Killer vid: The Making of Crusty 1

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 1/12/2013 12:56pm
This pretty much sums up the greatest era in motocross! Talk about "good times" So many stories....but words cant even explain it, you just had to be there! Woohoo

https://youtu.be/8kREEhQaR6g?rel=0

*Thx Dono! I have no idea how i missed this one Cool
|
ocscottie
1/9/2013 8:56pm
The 1st time i watched Crusty, i was so blown away when MC did the trashcan deal (7:58 in the vid) he wheel taps it so perfect, talk about precise...and that is how he was on the SX track, total precision.
CR250Rider
1/9/2013 8:58pm
most of us would love to be hanging out with that group.

the coolest of the cool....best dirtbike video ever
BAMX
1/9/2013 9:22pm
Oh the good old days in So Cal when you could throw your bike in the truck after work and in 30min hit the hills for some great free riding. I miss Palm Ave Sad

The Shop

ocscottie
1/9/2013 9:26pm
I dont get how the hell we missed this vid all these years? it was uploaded in 2011! Ive never seen it posted before? Dono posted it on twitter.
malachi177
1/9/2013 9:34pm
CR250Rider wrote:
most of us would love to be hanging out with that group. the coolest of the cool....best dirtbike video ever
most of us would love to be hanging out with that group.

the coolest of the cool....best dirtbike video ever
I dunno.....Wrathchild was pretty good too
SMITH201
1/9/2013 9:37pm
When MX was literally a lifestyle. I miss those days Sad
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/9/2013 9:50pm
Damn that was cool, best movie ever!

Thanks for posting it Scottie.
ocscottie
1/9/2013 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2013 10:20pm
SMITH201 wrote:
When MX was literally a lifestyle. I miss those days Sad
That 1st line pretty much sums it up, well said! Cool
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
1/9/2013 9:55pm
Thanks for posting! Brings back some memories.....
JW381
1/9/2013 10:20pm
Badass!! MC went fuckin huuuuuuge. Why do the bikes sound so shitty?!
mxjef
1/9/2013 10:37pm
Good stuff!!!.....those days are long gone!
Allracing
1/10/2013 12:23am
Whatever became of Seth? What's he doing now?
jemcee
1/10/2013 12:32am
oh man that was soo good took me straight back to a better time my outlook on bikes and riding and racing changed as soon as it started
and I'm with ya scottie I hadn't seen it either how is it possible?
it was so weird/cool seeing all the shots I was so familiar with but without music and real noises and the lead up or aftermath

that was the shit
ocscottie
1/10/2013 4:03am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2013 4:04am
Allracing wrote:
hmmm good question? i havent seen / heard his name in ages! So i decided to hit him up on google and came across this:

http://www.sethenslow.com/

Looks like he is still a busy guy, doing what? im not really sure. Its almost 4am here and i didnt take the time to look at much on his site.

I will never forget the nutty smile he gave the camera while laying there after falling out of the sky and eating shit on the ginormous sand dune jump. Good Times! lol
Crush
1/10/2013 4:18am
That was cool!

