Ktm releases Herlings Edition 450

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2018 3:29 AM

Ktm announced today at Valkenswaard that they're releasing a sort of European Factory Edition.

Different wheels, triple clamps and a larger fuel tank is among the new features.

Photo

|

9/18/2018 3:32 AM

Who is the fuel tank made by? Doesn't look like a CRM tank.

|

9/18/2018 3:36 AM

DoubleA wrote:

Photo
|

9/18/2018 4:40 AM

Fuck that's nice but I cant bring myself to own another KTM

|

9/18/2018 4:45 AM

DoubleA wrote:

Does ETS make tanks too? I was under the impression that they were a fuel company.

|

9/18/2018 4:56 AM

Different brake rotors (Moto-Master) too, same as what the factory teams use (US and Europe).

|

9/18/2018 5:20 AM

DoubleA wrote:

thatswhathappens wrote:

Does ETS make tanks too? I was under the impression that they were a fuel company.

Its a fuel sticker.

|

9/18/2018 6:00 AM

ETS makes fuel.
The tank is a new PowerPart, available at dealers soon.

|

9/18/2018 6:03 AM

That is one beautiful bike! I will definitely be adding this to the stable if i can get it in the states.

|

I'm the dude, man.

9/18/2018 6:09 AM

How many mxgp championships has Cairoli given KTM?? And then Herling's goes and gets one and he gets his own pro model bike? Seems like a slap in the face to Cairoli....

|

9/18/2018 6:12 AM

scootch wrote:

How many mxgp championships has Cairoli given KTM?? And then Herling's goes and gets one and he gets his own pro model bike? ...more

Photo
|

9/18/2018 6:15 AM

Damn guess i should have googled it laughing

|

9/18/2018 6:27 AM

scootch wrote:

How many mxgp championships has Cairoli given KTM?? And then Herling's goes and gets one and he gets his own pro model bike? ...more

NVA57 wrote: Photo

whoops

|

9/18/2018 6:41 AM

Comes with an extra capacity tank for when you go Herlings style WFO all over the track.

|

9/18/2018 6:43 AM

Patiently waiting for the Husky Anderson SX Edition...

|

9/18/2018 6:53 AM

JD167 wrote:

That is one beautiful bike! I will definitely be adding this to the stable if i can get it in the states.

They're only making 300 of them.

|

9/18/2018 6:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2018 7:01 AM

They did 'SXS' versions / editions for many years. As someone posted up, AC ones, I think a few times.

As far back as the 125 2t era.

|

9/18/2018 7:40 AM

ga_pike wrote:

Patiently waiting for the Husky Anderson SX Edition...

Wouldn't that be the Rockstar edition? It came with the number 21 you could use if you wanted to.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

9/18/2018 7:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2018 7:51 AM

KTM is the worst brand ever. A brand that creates a monopoly that destroys the ability of young rider to win on another brand (Pichon says exactly the same thing in the last MX magazine). A brand that make collusion in SX US (Anderson Wheel), A brand who ask to Musquin to goes down, A brand with an athletic program that is probably the same as Marion Jones lol.

Otherwise where is his renthal bar ? laughing

|

9/18/2018 8:01 AM

WCRider wrote:

KTM is the worst brand ever. A brand that creates a monopoly that destroys the ability of young rider to win on another brand ...more

While all that may be true, you have to respect the money KTM is pouring into not only motocross, but pretty much all off road motorcycle racing. They are raising the bar for their competitors and is inevitably going to progress the sport, at least in my opinion.

|

9/18/2018 8:03 AM

Does it come stock with the throttle grip already stuck WFO?

|

9/18/2018 8:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2018 8:12 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

While all that may be true, you have to respect the money KTM is pouring into not only motocross, but pretty much all off road ...more

Money that comes mostly from Redbull. The drink that gives wings and heart attacks.

https://blog.ktm.com/the-bull-how-red-bull-help-ktm-go-racing/

|

9/18/2018 8:12 AM

JD167 wrote:

Excracingteam.com wrote:

Bummer, I wish they would do more factory edition stuff like that.

|

I'm the dude, man.

9/18/2018 8:19 AM

BobbyM wrote:

Does it come stock with the throttle grip already stuck WFO?

Not sure they could legally sell it any other way. That would be false advertising.

|

9/18/2018 8:30 AM

seth505 wrote:

Comes with an extra capacity tank for when you go Herlings style WFO all over the track.

Nice touch they put it on, but seriously, who needs a bigger tank on a 450 for moto?? That makes as much sense as putting JHs suspension setting on the bike.. unusable for mere mortals!

|

9/18/2018 8:40 AM

Excracingteam.com wrote:

Ktm announced today at Valkenswaard that they're releasing a sort of European Factory Edition.

Different wheels, triple ...more

Nice bike ! Would love to see kawi do the same things with ET (Only heard a BELL replica is coming for now).

|

9/18/2018 9:17 AM

Excracingteam.com wrote:

Different wheels, triple ...more

Baton Rouge wrote:

Nice bike ! Would love to see kawi do the same things with ET (Only heard a BELL replica is coming for now).

X2, helmet. Late oct.

|

9/18/2018 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2018 9:20 AM

WCRider wrote:

KTM is the worst brand ever. A brand that creates a monopoly that destroys the ability of young rider to win on another brand ...more

Pease tell us you're joking about the Musquin thing again (I'll assume you are). Anyone who thinks KTM invented team rules doesn't know much about professional racing.

That particular night, I was just waiting for Musquin to move over for Dungey. He damn would have if I were the team manager. Then I came back there to find what apparently was a wave of 14-year-olds who've never seen that happen before (as if it were gonna happen any other way).

When you post on different forums around the internet that have nothing to do with bikes or racing, you develop a sense of perspective. This place is rock bottom. People here don't know what the fuck "sandbagging" is.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

9/18/2018 9:30 AM

WCRider wrote:

KTM creates a monopoly? I don't even know why I'm responding. This has got to be the stupidest thing said on here.

|

9/18/2018 9:52 AM

JD167 wrote:

Excracingteam.com wrote:

So that means it's not legal for Pro AMA competition right? Meaning a privateer couldn't buy one and race in the states.

|