Kind of a dream coming true. Knocking one off the bucket list! Glen Helen...YeeHaww!

captmoto
10/3/2017 7:40am
I was out there Saturday for practice and the track is ripped deep so on a 125 you will feel it. After a couple hours it broke in but off the lines the watered deep rip was pretty thick. It should be pretty good on Friday with a lot more bikes on it and rough and rutted on Saturday and Sunday.
jeffro503
10/3/2017 8:57am
captmoto wrote:
I was out there Saturday for practice and the track is ripped deep so on a 125 you will feel it. After a couple hours it...
I was out there Saturday for practice and the track is ripped deep so on a 125 you will feel it. After a couple hours it broke in but off the lines the watered deep rip was pretty thick. It should be pretty good on Friday with a lot more bikes on it and rough and rutted on Saturday and Sunday.
That's ok. I think most the OTMX rounds they usually till it pretty shallow. Lots of older vets don't like dealing with slot car tracks , so we'll see what happens. We should be camped outside the gate in the RV on Thursday some time. I'd like to hike up around the top parts of the track , maybe get to check out those other tracks up there behind Talladega. Get in some good practice Friday and just have fun on the weekend.

Hope to see a few Vital dudes out there , but it seems to be pretty scarce.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
10/3/2017 10:45am
Be sure to post up a race report! I want to hear that you had massive battles with the 450s, passing them down the hills.

The Shop

jeffro503
10/3/2017 12:50pm
Falcon wrote:
Be sure to post up a race report! I want to hear that you had massive battles with the 450s, passing them down the hills.
I will for sure! If I don't post anything though.....just figure that it might not of happened haha. Laughing
Zaugg
10/3/2017 1:17pm
Might as well hit up Zaca on your way back to Portland. Totally worth the extra day. Have fun!
hogkiller
10/3/2017 5:12pm
Zaugg wrote:
Might as well hit up Zaca on your way back to Portland. Totally worth the extra day. Have fun!
what class are you riding ??? make sure you have right color back ground for your class

Masters>> Black with white numbers Experts >>White with black numbers
Intermediates >> Yellow with black numbers
Novices>>green with white numbers

D. Classes will be designated as:

Novice Class (40-49 years)
Plus 50 Novice Class (50 to 59 years)
Plus 60 Novice Class (60 years and older)
Plus 70 - 74 Novice Class (70-74 years and older)

Intermediate Class (40-49 years)
Plus 50 Intermediate Class (50-59 years)
Plus 60 Intermediate Class (60 years and older)
Plus 70 - 74 Intermediate Class

Expert Class (40-49 years)
Plus 50 Expert Class (50-59 years)
Plus 60 Expert Class (60 years and older)
Plus 70 – 74 Expert Class

Master Class (40-49 years)
Plus 50 Master Class (50 years and older)
Plus 60 Master Class (60 years and older)
Plus 70 – 74 Master Class

Plus 75 class (75 years and older)
Plus 80 class (80 years and older)
Plus 90 class (90 years and older)
swtwtwtw
10/3/2017 5:16pm
Well I rode the OTMX race there on the 1st. I will say that if the track prep is the same for the international, it will be epic.
Rarely is Glen Helen that good.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
10/3/2017 6:10pm
Zaugg wrote:
Zaca only open Wed, Sat, Sun.

Have fun! Wait till you ride the hills, steeper than they look!
vet323
10/3/2017 6:20pm
The only chance I ever had to ride Glen Helen was the week before A-1 in '02. No Mt. St Helen or any other hills, but man, was it a blast being on the same track with Lamson, Pingree and Langston (and getting passed on my YZ250 by the Alessi brothers on their 65s).
jeffro503
10/3/2017 6:41pm
My first race back in a long time and on this 125 , I'll be doing INT class. Next year on the 350 I'll go back up to expert class.

" Might " be able to hit Zaca on the way back. But it sounds like we may be back down again in Jan - Feb.
bvm111
10/3/2017 6:45pm
So stoked this worked out... safe travels and see you in a couple days!
TeamGreen
10/3/2017 6:52pm
It's a damn Northwesterner Invasion!

