Knee Replacement Upgrade

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2020 5:41 PM

Look I know there are quite a few older guys with knee replacements who still ride and I am one of them but the last year and a half I have been dealing with continued knee pain and was not sure why. Well with finally seeing the right Orthopedic I was diagnosed with nerve pain in the area surrounding the replaced parts.
I was told to visit a Pain Management Doctor and that visit has opened the door to feeling like I did before the pain started. I can sit for long periods and no pain getting up. I can wear my knee braces and no pain. I had 3 nerve block injections and it is a test to see which nerves needed to be deadened as to make the pain go away.
Even the Patella Tendon pain has gone away.
If any of you are frustrated need to see the pain management doc to see if this is your problem. I am amazed buy how much 3 shots into the nerves can make such a overwhelming change in how I feel.

|

2/14/2020 6:28 PM

Good luck! I hope it works long term.

|

2/14/2020 6:54 PM

Curious as to how long have you had your tkr? I’m 49 and dr says I’m bone on bone and lots of arthritis. Going on 3 years of pain and walk w a limp. Every day hurts. Did gel injections PRP blah blah it’s time for tkr.

|

2/14/2020 7:19 PM

Mines been great so far. No complaints from the misses either 😉

|

2/14/2020 10:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2020 10:22 PM

Moto88 wrote:

Curious as to how long have you had your tkr? I’m 49 and dr says I’m bone on bone and lots of arthritis. Going on 3 years of pain and walk w a limp. Every day hurts. Did gel injections PRP blah blah it’s time for tkr.

Yeah, you'll wonder why you waited to do it. Do everything you are supposed to do in PT. Don't wuss out.
I took a pretty good shot to my knee yesterday at Glen Helen. Like landing right on my knee. It was a little scary when I hit and for a few minutes after but today all I feel is a light bruising feeling.
I had my TKR in May of 18, was riding in early September 18.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

2/15/2020 3:28 AM

Have been dealing with knee pain (both sides but left is worse) and here in UK unless I went private (cant afford that) I will not be considered for ‘new knee’ for a few years yet - 54 just now.

Got appt for a ‘wash out’ and a look inside knee in a few weeks.

Have had constant limp for over 1 year, going down stairs is total agony, sleep with pillow between knees. Sometimes really jealous of US healthcare even though you have to pay for it.

Getting older is not fun!!!!

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

2/15/2020 5:30 AM

captmoto wrote:

Yeah, you'll wonder why you waited to do it. Do everything you are supposed to do in PT. Don't wuss out.
I took a pretty good shot to my knee yesterday at Glen Helen. Like landing right on my knee. It was a little scary when I hit and for a few minutes after but today all I feel is a light bruising feeling.
I had my TKR in May of 18, was riding in early September 18.

How is life after TKR? Is there any restrictions or precautions to be aware of? They say I’m to young for one (39) but I can’t manage this shit much longer!

|

2/15/2020 5:36 AM

My knee was ready for one in my forty’s. They made me wait until I was 51. I’ve been climbing ladders and riding dirt bikes ever since. I’m 63 now and it’s a little stiff but strong, still climbing ladders and riding.

|

Jef52

2/15/2020 9:40 AM

I had my left one done 7 years ago and the right one 3 years ago. I should have done them sooner. I was 52 when the left one was replaced. I do not ride with them but I do a lot of running. I have run 7 marathons since the left knee surgery. I can run as much as I want without knee pain. Before surgery, it was very painful to run. I also ride mountain bikes.
|