Keefer Testing Inc.

jaun
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2022 9:36am
On one of Keefer's testing videos about bars I noticed that he is running his forks at different heights one is at one line and the other 2 lines.

What's the theory behind this?

|
tobz
5/10/2022 3:45am
Send *Keefer* an email, he’s easily approachable.
DA498
5/10/2022 3:50am
Being a clown on the title kinda hurts for legit conversation of a good question, but thats just me.
motoxrocks
5/10/2022 4:23am
Maybe an error setting tube height or the fork slipped in the clamp? I have had it happen many times on the KTM non split clamps but never the split clamp. Def wasnt done on purpose unless the forks arent the same length?
Richy
5/10/2022 4:24am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 4:25am
On the KTM I have now, and my last Husky, one leg naturally wants to sit a little higher than the other (always the same side but I can't remember which) but only a little, not a full line / however many mm that is, just noticeable with ocd... Interesting question though, just mega weird spelling/name.

Gotta love Vital for Kris Kreeper / Brake Bracket shenanigans!

The Shop

Bruce372
5/10/2022 4:52am
Richy wrote:
On the KTM I have now, and my last Husky, one leg naturally wants to sit a little higher than the other (always the same side...
On the KTM I have now, and my last Husky, one leg naturally wants to sit a little higher than the other (always the same side but I can't remember which) but only a little, not a full line / however many mm that is, just noticeable with ocd... Interesting question though, just mega weird spelling/name.

If its stock ktm, they are all like that given its a separate function setup
AH387
5/10/2022 5:08am
Richy wrote:
On the KTM I have now, and my last Husky, one leg naturally wants to sit a little higher than the other (always the same side...

Bruce372 wrote:
If that is true, I feel like that is setting up for the consumer to easily get that stuff out of wack. When did they start doing that? Just with this current FE? My Husky wasn't like that. Seems like a bad idea as it's very confusing. I'd be interested to hear what Keefer says about it.
Richy
5/10/2022 6:53am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 6:56am
Richy wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:
AH387 wrote:
If that is true, I feel like that is setting up for the consumer to easily get that stuff out of wack. When did they start...
If that is true, I feel like that is setting up for the consumer to easily get that stuff out of wack. When did they start doing that? Just with this current FE? My Husky wasn't like that. Seems like a bad idea as it's very confusing. I'd be interested to hear what Keefer says about it.
For sure. Fairly sure I saw it mentioned here and elsewhere after googling around to make sure it wasn't broken haha
Bruce372
5/10/2022 7:16am
Richy wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:
AH387 wrote:
If that is true, I feel like that is setting up for the consumer to easily get that stuff out of wack. When did they start...
The forks in that picture are cone valves, WP aftermarket.

Stock ktm forks are air one side and damping the other. They are both the same length, but the damping side will be fully extended, the air side has an internal balance and won't be at full extention unless you pull on it.
AH387
5/10/2022 7:27am
Bruce372 wrote:
AH387 wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
The forks in that picture are cone valves, WP aftermarket. Stock ktm forks are air one side and damping the other. They are both the same...

Stock ktm forks are air one side and damping the other. They are both the same length, but the damping side will be fully extended, the air side has an internal balance and won't be at full extention unless you pull on it.
Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification.
mx317
5/10/2022 8:16am
Bruce372 wrote:
The forks in that picture are cone valves, WP aftermarket. Stock ktm forks are air one side and damping the other. They are both the same...

Those have probably slipped in the clamps. Those are the new WP inserts that Keefer was testing. They use a spring in both side and a conventional mid-valve set up like a KYB fork. He talked about them on his website.
Bruce372
5/10/2022 8:33am
Bruce372 wrote:

mx317 wrote:
Those have probably slipped in the clamps. Those are the new WP inserts that Keefer was testing. They use a spring in both side and a...
Those have probably slipped in the clamps. Those are the new WP inserts that Keefer was testing. They use a spring in both side and a conventional mid-valve set up like a KYB fork. He talked about them on his website.
Thanks for the clarification. I should have said they weren't stock forks.
Kris Keefer
5/10/2022 10:21am
Hi guys! Nothing to see here. LOL. I was making a fork height change when this was snapped. Wrong photo to use I guess eh? Also, these are 6500 inserts..
mx317
5/10/2022 11:28am
OCgoon1533 wrote:
12.5 on top 15 on bottom
Mine is 12.5 ft lbs on top and 9 ft lbs on bottom.
cwel11
5/10/2022 3:02pm
Hi guys! Nothing to see here. LOL. I was making a fork height change when this was snapped. Wrong photo to use I guess eh? Also...
Hi guys! Nothing to see here. LOL. I was making a fork height change when this was snapped. Wrong photo to use I guess eh? Also, these are 6500 inserts..
Timely post as I just noticed my son’s 85 was at two different lines. Oops. Apparently my eyes played tricks the last time I put them on ha.
aeffertz
5/10/2022 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 3:35pm
Maybe if Anderson was running a fork setup like that, he would’ve been the SX champ like he should be.
Brent
5/10/2022 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 4:55pm
Hi guys! Nothing to see here. LOL. I was making a fork height change when this was snapped. Wrong photo to use I guess eh? Also...
Any thoughts on the inserts?