I rode w/ some guys that were down for this race & came a bit early to hit as much SoCal as they could. They were at Pala, yesterday.
captmoto
10/3/2017 6:55pm
jeffro503 wrote:
That's ok. I think most the OTMX rounds they usually till it pretty shallow. Lots of older vets don't like dealing with slot car tracks...
That's ok. I think most the OTMX rounds they usually till it pretty shallow. Lots of older vets don't like dealing with slot car tracks , so we'll see what happens. We should be camped outside the gate in the RV on Thursday some time. I'd like to hike up around the top parts of the track , maybe get to check out those other tracks up there behind Talladega. Get in some good practice Friday and just have fun on the weekend.

Hope to see a few Vital dudes out there , but it seems to be pretty scarce.
Were having a Firepolicemx.com race on Monday and asked for it to not be ripped so deep.I think John is just going to blade and water. Are you getting in late Thursday?
TeamGreen
10/3/2017 6:57pm
Drop a Brother a pm & let me know where you're gonna be sat eve
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/3/2017 7:02pm
jeffro503 wrote:
My first race back in a long time and on this 125 , I'll be doing INT class. Next year on the 350 I'll go back...
My first race back in a long time and on this 125 , I'll be doing INT class. Next year on the 350 I'll go back up to expert class.

" Might " be able to hit Zaca on the way back. But it sounds like we may be back down again in Jan - Feb.
Hit me up when you make it back down. I'll meet you up at Zaca on a Saturday or Sunday.

Glen Helen is awesome and racing when they run the hills is a great experience, but Zaca is Moto heaven for just plain old practice day. You'll dig it.
Good luck at Glen Helen, I'd come out and hang out, but I've been working Saturday's a bunch lately and next weekend I'm off. I'll probably hit up Zaca
jeffro503
10/3/2017 7:25pm
@ BVM.....see you soon brother!!

@Cap....we will be at the gate Wed night!! Not sure what were doing Thursday. My buddy Chuck will have to go pick up his wife at the airport on Thursday sometime.

@ TG......I will send you a pm Manny. We'll be driving a big white Dodge truck pulling a big Raptor trailer.

@Langham....find me brother!! I'll be there!!

YES!! Vital bro's showing up!!
friday10
10/3/2017 9:53pm
You should hit REM on Saturday!
jeffro503
10/3/2017 10:50pm
friday10 wrote:
Can't really do that since the race is on Saturday ( 3 motos ) and Sunday ( 2 motos ) but I'd like to cruise over and check it out. Will the people who run that place let me do that?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/3/2017 11:16pm
jeffro503 wrote:
My first race back in a long time and on this 125 , I'll be doing INT class. Next year on the 350 I'll go back...

langhammx wrote:
Hit me up when you make it back down. I'll meet you up at Zaca on a Saturday or Sunday. Glen Helen is awesome and racing...
Hit me up when you make it back down. I'll meet you up at Zaca on a Saturday or Sunday.

Glen Helen is awesome and racing when they run the hills is a great experience, but Zaca is Moto heaven for just plain old practice day. You'll dig it.
Good luck at Glen Helen, I'd come out and hang out, but I've been working Saturday's a bunch lately and next weekend I'm off. I'll probably hit up Zaca
Hey Shawn, have you heard anything about Zaca not being open for open practice on Wednesday's now? Was told over the weekend that some idiot went flying down the dirt road doing around 60 while the owner was herding his cattle and the owner of the property told Ed no more week day open practice since the land is a full time ranch during the week.
10/3/2017 11:22pm
As a fellow Oregonian I am telling you that Glen Helen makes all of our local tracks look like backyard tracks. (Exception being washougal). Place is crazy. Enjoy!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/3/2017 11:23pm
Good luck and have fun Jeffro!! Next time you come down here hopefully you'll have more time and we can meet up and moto with carlinojoe, langhammx and Friday10.

My personal favorite starting spot is the first few spots to the left of the dog house or to the right if that's open. In all the gate drops I've been a part of there, even though some guys brake early, they still push out to the outside and you can dive down to the inside and come out in a good spot. I've had many not so good starts end up with me in the top 5 doing that.
jeffro503
10/4/2017 12:04am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Good luck and have fun Jeffro!! Next time you come down here hopefully you'll have more time and we can meet up and moto with carlinojoe...
Good luck and have fun Jeffro!! Next time you come down here hopefully you'll have more time and we can meet up and moto with carlinojoe, langhammx and Friday10.

