Knee Guards

TJMX947
Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 7:28am
I have some 15 year old Thor Knee/Shin guards. Was considering getting something with a "Lite" designation. Been eyeballing the EVS TP199 Lite or the Fly Barricade Lite. Anybody have any experience with these?

I have HUGE calves and can basically fill a tech 10 without a knee/shin guard so I was looking to give up a little shin protection for comfort. Thanks in advance!
|
JD167
10/11/2018 6:12am
The tp199's are a great knee guard but right now I have the leatt 3df hybrid ext knee/shin guards and they are the best knee/shin guards I've ever worn. The tp199 is a little slimmer but I have pretty big claves too and I run them with no problem in fox instincts.
Rabbit
10/11/2018 6:49am
I like the Alpinestars knee guards. Better than knee cups but not as bulky as knee braces. I tried them out last year and been wearing them since.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
10/11/2018 7:24am
I went through this a couple months ago. I had the same pair of Thor Force knee guards since 2005 and loved them. They finally broke beyond repair so I researched a bunch and decided to get the Leatt Dual Axis. So far, not pumped at all. I wanted something similar to my old Thor Force and these were definitely not it. It could just be the fit - I'm 6' 170lb so I got a large. They slide all over the place and hurt the inside of my knees. Unfortunately I took them out of the package and rode in them so I'm not able to exchange them for a smaller size.

The Shop

tempura
10/11/2018 7:28am
shiftmx_22 wrote:
I went through this a couple months ago. I had the same pair of Thor Force knee guards since 2005 and loved them. They finally broke...
I went through this a couple months ago. I had the same pair of Thor Force knee guards since 2005 and loved them. They finally broke beyond repair so I researched a bunch and decided to get the Leatt Dual Axis. So far, not pumped at all. I wanted something similar to my old Thor Force and these were definitely not it. It could just be the fit - I'm 6' 170lb so I got a large. They slide all over the place and hurt the inside of my knees. Unfortunately I took them out of the package and rode in them so I'm not able to exchange them for a smaller size.
I had the same problem with those, I bought them online and they were huge. Even the straps were way too long.

Post a reply to: Knee Guards

The Latest