Ktm 250 sxf 2013 problem

Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 7:38am
Hello!
my first post in this forum..
I have no clue whats wrong with my bike anymore.. delivered my 250sxf 2013 in to a local mechanic shop January 2017.. They have had my bike for 6months now and cant see to fix the dammmn problem..

To the problem..:
They have rebuilt the bottomend (3times) and bought a new cylinder, piston and gaskets..

The oilpressure is perfect but the oil is going the wrong way and filling my CYLINDER with oil... the cam tensioner is totally dry wich means the oil does not reach it..

ive sent my top to X-ray and came out perfectly fine.. (no cracks or anything)

the shop i delivered my bike to cant figure out why the cylinder is filling up with oil and running out of soulutions..

anyone else in the world who have ever had the same problem?

may they have forgot an o-ring or gasket while rebuilding the bottom end?

Please help?
Best regards
Angry norwegian rider
|

The Shop

resetjet
7/2/2017 1:34pm
So no oil is making it to the valve cover? It would sound awful if this were the case. Obviously dont run it like that for more then two seconds.

When you say filling up with oil, what do you mean? Just fouling the plug? Obviously you cannot fill the top end with oil.
7/2/2017 1:37pm
resetjet wrote:
So no oil is making it to the valve cover? It would sound awful if this were the case. Obviously dont run it like that for...
So no oil is making it to the valve cover? It would sound awful if this were the case. Obviously dont run it like that for more then two seconds.

When you say filling up with oil, what do you mean? Just fouling the plug? Obviously you cannot fill the top end with oil.
the cylinder is filling with oil yes, like totally filled up..
resetjet
7/3/2017 6:09am
Ok. The piston will hydraulic lock with just a tablespoon or two of oil. So obviously when you shut the bike down the oil pressure is bleeding off into the cylinder. What is weird is that you say nothing is making it to the top. So therefore it would have to go past the rings from the bottom. Sorry but i dont see that happening. Problem has to be in the top i would
Say.
resetjet
7/3/2017 6:12am
Ok. The piston will hydraulic lock with just a tablespoon or two of oil. So obviously when you shut the bike down the oil pressure is bleeding off into the cylinder. What is weird is that you say nothing is making it to the top. So therefore it would have to go past the rings from the bottom. Sorry but i dont see that happening. Problem has to be in the top i would
Say.
resetjet
7/3/2017 6:14am
Also the bike runs correct? Then you shut it down and this happens? Of course the plug would immediately foul if that much oil was getting in while running.
lumpy790
7/3/2017 7:22am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 7:22am
Why would they rebuild the crank 3 times?

What is the back story?
7/3/2017 7:38am
my oilpump shaft broke last year so i fixed that my self and ran the bike for bout 40-50 hours then it started to run out of battery all of a sudden.. so i delivered the bike in while i was on a vacation so i would be able to race when i got back from
the vacation.. asked them to go through the electric to see if there was something burnt or broke.. ended up with me coming home from vacay and saw my bike in pieces..
resetjet
7/4/2017 6:49am
Just take it to a real mechanic. You are done there.

Post a reply to: Ktm 250 sxf 2013 problem

The Latest