Ktm 150sx vs husqvarna tc125

Hey so um looking to get a husqvarna 125 or the ktm 150 but the husqvarna 125 pushes the same amount of power as a 150!? The torque is comparable as well so im having a hard time choosing between the 2 bikes
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/4/2019 7:04am
Are they the same price? Any chance to ride them and feel the difference?
macz400
5/4/2019 7:22am
Hey so um looking to get a husqvarna 125 or the ktm 150 but the husqvarna 125 pushes the same amount of power as a 150...
Hey so um looking to get a husqvarna 125 or the ktm 150 but the husqvarna 125 pushes the same amount of power as a 150!? The torque is comparable as well so im having a hard time choosing between the 2 bikes
I’m assuming the 125 is modded to push the same power as a 150? I’m a bit biased but if your not racing in a 125 class, I’d go 150 all day.
5/4/2019 9:13am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2019 10:17am
Hey so um looking to get a husqvarna 125 or the ktm 150 but the husqvarna 125 pushes the same amount of power as a 150...
macz400 wrote:
I’m assuming the 125 is modded to push the same power as a 150? I’m a bit biased but if your not racing in a 125...
I’m assuming the 125 is modded to push the same power as a 150? I’m a bit biased but if your not racing in a 125 class, I’d go 150 all day.
Um no the tc125 isnt moded it makes the most power out of the 125 class and it's about $100 cheaper then the ktm 150
slipdog
5/4/2019 9:27am
Um no the tc125 isnt moded it makes the most power out of the 125 class and it's about $100 cheaper then the ktm 150
I believe in unicorns and Bigfoot.

The Shop

MPJC
Fantasy
704th
5/4/2019 9:28am
The Husky 125 makes the same amount of power as the KTM 125 because it’s the exact same engine. The 150 makes a bit more power, but some people prefer the 125 powerband. The 150 is a 125 with a big bore kit.
jeffro503
5/4/2019 9:34am
I went with the Husky 125 myself. Mainly because some tracks are cracking down on displacement sizes in racing , and only allowing 125's. Which honestly , I don't agree with. They could keep calling it the 125 class and allow 150's as well.

I rode with my buddy last weekend that has an SX 150 ( which he loves ). I picked up an SXS ignition off of here for him from Erik ( Thanks Erik ! ). That ignition totally changed that 150 into a screaming beast! It literally wasn't the same bike after installing that ignition. He mentioned that the ignition was one of the best mods he has ever done to a bike , and he's been in this sport a very long time. Following him and that thing sounded like a scalded dog!
katoom350
5/4/2019 11:21am
I have a 150. I ride the vet class though so displacement isn’t an issue. It’s a little easier to ride than the 125. Has just a touch more. If you’re gonna be racing, I’d get the 125. The problem I had with the 150 is that you ride it just like a 125 (rev the piss out of it and stay on the pipe), but the 150 can get away from you a little. It’s faster, so when you’re revving it way out and riding hard it takes some getting used to so you’re not overjumping everything. First time I got on the pipe I thought damn, this little thing flies. With all that said, it’s a TON of fun. Got it for a play bike when I want a break from the 450.
AZRider
5/4/2019 11:33am
jeffro503 wrote:
I went with the Husky 125 myself. Mainly because some tracks are cracking down on displacement sizes in racing , and only allowing 125's. Which honestly...
I went with the Husky 125 myself. Mainly because some tracks are cracking down on displacement sizes in racing , and only allowing 125's. Which honestly , I don't agree with. They could keep calling it the 125 class and allow 150's as well.

I rode with my buddy last weekend that has an SX 150 ( which he loves ). I picked up an SXS ignition off of here for him from Erik ( Thanks Erik ! ). That ignition totally changed that 150 into a screaming beast! It literally wasn't the same bike after installing that ignition. He mentioned that the ignition was one of the best mods he has ever done to a bike , and he's been in this sport a very long time. Following him and that thing sounded like a scalded dog!
Care to enlighten me on the SXS CDI for the 150? What does it change/do? If i could get a little more overrev i would be thrilled. My 18 already has the Keihin carb and I have a couple different pipes for it.

jeffro503
5/4/2019 11:41am
jeffro503 wrote:
I went with the Husky 125 myself. Mainly because some tracks are cracking down on displacement sizes in racing , and only allowing 125's. Which honestly...

AZRider wrote:
Care to enlighten me on the SXS CDI for the 150? What does it change/do? If i could get a little more overrev i would be...
Care to enlighten me on the SXS CDI for the 150? What does it change/do? If i could get a little more overrev i would be thrilled. My 18 already has the Keihin carb and I have a couple different pipes for it.

Hey AZ....from what I saw / heard and from what my buddy was telling me , was that it turned that 150 into a higher revving pissed off 125 , with all the torque of his 150. It helped every where , especially in the over rev. Even when he fired it up on the stand , it didn't sound the same. It had an incredible bark to it , hit harder basically every where and pulled better on top. He was in a slight shock on what the ignition did to his bike.
5/4/2019 12:18pm
jeffro503 wrote:

AZRider wrote:
Care to enlighten me on the SXS CDI for the 150? What does it change/do? If i could get a little more overrev i would be...

jeffro503 wrote:
Hey AZ....from what I saw / heard and from what my buddy was telling me , was that it turned that 150 into a higher revving...
Hey AZ....from what I saw / heard and from what my buddy was telling me , was that it turned that 150 into a higher revving pissed off 125 , with all the torque of his 150. It helped every where , especially in the over rev. Even when he fired it up on the stand , it didn't sound the same. It had an incredible bark to it , hit harder basically every where and pulled better on top. He was in a slight shock on what the ignition did to his bike.
Where did he get this Ignition is it from KTM Power Parts ??
jeffro503
5/4/2019 1:07pm
AZRider wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Hey AZ....from what I saw / heard and from what my buddy was telling me , was that it turned that 150 into a higher revving...
Where did he get this Ignition is it from KTM Power Parts ??
We picked it up from a fellow member here Erik Cobra. I believe it's in the power parts. I actually looked for one for my 125 , but they didn't make one. I'm not sure if they even make them for the new 150's. My buddies bike is a 14' SX 150.

Post a reply to: Ktm 150sx vs husqvarna tc125

The Latest