Knee brace

Related:
Create New Tag

9/5/2018 5:29 AM

I ride GNCC and after about 1 hour riding my knee starts hurting, will a knee brace prevent that ?

|

9/5/2018 5:44 AM

A knee brace is really there to prevent hyper extension and pad in case of a call. If you don't have them you should, even if you get inexpensive braces IMO. I use EVS and love them.

|

9/5/2018 6:16 AM

knee braces are also great to keep the knee from bashing the shrouds and gripping the shroud/tank with the knee. I cant ride without braces ever. Best investment I ever purchased for riding. My first set was asterisk (original version) and now I have Breg.

|

9/5/2018 6:40 AM

I have a right DonJoy and a left CTI for sale. I can't stand riding with them on. Makes my bike feel twice as wide.

|

9/5/2018 8:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2018 8:41 AM

If your knees ache you have some wear and tear somewhere and should see a doc. Maybe a course of physical therapy or cortisone or synvisc is in your future.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

9/5/2018 10:47 AM

I have the EVS Webb and hate them. They're too bulky. I used to have Asterisk and liked them. I wish I never would have switched but unfortunately I did and now I'm too cheap to spend $500 on another pair of braces I'm thinking about trying those evs TP199 knee guards. I would be interested in hearing any reviews or better options if anyone has them.

|

9/5/2018 11:01 AM

captmoto wrote:

If your knees ache you have some wear and tear somewhere and should see a doc. Maybe a course of physical therapy or cortisone or synvisc is in your future.

^ This.

I've had a few overuse issues with both knees, and time with the PT has helped. My PT also gave me a routine of exercises to strengthen areas around the knee which helps a surprising amount and doesn't take all that long.

I have old Asterisk Cell's, and I really don't like the bulk of wearing them but do have less knee soreness when I use them. Looking to upgrade to something that is less bulky, Pod K-4s being most likely at the moment.

|

9/5/2018 11:25 AM

Leatt C Frame Carbon Pro's here. Cant ride without them anymore. Ive had an ACL/MCL/Meniscus repair around 11 years ago and recently started having pretty bad joint pain and lack of mobility in the joints after races. Since getting into a set of braces that has all but stopped.

|

9/5/2018 12:09 PM

160 lb, medium build, CTI2s for sale, $300 shipped, 40hrs on brace pair.

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

9/5/2018 12:57 PM

StretchASU wrote:

Leatt C Frame Carbon Pro's here. Cant ride without them anymore. Ive had an ACL/MCL/Meniscus repair around 11 years ago and recently started having pretty bad joint pain and lack of mobility in the joints after races. Since getting into a set of braces that has all but stopped.

Sounds like I should give it a try, wish they Hade some place you you test ride with different pairs

|

9/5/2018 12:58 PM

YZed250 wrote:

160 lb, medium build, CTI2s for sale, $300 shipped, 40hrs on brace pair.

Live in Sweden so a bit far away I think

|