Ktm sxf 2015.5 starting issues

seang93
9/28/2021 1:04pm
Hi guys just looking for a bit of advice, my bike won’t start at all now, it used to stick as in I’d press electric start button and nothing would happen. Then I’d roll it forward in gear and it would start no problem, there was a bit of a whining coming from it when driving as well but now when I press the button nothing happens atall. I have read up and see a lot of starting issues is caused from the bendix but could that cause nothing to happen at all when start button is pressed? Because if it was a relay from my thinking anyways would be that rolling it forward shouldn’t of made any difference. Anybody have the same issue or advice on what direction to start looking? also I had the starter out and connected it straight to battery and work just fine.
|
Jack_Mehoff
Fantasy
59th
9/28/2021 3:34pm
Wow that was the longest sentence I've ever tried to read, maybe use some punctuation next time. As far as the bike can you Roll start it? On one of my kTM's a part of the sub frame where the battery grounds to cracked at the welds on either side where it connects to the rest of the sub frame. Bike would Roll start but the starter was dead.
seang93
9/28/2021 11:48pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2021 11:49pm
You’d make a good English teacher jack 😂 but I agree totally with you lol. Ya the bike can be jump started alright, would you know much about the bendix and could this cause nothing atall to happen? not even a noise when you press electric start button. I’ll go through the wiring later to make sure all’s good, it’s really just how I had to roll it forward in gear and then press the electric start button that kind off has me thinking might be something stuck inside bendix free wheel clutch etc

Post a reply to: Ktm sxf 2015.5 starting issues

The Latest