My personal favorite starting spot is the first few spots to the left of the dog house or to the right if that's open. In all the gate drops I've been a part of there, even though some guys brake early, they still push out to the outside and you can dive down to the inside and come out in a good spot. I've had many not so good starts end up with me in the top 5 doing that.
For sure id like to come down again next year for this race , but I'm going to try and do a Northern Cali trip this winter if I can make it happen too. I may travel to do a few other's too if I can make it work. May do both Canadian rounds next year as well , possibly Boise too. Depends on my work schedule though.
friday10
10/4/2017 5:43am
friday10 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Can't really do that since the race is on Saturday ( 3 motos ) and Sunday ( 2 motos ) but I'd like to cruise over...
Can't really do that since the race is on Saturday ( 3 motos ) and Sunday ( 2 motos ) but I'd like to cruise over and check it out. Will the people who run that place let me do that?
Yes, the REM track is right next to the main track! If you have time, look for the #10 KTM 2 stroke!

centralcalmx
Fantasy
98th
10/4/2017 5:55am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Good luck and have fun Jeffro!! Next time you come down here hopefully you'll have more time and we can meet up and moto with carlinojoe...

jeffro503 wrote:
For sure id like to come down again next year for this race , but I'm going to try and do a Northern Cali trip this...
For sure id like to come down again next year for this race , but I'm going to try and do a Northern Cali trip this winter if I can make it happen too. I may travel to do a few other's too if I can make it work. May do both Canadian rounds next year as well , possibly Boise too. Depends on my work schedule though.
I think I saw on the SOCAL Otmx message board this race will be moved to April in 2018.
That would be great so we would not have to choose between OTHG at LACR the same weekend.
As long as The April date doesn't run against the OTHG National the last weekend of April at Hangtown in 2018.
Friends in both Clubs and I plan to do some OTMX in 2018.
Have a blast at Glen Helen.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/4/2017 6:22am
jeffro503 wrote:
Well....after dreaming of riding Glen Helen over the past 25 years , my dream is finally coming true! So pumped on this right now! Leaving tomorrow...
Well....after dreaming of riding Glen Helen over the past 25 years , my dream is finally coming true! So pumped on this right now! Leaving tomorrow afternoon and making the drive down with a couple buddies to race / ride the OTMX round down there next weekend.

Unfortunately I can't take my 250 as I'm not done building it , so I have to take the 125 this time. BUT....I'll also being riding a new KTM 350 that my buddy just picked up for his second bike ( He has a 2018 KTM 450 as well )....and he told me to ride the shit out of it.....so I'll be taking him up on the offer haha.

Only been able to ride twice since July due to a back injury , but feeling better now and just want to ride....really bad! So I don't know if I can even finish any of those 25min long motos , but just riding the track will be good enough for me.

Gawd dang , this is gonna be a blast! And if any of you vital guys are there , please swing by and say hello , have a few beers after or whatever. Would be cool to meet some more of you guys.

That bike is beautiful! I love it simple
Have fun man!
jeffro503
10/4/2017 8:18am
friday10 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Can't really do that since the race is on Saturday ( 3 motos ) and Sunday ( 2 motos ) but I'd like to cruise over...
friday10 wrote:
Yes, the REM track is right next to the main track! If you have time, look for the #10 KTM 2 stroke![img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/04/218200/s1200_STUvetranothadfriday_1.jpg[/img]
Yes, the REM track is right next to the main track! If you have time, look for the #10 KTM 2 stroke!

Friday....I will for sure. And like wise....you see me , come say hello!
JBlain619
10/4/2017 8:36am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
For sure id like to come down again next year for this race , but I'm going to try and do a Northern Cali trip this...
I think I saw on the SOCAL Otmx message board this race will be moved to April in 2018. That would be great so we would...
I think I saw on the SOCAL Otmx message board this race will be moved to April in 2018.
That would be great so we would not have to choose between OTHG at LACR the same weekend.
As long as The April date doesn't run against the OTHG National the last weekend of April at Hangtown in 2018.
Friends in both Clubs and I plan to do some OTMX in 2018.
Have a blast at Glen Helen.
Will it be at Glen Helen as well? Do you have an approximate date? I hope after the 15th bc my wife is a CPA and her deadline is my deadline! I hate tax season!

Is this a special event or do all of them run 3 moto's on Sat and 2 on Sunday?
DE262
10/4/2017 9:01am
I may come out and ride practice tomorrow Jeffro- I will look for your set-up.
I'll be on a Honda- yellow backgrounds, #262.
White Chevy Express, OR plates.

Post a reply to: Kind of a dream coming true. Knocking one off the bucket list! Glen Helen...YeeHaww!

The Latest