Ours come back from AEO this week ( hopefully)
Kris Keefer
5/10/2022 5:16pm
Brent wrote:
Any thoughts on the inserts?

Ours come back from AEO this week ( hopefully)
The WP 6500 kit was surprising. I did a podcast on three different conversions and the 6500 was in that episode. I tried the customer setting with .50 N/mm springs and it had a lot of upside compared to the AER fork. I had better front tire feel and better damping quality over bumps, but maybe was a little oversprung for my 170 pound old ass frame (which gave me harsh feel on slap down/first bump touch). I went down to a .49 N/mm spring rate and I got a little more comfort on slap down and bump impact. So far I am happy with the 6500 kit.
Brent
5/10/2022 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 6:03pm
The WP 6500 kit was surprising. I did a podcast on three different conversions and the 6500 was in that episode. I tried the customer setting...
The WP 6500 kit was surprising. I did a podcast on three different conversions and the 6500 was in that episode. I tried the customer setting with .50 N/mm springs and it had a lot of upside compared to the AER fork. I had better front tire feel and better damping quality over bumps, but maybe was a little oversprung for my 170 pound old ass frame (which gave me harsh feel on slap down/first bump touch). I went down to a .49 N/mm spring rate and I got a little more comfort on slap down and bump impact. So far I am happy with the 6500 kit.
Thanks for the info- We were planning on doing a back to back shootout between the insert AER fork and our sort of fresh WP pro fork next Thursday at GH ( if mark gets them done on time), cuz my rider wants to try them as an option to use for the Pala national.
jaun
5/11/2022 3:45am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2022 3:45am
aeffertz wrote:
Maybe if Anderson was running a fork setup like that, he would’ve been the SX champ like he should be.
Well, if Ando would of scored 9 more points we’d have been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. You better believe things had been different. I’d have gone pro in a heartbeat. I’d be making millions of dollars and living in a big ol’ mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with my soul mate.
Bman_145
5/11/2022 9:03am
jaun wrote:
Well, if Ando would of scored 9 more points we’d have been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. You better believe things had...
Well, if Ando would of scored 9 more points we’d have been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. You better believe things had been different. I’d have gone pro in a heartbeat. I’d be making millions of dollars and living in a big ol’ mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with my soul mate.

gt80rider
5/15/2022 12:52pm
cwel11 wrote:
Timely post as I just noticed my son’s 85 was at two different lines. Oops. Apparently my eyes played tricks the last time I put them...
Timely post as I just noticed my son’s 85 was at two different lines. Oops. Apparently my eyes played tricks the last time I put them on ha.
Do you think you forgot? Or do they just slip by themselves? Seems like a really weird issue if one fork slips in the clamp.... but then, we are talking ktm here, star of the "bike broke in half" thread....
Sandusky26
5/15/2022 5:23pm
cwel11 wrote:
Timely post as I just noticed my son’s 85 was at two different lines. Oops. Apparently my eyes played tricks the last time I put them...
gt80rider wrote:
Do you think you forgot? Or do they just slip by themselves? Seems like a really weird issue if one fork slips in the clamp.... but...
Do you think you forgot? Or do they just slip by themselves? Seems like a really weird issue if one fork slips in the clamp.... but then, we are talking ktm here, star of the "bike broke in half" thread....
I’m pumped on how my first thread on vital turned out.
Rickyisms
5/15/2022 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2022 6:03pm
cwel11 wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
Do you think you forgot? Or do they just slip by themselves? Seems like a really weird issue if one fork slips in the clamp.... but...
Sandusky26 wrote:
It’s like a party that people can’t stop talking about.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/15/2022 5:52pm
cwel11 wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
Ktm still not answering your phone calls eh?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/15/2022 6:08pm
cwel11 wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
soggy wrote:
Ktm still not answering your phone calls eh?
GrinningGrinningGrinning
5/15/2022 6:51pm
cwel11 wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
Sandusky26 wrote:
You just need an impassioned defense of Suzuki and some 2 stroke comments to win on your vital bingo card.

Post a reply to: Keefer Testing Inc.

The Latest