Knee braces

racer369
Edited Date/Time 2/28/2013 8:47pm
What does everbody like the best. Astericks or the new EVS?
|
IceMan446
2/28/2013 9:13am
I am currently debating on what to get as well.

I like the Pods and the Asterisks. Havent seen the new EVS braces yet.

I really am leaning towards the Asterisks and just watched the video on the homepage about the new lower priced ones they just came out with. So if I have to pay out of pocket there are a few options available.

I have seen my doctor about getting them paid for by my insurance but that is taking a lot longer then I expected.
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2781st
2/28/2013 9:29am
I have the new Asterisks, they awesome.. Little Bulky.. But I have big knees. Heard good things about the pods too.. I choose asterisks bc they have GREAT customer service.
Just my 2 cents
siezethecarp
2/28/2013 9:33am
Mx4life320 wrote:
I have the new Asterisks, they awesome.. Little Bulky.. But I have big knees. Heard good things about the pods too.. I choose asterisks bc they...
I have the new Asterisks, they awesome.. Little Bulky.. But I have big knees. Heard good things about the pods too.. I choose asterisks bc they have GREAT customer service.
Just my 2 cents
x2, they stay up so much better then the original ones you forget your wearing them

The Shop

mtl
2/28/2013 9:39am
Asterisk are the best. They continue to evolve the brace technologically and quality is top notch.

Customer support is also awesome.
thebleakness
2/28/2013 10:44am
I've got the new Asterisk ones now, once you adjust them so they fit they feel really really good.

I had the new EVS axis pros before and I couldn't get them to fit. My legs are in between sizes and the thigh portion was way to big for me. Since they are stiff carbon fiber they wouldn't bend to conform to my legs. Sold 'em and bought asterisks.
activeMX
2/28/2013 11:46am
I like PODs the best since switching from Asterisk about a year ago.
racer369
2/28/2013 12:19pm
My sons Astesr are phyisicall larger in size. Says pants are tight around his knees.
pacetruckdrvr
2/28/2013 1:59pm
I tried both on at the store and I think the pods felt smaller but bought the asterisks because they had them on for $300 off and the asterisks seemed to have a wide range of adjustability.
Tracktor
2/28/2013 2:44pm
I have a CTI custom for my left leg but recently bought POD's as I got a great deal on a pair. There are way more comfortable than I had even hoped though would be. They stay solid and don't slip. I will say try before you buy as I went with XL ones and am not that big of a guy. Only possible complaint is straps seem a bit cheesy but have held up well through 10 rides or so...............
Zaugg
2/28/2013 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2013 4:26pm
Just like every knee is different, every brace is different. If you can, I'd try them on and buy the braces that fit the best.
YZach
2/28/2013 4:34pm
I've tried CTI Pro Sport and Asterisk, and my new TLD Catalyst braces are by far the most comfortable.
jjdhog1975
2/28/2013 5:27pm
Its no secret EVS are junk its just scientific fact
velocitygear
2/28/2013 7:35pm
jjdhog1975 wrote:
Its no secret EVS are junk its just scientific fact
^^BINGO^^ We have a winner!!!

I have cadeavor ACL and PCL as proof Wink

RUN from EVS braces!!!

Although to be fair; I haven't seen their newest brace... but considering my experience thus far, never again..
SwapperMX
2/28/2013 8:46pm
Another vote here for the POD's. My asterisks kept falling apart, and after having them rebuilt 3 times in 18 months, I bought a set of POD's. They have been great, work well, and very comfortable to wear.
2/28/2013 8:47pm
YZach wrote:
I've tried CTI Pro Sport and Asterisk, and my new TLD Catalyst braces are by far the most comfortable.
Same here, I got the TLD Catalyst braces when they first came out and I love them, really comfortable and not bulky at all, not to mention cheaper than other top line braces.
Panic_Rev
1/21/2020 10:05am
Sorry for the old thread, but this was only topic that I could find that might be relevant to my question.

I'm curious to know if anyone else is having similar issues with their knee braces. I currently have asterisk ultra cell with the boa system and every time I ride the web straps rub the inside of my knees raw even with knee socks. My knee measures at 14 3/4" which puts me in the correct size of medium. Is it possible I have them adjusted incorrectly? Was this a common issue and that's why they've changed the design? Knee braces are expensive and mine are structurally sound. Does anyone know if Asterisk can convert my braces to the new system?

Appreciate your help.
fourfourone
1/21/2020 10:45am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 10:46am
Panic_Rev wrote:
Sorry for the old thread, but this was only topic that I could find that might be relevant to my question. I'm curious to know if...
Sorry for the old thread, but this was only topic that I could find that might be relevant to my question.

I'm curious to know if anyone else is having similar issues with their knee braces. I currently have asterisk ultra cell with the boa system and every time I ride the web straps rub the inside of my knees raw even with knee socks. My knee measures at 14 3/4" which puts me in the correct size of medium. Is it possible I have them adjusted incorrectly? Was this a common issue and that's why they've changed the design? Knee braces are expensive and mine are structurally sound. Does anyone know if Asterisk can convert my braces to the new system?

Appreciate your help.
all your questions can be answered buy calling them direct.

I run mobius braces. I have sent them in 2 times for adjustments and updates. Never been charged.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
1/22/2020 8:03am
Asterisk Carbon braces are the slimmest, most comfortable braces on the market. I’ve owned them all, no comparison on comfort and slim fit !!
Sirlosealot
1/22/2020 10:08am
I can't speak for Asterisk Braces but I would reach out to them. That being said I mirror what was said above about Mobius. They have the best customer service in the business when it comes to braces.
Argaudas
Fantasy
4147th
1/22/2020 3:29pm
Been riding with Asterisk's for the past 4 years, tried some evs and pod, did not like them. The thing I like about Asterisk's is the screws that can change the size/angke of every single part. No plans on changing, unless new Asterisk's.
JohnMatrix
1/22/2020 3:35pm
Loving the Pod K8 braces, no discomfort with them. It's possible braces are like helmets...some fit people well and some don't depending on several factors. However I'd say 4-5 of my buddies have the Pod K8 and none of us have issues. If you get the right size I'd like to think you should be able to get them adjusted up properly for comfort.

If you have a flex or HSA account, you can use that to buy the Pod braces through a medical supplier. We were all able to purchase that way and have different insurance providers/policies.
1/22/2020 3:59pm
Panic_Rev wrote:
Sorry for the old thread, but this was only topic that I could find that might be relevant to my question. I'm curious to know if...

Appreciate your help.
I was experiencing the same thing with the BOA system. I could never get them to fit properly. i did send them in to get the Ultra Cell 2.0 liners on them and it definitely did help as well. However I just purchased a set of the new Carbon Cells from Asterisk through my HSA account and ABSOLUTELY love them. I can't believe how thin they are still cover the full knee and leg. This brace is a huge improvement and way less bulky. It weighs less than a pound each. I even have to tighten my boot up now too. I wear them when I mountain bike ride, moto, and ski. These braces go everywhere with me. Asterisk has always stood behind their product and was willing to help me out with my issues that I was having.

Post a reply to: Knee braces

The Latest