Kinda moto? For the NW guys , weird question.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2017 10:44 PM

So about 2 - 3 times a week , usually around 10:00pm there is a group of dudes that are showing up some where within about a mile of my house , and ripping the living shit out of street bikes and cars. From the sounds , it sounds like 10 - 20 different bikes and cars. Don't know if they are drag racing , or just hitting some long strip of asphalt to hit some crazy speeds? What blows my mind is , sometimes it'll go one for 1 - 2 hours. ( No cops? ) All you can hear is bikes going through all their gears and just floating the valves. It " ISN'T " coming from PIR , but the other side of the dike. I Think it's coming from an industrial area over there , which has like a 2 mile strait away that's super smooth.

I know weird question , and a wild shot guess here....but if any of you NW guys know anything about it , fill me in. Whatever they are doing. Not bugging me one bit , as I dig hearing it. Just crazy to think that the cops don't do anything about it....which I hope they don't.

BTW...I'm hear in N Portland area. And those boys are tearing it up tonight!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/21/2017 11:31 PM

go follow the noise and bring wat u got!

|

5/21/2017 11:40 PM

Rip the 1-2-5 and go for pinks Jeff... I think I watched a show on discovery showing the dangers and illegalities, errrrrr, I mean glorifying and promoting street racing without regard for public safety!!!!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

5/22/2017 12:04 AM

I am going to try and track this down . its been happening since I moved here 5 years ago , but this year they seem to be going at it a lot more. More curious then anything else. Where ever they are , they are flat getting with it on the speed thing. Has to be a long strip.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/22/2017 6:23 PM

Now I'm curious!

|

5/22/2017 6:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2017 6:34 PM

First rule of street bike fight club. Don't talk about street bike fight club.

|

5/22/2017 8:48 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

So about 2 - 3 times a week , usually around 10:00pm there is a group of dudes that are showing up some where within about a mile of my house , and ripping the living shit out of street bikes and cars. From the sounds , it sounds like 10 - 20 different bikes and cars. Don't know if they are drag racing , or just hitting some long strip of asphalt to hit some crazy speeds? What blows my mind is , sometimes it'll go one for 1 - 2 hours. ( No cops? ) All you can hear is bikes going through all their gears and just floating the valves. It " ISN'T " coming from PIR , but the other side of the dike. I Think it's coming from an industrial area over there , which has like a 2 mile strait away that's super smooth.

I know weird question , and a wild shot guess here....but if any of you NW guys know anything about it , fill me in. Whatever they are doing. Not bugging me one bit , as I dig hearing it. Just crazy to think that the cops don't do anything about it....which I hope they don't.

BTW...I'm hear in N Portland area. And those boys are tearing it up tonight!

I used to hear it too Jeffro!- I was living on Hayden Island for a few years and could hear the same thing.
I actually rode over to PIR one night to see what was up, but as you said it wasn't coming from there.
I asked around a bit and some dude told me it was a bunch of mainly Russian kids and their pal's doing donuts, burnouts, and trying to drift.
They have a couple of different spots out there by the shipping terminals and they move around to avoid the fuzz.

|

Straight Outta Compression

5/22/2017 9:48 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

So about 2 - 3 times a week , usually around 10:00pm there is a group of dudes that are showing up some where within about a mile of my house , and ripping the living shit out of street bikes and cars. From the sounds , it sounds like 10 - 20 different bikes and cars. Don't know if they are drag racing , or just hitting some long strip of asphalt to hit some crazy speeds? What blows my mind is , sometimes it'll go one for 1 - 2 hours. ( No cops? ) All you can hear is bikes going through all their gears and just floating the valves. It " ISN'T " coming from PIR , but the other side of the dike. I Think it's coming from an industrial area over there , which has like a 2 mile strait away that's super smooth.

I know weird question , and a wild shot guess here....but if any of you NW guys know anything about it , fill me in. Whatever they are doing. Not bugging me one bit , as I dig hearing it. Just crazy to think that the cops don't do anything about it....which I hope they don't.

BTW...I'm hear in N Portland area. And those boys are tearing it up tonight!

DE262 wrote:

I used to hear it too Jeffro!- I was living on Hayden Island for a few years and could hear the same thing.
I actually rode over to PIR one night to see what was up, but as you said it wasn't coming from there.
I asked around a bit and some dude told me it was a bunch of mainly Russian kids and their pal's doing donuts, burnouts, and trying to drift.
They have a couple of different spots out there by the shipping terminals and they move around to avoid the fuzz.

That's exactly where it sounds like it's coming from. I don't hear anything tonight , but it's usually 2 - 3 times per week. It's totally random. Sometimes only last 20 minutes...some times about 2 hours. From the sounds , it sounds like bikes and cars both....but man it sounds like they are freakin ripping!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/22/2017 10:50 PM

We have the same shit here in Kent WA. I call it the "Fast & Furious Effect". Many cars and street bikes with virtually no mufflers wailing around the streets. They sound like freaking F1 or Indy cars and I don't think the Kent Police can do a damn thing about them. And joy of joys, the house on the other side of my townhouse community driveway is a gathering place for them after they are done rodding around, and that's usually around 1:30 - 2:00 AM.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

5/25/2017 7:02 AM

All these rappers these days are making it look cool to ride dirtbikes around the streets doing wheelies with no helmet on or anything in the middle of the night, I assume it could be something fairly similar

On the east side of the cascades you've got lifted diesel trucks everywhere and whenever 2 get close to each other on the road all you see is black smoke it's pretty funny actually

|

5/25/2017 7:52 AM

I used to live watching street races, this was about 10 years ago. Now they probably ticket the bystanders.

|

5/25/2017 8:20 AM

It's down in rivergate...sometimes it's the drifters,other nights it's the dudes in the 70-80s GM products with the giant wheels and tires.. I was coming home from work one night and about 40 of those big donk chevys passed me on Columbia Boulevard in the center lane hauling ass. I guess I should have been pissed but I was laughing because those things are so over-the-top with their blingness.

|

5/26/2017 11:06 AM

Jeffro, did you ever find them?

|

5/26/2017 12:15 PM

bvm111 wrote:

Rip the 1-2-5 and go for pinks Jeff... I think I watched a show on discovery showing the dangers and illegalities, errrrrr, I mean glorifying and promoting street racing without regard for public safety!!!!

Maybe they're practicing to go down OK and try to make the Top Ten list in the 405!

|