Ktm-parts screwed me over

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2018 12:21 AM

I ordered a flywheel from ktm-parts and payed about 400usd for it with shipping to Sweden.
It doesn't fit my bike and I can't return it since they doesn't take international returns.
The thing is that I asked them on email twice if they were 100% sure it would fit before making the purchase. Got the emails saved.
I have emailed them and asked them to help me out but they only say they don't accept internationals returns.
Maybe someone on vital got some connections on ktm-parts that could help me?
I would accept to return it for other products if they are willing to do so..

|

8/16/2018 12:34 AM

What's the point of buying parts for a Euro bike in the States when you live in Europe?
Didn't you screw yourself on this one?

|

8/16/2018 12:49 AM

GODZILLA wrote:

What's the point of buying parts for a Euro bike in the States when you live in Europe?
Didn't you screw yourself on this one?

There were no flywheels to buy in Sweden or Europe for my ktm 450 17. Only for the 14-15 bike. That's why I ordered from US and double checked the fitment with the seller.

|

8/16/2018 12:54 AM

I checked with my local reseller if they could get it for me but they couldn't so I searched online both in Sweden, UK and other countries but only found it in US so I double checked with them and went for it.

|

8/16/2018 1:55 AM

Can't you go to a KTM shop and see if they can trade it in for one that fits?

|

8/16/2018 2:22 AM

How did you pay? Credit card or Pay pal Bank Transfer if you used pay pal or cc and you have proof they said it would fit start a fraud claim 99% of the time they will refund you no matter what the seller says

|

8/16/2018 2:28 AM

Did you order a flywheel or flywheel weight?

|

8/16/2018 3:00 AM

What's the part number of your flywheel? Do you have a KTM SXF 450 or EXC?

Part number for a 2017 KTM SXF 450 is 79439005000. Available everywhere in 2 or 3 days.

https://www.ktm-versand.de/product_info.php/info/p644877_ROTOR.html

Price: 329,93 EUR / Shipping to Sweden: 11,25 EUR

or here:

https://ktmpowerstore.co.uk/ktm-rotor-79439005000.html

|

8/16/2018 3:26 AM

Markus123 wrote:

What's the part number of your flywheel? Do you have a KTM SXF 450 or EXC?

Part number for a 2017 KTM SXF 450 is 79439005000. Available everywhere in 2 or 3 days.

https://www.ktm-versand.de/product_info.php/info/p644877_ROTOR.html

Price: 329,93 EUR / Shipping to Sweden: 11,25 EUR

or here:

https://ktmpowerstore.co.uk/ktm-rotor-79439005000.html

Hi.
I wanted a heavier flywheel to make the bike (sxf) smoother, less prone to stall and be able to ride in the woods with. Don't know what weight those are that you linked?

|

8/16/2018 3:27 AM

Lynch wrote:

Did you order a flywheel or flywheel weight?

A flywheel. A heavier one

|

8/16/2018 3:29 AM

Deja New wrote:

How did you pay? Credit card or Pay pal Bank Transfer if you used pay pal or cc and you have proof they said it would fit start a fraud claim 99% of the time they will refund you no matter what the seller says

I paid the flywheel by PayPal and the custom fee with credit card. I will check it out, thanks for your advice man!

|

8/16/2018 3:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 3:32 AM

Lynch wrote:

Did you order a flywheel or flywheel weight?

mx4all wrote:

A flywheel. A heavier one

Gotcha, I ran a flywheel weight on my old bike and that did the trick for me as I raced both woods and mx. (Stångebro, Ränneslätt, GGN) Shouldn't adding a weight make the bike the same as if you would change the whole flywheel for a heavier one?

|

8/16/2018 3:32 AM

Get the payment back from your credit card company, tell the credit card company they didn’t send you want you ordered!

|

8/16/2018 3:36 AM

Tell them “you guys told me it would fit, heres the emails. It doesnt fit, i need one that will or a refund.” If they refuse, file a fraud claim with whoever your credit card is through. To me thats a pretty clear case.

|

8/16/2018 4:09 AM

Markus123 wrote:

What's the part number of your flywheel? Do you have a KTM SXF 450 or EXC?

Part number for a 2017 KTM SXF 450 is 79439005000. Available everywhere in 2 or 3 days.

https://www.ktm-versand.de/product_info.php/info/p644877_ROTOR.html

Price: 329,93 EUR / Shipping to Sweden: 11,25 EUR

or here:

https://ktmpowerstore.co.uk/ktm-rotor-79439005000.html

mx4all wrote:

Hi.
I wanted a heavier flywheel to make the bike (sxf) smoother, less prone to stall and be able to ride in the woods with. Don't know what weight those are that you linked?

Standard spare part for the '17 SXF 450 (EU model).

|

8/16/2018 5:36 AM

what about using a steahly kit?

|

8/16/2018 5:48 AM

If you get push back from PayPal, which you probably will because they don't seem to want to fight for you, just call your credit card and tell them you want to stop the payment or reverse it due to being sold the wrong part.
I've had to do this in the past.

|

8/16/2018 9:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 9:57 PM

Thats what happens with KTMs all the time. KTM makes 2 or 3 mid year type changes. WP is horrible for this

|

8/16/2018 10:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 10:30 PM

I've been buying parts and bikes from them for about 17 years... Have always had excellent service and support.. I'll send this to the appropriate person and see what if anything can be done for you. KTM-Parts.com is actually Appalachian Offroad Motorcycle Company out of West Virginia. Very cool shop ran by a good dude.. Same owner as P3 Composites.

Photo

Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

8/17/2018 2:39 AM

Call chuck steahly at steahly flywheels ‭(800) 800-2363‬, great guy great company been buying from him for 15 years

|

8/18/2018 11:50 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

I've been buying parts and bikes from them for about 17 years... Have always had excellent service and support.. I'll send this to the appropriate person and see what if anything can be done for you. KTM-Parts.com is actually Appalachian Offroad Motorcycle Company out of West Virginia. Very cool shop ran by a good dude.. Same owner as P3 Composites.

Photo

Photo

Thanks, I appreciate if you do so

|

8/19/2018 12:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2018 12:23 AM

a gold rule when buying parts is to take the old one with you to match perfectly BEFORE you buy...

this is the problem with online shopping you cant do that, add in:
idiots on the phone/email
companies with poor return policies
Very poor service, doubled.
Recourse thru
cc charge backs
legal threats,
someone who says he knows someone????

which is what has just happened and will happen more and more.

ill pay more at bricks and morta, little chance of errors, keeps people in jobs in my area, not one or two guys in a warehouse 1100ks away

|