Create New Tag

4/24/2018 1:18 PM

I don't know why I haven't done this sooner but I need vital help,

Ktm 450 sxf 2013
Factory connection aftermarket forks and rear
Mich Starcross tires medium
New grips
FMF Pipe

The whole time I had this bike Ive had no issues besides this one, I can't get the front end to stick to the ground!

I feel like im constantly fighting the bike to corner it without the fear of a slide, I don't know if this is technique
(probably not ive ridden for 15 years) but as soon as I hoped on a Honda 250 or Yamaha 250 (F) I made the bike look silly because it took away that problem.

Also, I don't know why, but braking bumps and straight away with high speeds of braking bumps make the ktm twitch like hell, its sketchy

Please help lol

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

4/24/2018 1:24 PM

Sounds like your front end is so low you tuck in corners and dont have high speed stability. Id try lowering your shock preload. If that doesnt help then try lowering the forks in the clamps.

|

4/24/2018 1:44 PM

NYmotocross wrote:

I don't know why I haven't done this sooner but I need vital help,

Ktm 450 sxf 2013
Factory connection aftermarket forks and ...more

You gave us absolutely nothing to work with here. What do you expect us to do with that info?

Springs in suspension? Sag? Oil level in forks? Clickers? Weight, height, skills?

|

4/24/2018 1:48 PM

aees wrote:

You gave us absolutely nothing to work with here. What do you expect us to do with that info?

Springs in suspension? Sag? Oil ...more

Add to that list how high the forks are in the clamps and is the front end on a bind from the forks being twisted?

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

4/24/2018 2:36 PM

Start by ditching the Michelin medium front for a decent tire. Michelin Soft, Dunlop 3s or Pirelli MX32. And make sure the tire pressure is as recommended.
Set sag and put the fork at standard height. That should fix most of your problems if mechanically everything is alright.

|