Don't think Fro's employers will like that one!
mxracer816
Fantasy
2858th
1/10/2013 5:38am
Does it mean you are getting old if you start getting nostalgic about something? If you lived and rode dirtbikes in that era that movie will more than likely spark some deeply seeded longing for times to "be like that again". My mx buddies and I watched some of our home videos from when we were from 14-21, we spent a entire Saturday evening and night just watching them and laughing our asses off. Funny thing is, watching the Crusty movie was almost to a T what our videos looked like. Definately not as big, but still just free riding, building our own jumps with any piece of equipment we that we could rent, steal (just for the idiots out there I've never stolen equipment was just exaggerating) or borrow! The same stupid hollering after you just landed a new gap the first time, just a group of guys having the time of their lives. Don't know why I rambled on about this other than I miss those days, the smell of fresh burning pre-mix in the morning with nothing to do all day but ride my dirtbike. I truly believe those days are behind us now as the cost of the sport is growing and riding areas are going away left and right. Dirtbiking will always be around, but the tracks will be farther away,fuel will be higher, and just the costs of racing/riding will surely go up as well. I know there will always be a dirtbike in my shop and unless I get some new unfriendly neighbors, a track in my backyard. That is all, sorry if I made anyone dumber!
Crush
1/10/2013 6:19am
mxracer816 wrote:
Does it mean you are getting old if you start getting nostalgic about something? If you lived and rode dirtbikes in that era that movie will...
Does it mean you are getting old if you start getting nostalgic about something? If you lived and rode dirtbikes in that era that movie will more than likely spark some deeply seeded longing for times to "be like that again". My mx buddies and I watched some of our home videos from when we were from 14-21, we spent a entire Saturday evening and night just watching them and laughing our asses off. Funny thing is, watching the Crusty movie was almost to a T what our videos looked like. Definately not as big, but still just free riding, building our own jumps with any piece of equipment we that we could rent, steal (just for the idiots out there I've never stolen equipment was just exaggerating) or borrow! The same stupid hollering after you just landed a new gap the first time, just a group of guys having the time of their lives. Don't know why I rambled on about this other than I miss those days, the smell of fresh burning pre-mix in the morning with nothing to do all day but ride my dirtbike. I truly believe those days are behind us now as the cost of the sport is growing and riding areas are going away left and right. Dirtbiking will always be around, but the tracks will be farther away,fuel will be higher, and just the costs of racing/riding will surely go up as well. I know there will always be a dirtbike in my shop and unless I get some new unfriendly neighbors, a track in my backyard. That is all, sorry if I made anyone dumber!
Less or more tits?
Allracing
1/10/2013 8:48am
Allracing wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
hmmm good question? i havent seen / heard his name in ages! So i decided to hit him up on google and came across this: http://www.sethenslow.com/...
hmmm good question? i havent seen / heard his name in ages! So i decided to hit him up on google and came across this:

http://www.sethenslow.com/

Looks like he is still a busy guy, doing what? im not really sure. Its almost 4am here and i didnt take the time to look at much on his site.

I will never forget the nutty smile he gave the camera while laying there after falling out of the sky and eating shit on the ginormous sand dune jump. Good Times! lol
From his website it looks like he is some type of motivational speaker with a world tour and a tattoo artist now and has his own tattoo shop. If you would have told me back in the day Seth would be a motivational speaker and Tyler "One Punch" Evans would be a minister, I would have laughed in your face pretty hard. I guess people grow up and change. Thanks for the trip back in time with that video.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
1/10/2013 9:31am
Could you see RV or RD, supercross winners hanging out at Glamis with a bunch of people free riding?? I always thought Seth maybe knew how to ride with his record setting jumps, but looks like he was just some dude they took riding and said hold 'her open and hit that...
yak651
Fantasy
214th
1/10/2013 9:38am
I can't remember, is that the vid where travis is about 13 and his jumping the pond by his house? I remember buying the crusty vid and terrafirma, being from WI I never seen anything like that. After watching the vid after coming back from the bars, one of my buddys just put together a brand new high end mountain bike. He had just broken his back (nothing too serious, just a brace) skiing and was bummed he couldn't ride his bike. We talked him into letting us ride his bike down the stairs in his apartment hallway. A couple of us made it, some didn't, next day he calls and says his landlord is going to evict him because there are tire marks on the hall way walls! Don't know why I wrote all that, but just brought memories from about 15 years ago...
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/10/2013 9:49am
Those movies made me want to move to CA from the east coast soooo bad. Especially smp Disturbing The Peace and Wrathchild.

Now I live here and no one is jumping over abandoned houses :/
wydopen
1/10/2013 9:53am
Does anybody know how they did the opening shot in Crusty 2 where he comes flying out of the ground?? ive always wondered..
Torco1
1/10/2013 10:00am
wydopen wrote:
Does anybody know how they did the opening shot in Crusty 2 where he comes flying out of the ground?? ive always wondered..
They filmed that in Beaumont where there are a lot of little "crevices" in the ground everywhere. From what I remember they just used paper and covered it with dirt and grass to make is look like flat ground and he pretty much jumped it blind when he came up from under ground. I think there is a shot somewhere where he does it one time and the paper wraps around his head on the takeoff.
1/10/2013 10:24am
Has anyone got a link to the Fox video call Fly? It had Mcgrath, Lamson, Pastrana and Mike Metgzer (Honda no.387?).

Post a reply to: Killer vid: The Making of Crusty 1

The Latest