fact with all combustion engines that they produce less power at altitude and that the smaller displacement motors are more affected. When you factor in that the current crop of 450's at the factory level are detuned they have more options to deal with the oxygen deprived air.
95/5 rider to bike is a joke. while that is true at the local level, at the professional level without a great bike tuned to the rider they will not be competitive.

|

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the bastards."

6/18/2010 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2010 9:18 AM

Outsider wrote:

All the bikes will be effected by the altitude, therefore the power differences between 450 and 350, if there is any, (we ...more

panic revver wrote:

It is going to rob a percentage of HP right? If it were say 15% of HP off of each one that could mean a hp or so ...more

Yup, your edit jacked me up. lol

|

6/18/2010 9:26 AM

It is not a straight percentage of max horsepower lost. If you take the HP and Torque curve and move it straight down the chart and flatten it out a bit. That is what you get. You have to look at it as the distance away from 0 hp and 0 torque and compare the two, not the total amount lost by each.

|

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the bastards."

6/18/2010 9:31 AM

pie8man wrote:

American trait that we deal with facts. It is a proven fact with all combustion engines that they produce less power at ...more

Too bad that a rider has to be defeated before he even hits the gate, a American excuse trait. The faster you are in the straights the sooner you have to brake for the corner. So if you had a 700 cc bike you would would kick ass on a real 125 jockey because you had power instead of talent and mindset, why go to the gate defeated by thinking about "horsepower" what about talent and confidence.95% rider 5% bike..

|

6/18/2010 9:32 AM

Outsider wrote:

All the bikes will be effected by the altitude, therefore the power differences between 450 and 350, if there is any, (we ...more

Team Euro wrote:

A very American orientated trait. Too many moto mags and not enough seat time. It`s a shame that The AMA and the JAP4 have ...more

Outsider wrote:

Who is this directed at? Me? What excuse did I make?

Yeah, I'm not sure what he meant by that. If anything, it sounds to me like you said there shouldnt be any excuses because everybody is losing hp's in the altitude......not just one bike over the other.

|

6/18/2010 9:36 AM

Torco1 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure what he meant by that. If anything, it sounds to me like you said there shouldnt be any excuses because ...more

Exactly.

And any handling advantages will remain. No excuses, imo, of course.

|

6/18/2010 9:38 AM

Outsider wrote:

Who is this directed at? Me? What excuse did I make?

Torco1 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure what he meant by that. If anything, it sounds to me like you said there shouldnt be any excuses because ...more

Outsider wrote:

Exactly.

And any handling advantages will remain. No excuses, imo, of course.

Miss read ,sorry Outsider...You are right.

|