Knee Braces - Which ones for 2018?

Roostermx58
2/2/2018 6:44am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2018 2:32pm
So I have read through all the posts around which are the best knee braces out there and of course there are a lot of opinions and conflicting answers.

My question is, which are the best ones that can be prescribed by a doctor or are covered by insurance? I know Donjoy/CTi and a few others honor prescriptions. Are there any other brands that make the top list of knee braces that insurance will cover?
|
2/2/2018 7:12am
If you can get a prescription, I would run CTi. They do a great job at custom fitting you.
Forty
2/2/2018 9:12am
No prescription here however I bought the Asterisk Ultra Cell and it is a very well built brace and does what it's supposed to do however the Boa Technology Knob on the lower adjustment stick out and the boot top strap and has been adjusted out so much so that the strap pops out occasionally, and they feel and are bulky to wear. My first 2 pair of braces from Asterisk were great, and I forgot they were on after the first ride.
Tuna
2/2/2018 9:15am
I run the newest CTi customs but I was very happy with my previous set of Asterisks.
Roostermx58
2/2/2018 11:01am
Thanks for the responses. I have reached out to CTi to ask them questions about the process.

The Shop

tylermx967
2/2/2018 12:26pm
I GET THE BIG GUY VOLEYBALL ELBOW PADS TO PUT ON THE KNEES AND IT DOESNT EVEN HURT TO DROP DOWN AND THEY LOOK LIKE THE GUYS FORM WWE
LumpDog841
2/2/2018 12:40pm
tylermx967 wrote:
I GET THE BIG GUY VOLEYBALL ELBOW PADS TO PUT ON THE KNEES AND IT DOESNT EVEN HURT TO DROP DOWN AND THEY LOOK LIKE THE...
I GET THE BIG GUY VOLEYBALL ELBOW PADS TO PUT ON THE KNEES AND IT DOESNT EVEN HURT TO DROP DOWN AND THEY LOOK LIKE THE GUYS FORM WWE
This made my day.
cjmx
Fantasy
1180th
2/2/2018 12:53pm
tylermx967 wrote:
I GET THE BIG GUY VOLEYBALL ELBOW PADS TO PUT ON THE KNEES AND IT DOESNT EVEN HURT TO DROP DOWN AND THEY LOOK LIKE THE...
LumpDog841 wrote:
This made my day.
Laughing
ktmdan
2/2/2018 1:27pm
Vital really needs a 'like' button.
bvm111
2/2/2018 2:18pm
tylermx967 wrote:
oh boy Whistling
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
2/2/2018 2:40pm
Mobius. Fit great and excellent custome service.
ricko
2/2/2018 3:16pm
i ran asterisk for 10 years, liked them, always felt bulky or would slide down my legs/need adjusted a lot. i tried on mobius, too bulky for me, seemed more bulky than asterisk. returned them got pods to try on, extremely pleased with quality but i got approved for a script for ins for cti so i went that route. if i didn’t get the script i would have kept the pods. worn my cti few times at end of last year, can’t even feel them when i wear them and no falling down. so comfy and not bulky. highly highly recommend them.
mxbrian15
2/2/2018 3:52pm
DonJoy customs are awesome.

ra450
2/2/2018 4:22pm
POD MX, I have been very happy with mine.
cflowers463
2/13/2018 11:45am
Thanks for the responses. I have reached out to CTi to ask them questions about the process.
It is a fairly easy process. Get a note from your primary care doctor saying you need custom fit knee braces (I went with CTi Vapor), then contact Ossur customer service - the company that owns CTi - and they will get you in contact with their local rep for your area. The rep will then tell you where to go get fitted. Usually the first appointment is free, they size you, and work with your insurance to get the ball rolling. You don't pay anything until they order them, if you have a deductible in the first place.

Just note that "knee pain" or some type of general discomfort will not warrant insurance to cover them. It needs to be some type of injury, such as previous tear, strains, etc.
Roostermx58
2/13/2018 12:02pm
It is a fairly easy process. Get a note from your primary care doctor saying you need custom fit knee braces (I went with CTi Vapor)...
It is a fairly easy process. Get a note from your primary care doctor saying you need custom fit knee braces (I went with CTi Vapor), then contact Ossur customer service - the company that owns CTi - and they will get you in contact with their local rep for your area. The rep will then tell you where to go get fitted. Usually the first appointment is free, they size you, and work with your insurance to get the ball rolling. You don't pay anything until they order them, if you have a deductible in the first place.

Just note that "knee pain" or some type of general discomfort will not warrant insurance to cover them. It needs to be some type of injury, such as previous tear, strains, etc.
awesome! So I am currently headed to my first appointment on Thursday for fitment. I do have a torn meniscus so lets see how it all unfolds.

Thanks!
holverson34
2/13/2018 2:32pm
It is a fairly easy process. Get a note from your primary care doctor saying you need custom fit knee braces (I went with CTi Vapor)...

awesome! So I am currently headed to my first appointment on Thursday for fitment. I do have a torn meniscus so lets see how it all...
awesome! So I am currently headed to my first appointment on Thursday for fitment. I do have a torn meniscus so lets see how it all unfolds.

Thanks!
I just had surgery for the same thing on Friday and asked my doc how hard it’s be to get braces for cheap. Keep posted
Roostermx58
2/23/2018 9:55am
Went to get fitted for knee braces. Apparently BCBSNC is understanding and approving of knee braces. Just had to meet my $300 deductible and pay 10% of cost after my deductible was met.

Post a reply to: Knee Braces - Which ones for 2018?

The Latest