Kia sponsors RBSR

Mossy
Edited Date/Time 10/23/2018 6:04pm
Interesting sponsor from a company that doesn’t even make heavy duty vehicles, don’t you think? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, Kia makes cool cars, it’s nice to see a company like that taking interest in the sport. Cool
|
TymeMoto
10/20/2018 6:47pm
You think “it’s nice” that they show our sport interest yet you make a new thread criticizing it.

Wtf is wrong w you people?!
rehan53
10/20/2018 7:31pm
That wasn’t criticism...

They call that a “non-endemic” sponsorship, and it’s a great thing.
Mossy
10/20/2018 9:45pm
rehan53 wrote:
That wasn’t criticism...

They call that a “non-endemic” sponsorship, and it’s a great thing.
Thank you for understanding my post lol. If anything I was trying to give Kia credit and point out that we got a cool sponsor for a moto event. Grinning good for the sport Cool
ForToo
10/20/2018 10:09pm
And I'd like to give the Kia Stinger AWD 3.3t a rip.

The Shop

Moto96
10/20/2018 10:12pm
Its not odd at all.

Have you ever noticed that 96% of the fans at a rodeo drive a prius with a bale of hay in the back?
The bigger the buckle, the smaller the ranch. Thats why most fans live in apartments, but have huge belt buckles.
10/21/2018 9:21am
One guess is,
Kia is trying to transform their brand into cheapo pricepoint cars, into more mid level/premium. I'd also guess that a mid level event sponsorship costs them what a few billboards or main stream magazine spreads would cost.
newmann
10/21/2018 9:28am
TymeMoto wrote:
You think “it’s nice” that they show our sport interest yet you make a new thread criticizing it.

Wtf is wrong w you people?!
Where was he critical of anything? Sandy vagina much?
jemcee
10/21/2018 8:53pm
Only just saw a report today saying they wanna branch out into the dual cab ute (utility) market in Australia
This is obviously only a concept but it looks a lot more dual cab than ute haha

newmann
10/21/2018 9:02pm
Been repairing a metric shit ton of wrecked Kia's and Hyundai's lately. They must be selling like hot cakes. Meanwhile, if it wasn't for trucks and sport utes, Ford and Chevy would be struggling to compete against those two.
Bearuno
10/21/2018 11:56pm
Hey, Newmann, aren't KIA and Hyundai connected in some way?

I went through the hell of buying a car for my 80yr old mum a year back.

Going from dealership to dealership to find exactly what she wanted - bit of a nightmare, but it was her first *brand new car* of her life, other than all the Taxis she ran for her business's.

Panels / doors and so much more looked near identical between the brands. The biggest difference was the price points and features: they seemed to step between each other, to cover damned near every base you could think of. She got a high optioned KIA, 'Sportage' model.

It's a Neat little car actually. They've come a long way from KIAs I got near years ago. Thing is, she pranged it within a week (first prang in a driving career that must be into a fair few million miles, on her part - her being a Taxi driver / owner for many decades) , when she went to the Doctors, and misjudged a retaining wall with the front end of it....... fair enough, she was having a bit of a 'hearty' at the time.
billyp330
10/22/2018 5:04am
I thought it was cool as I just bought my wife a 2018 Kia Sorento. I choose Kia because of their superior warranty. I have been a Ford guy for a long time, but I simply went with whichever had best warranty. I have been extremely impressed with her Sorento so far. I got the v6 awd option so it can tow 5000lbs and we get about 28mpg in eco mode. It also has a differential lock which i was surprised to see as most small trucks don't have that from what i have seen.
ga_pike
10/22/2018 5:09am
Check out the upcoming Kia Telluride SUV. This thing is a beast. The interior is pretty unreal too.

They are also looking hard at entering the pickup truck market.
newmann
10/22/2018 6:08am
Hyundai bought a large share of Kia when they were going tits up a decade ago. Kind of like what may be happening with Alta at the moment. Kia had some pretty shitty cars, dealerships were popping up and then poof, our local dealer shut down. When Hyundai first started selling cars here it was the same way. Crappy, cheap cars and struggling dealerships. All that has changed and their warranty is hard to beat. They are both killing it in sales with well equipped vehicles.
crf250pilot
10/22/2018 7:21am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2018 7:21am
jemcee wrote:
Only just saw a report today saying they wanna branch out into the dual cab ute (utility) market in Australia This is obviously only a concept...
Only just saw a report today saying they wanna branch out into the dual cab ute (utility) market in Australia
This is obviously only a concept but it looks a lot more dual cab than ute haha

That's awesome!! like a 4 door Subaru Brat. Just needs a couple of jump seats in back for the kids.
10/22/2018 7:59am
Kia is a "value" brand, they make an OK product that the common man can afford and looks nice and fancy. The fact they would want to market themselves towards "fans of dirt bike riding" is definitely not surprising. (I know where you're coming from though)
ob
10/22/2018 8:06am
I work on kias all the time, fairly nicely built. That new stinger is kinda bad ass.
10/23/2018 2:01pm
Guys, this relationship is much more simple than you think. KIA has a relationship from the marketing side of things with RB. My client did this commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TctsFedYYM with KIA/RB last month and there is a bunch more content coming soon. Moto is a good demo age wise for both RB and KIA. Don't overthink it fellas.
ktmwoods
10/23/2018 6:04pm
Guys, this relationship is much more simple than you think. KIA has a relationship from the marketing side of things with RB. My client did this...
Guys, this relationship is much more simple than you think. KIA has a relationship from the marketing side of things with RB. My client did this commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TctsFedYYM with KIA/RB last month and there is a bunch more content coming soon. Moto is a good demo age wise for both RB and KIA. Don't overthink it fellas.
ODB is correct, Kia bought in on a full package, you will see them pop up at other RB events not just MX/RBSR. Same with Bridgestone etc. Dodge was their partner the last few years I believe.

Post a reply to: Kia sponsors RBSR

The Latest