Related:
Create New Tag
jjavaman jjavaman
11/29/2020 6:52 PM

Just read that he’s got Parkinson’s disease. Would not wish that on my worst enemy, hope he handles it well.🙏🙏

mb60 mb60
11/29/2020 7:22 PM

Man my hero growing up as a kid in Texas.

ninety3 ninety3
11/30/2020 1:04 PM

Style and speed
Photo
For the youths out there, this is what an actual Husqvarna looks like

I like knobby tires

Trudare Trudare
11/30/2020 1:07 PM

Good dude who let his riding do the talking....my all time fav after Barnett

davistld01 davistld01
11/30/2020 3:28 PM
mb60 wrote:

Man my hero growing up as ...more

One of mine as well. I remember being introduced to him by Wyman Priddy years ago at a Rio Bravo Trans-Am.

Very sad.

I surely wish him the very best. It's such a gnarly disease, and I'm sure it's super rough on a dude like Kent who has a history of being a professional athlete.

Darrin Willis Darrin Willis
11/30/2020 4:10 PM

Wish him all the best. Wonder how the hurricane feels.

Sully Sully
11/30/2020 5:43 PM
ninety3 wrote:

Style and speed

For the ...more

Man, I wish Husky could figure out a cool way to do a mirror tank on their modern bikes for a throwback race.

My thoughts are with Kent and the entire Howerton family. Hopefully something like this becomes more prevalent in the very near future.

lostboy819 lostboy819
11/30/2020 6:20 PM
Darrin Willis wrote:

Wish him all the best. ...more

Why would you wonder how Hannah feels ? unsure

Ed Johnson

1911 1911
11/30/2020 6:52 PM
Darrin Willis wrote:

Wut? Hannah?

numbers numbers
11/30/2020 7:01 PM
Darrin Willis wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Why would you wonder how ...more

Maybe Bob has a personnel relationship and feels honored to race him. I would. Hes what the new generation has lost. Pride for who you are.

lostboy819 lostboy819
11/30/2020 7:24 PM
Darrin Willis wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Why would you wonder how ...more

numbers wrote:

Maybe Bob has a personnel ...more

Hannah makes it clear he does not like Howerton and never did, Howerton never cared if Hannah liked him and was amused at the whole overblown Saddleback massacre. Try to keep up, not sure why anyone would even ask or care how Hannah feels now that Howerton has Parkinson’s disease. Howerton did all his talking on the track and was at one time the best of the best and I have run into him numerous times over the last 30 years and he is still a good guy. So again who cares what Hannah would think.

Ed Johnson

Ted722 Ted722
11/30/2020 8:03 PM

Just in case you don’t have the article handy, here it is.

Was too young to appreciate his great years in the 70’s, but remember the Rhinestone Cowboy on Suzuki and Kawasaki in the 80’s. Positive thoughts to Kent and his family through it all.

Photo

omalley omalley
11/30/2020 8:06 PM

We are going through this with my mom. It’s horrible. I hope there are innovative treatments in the future so that people can minimize or reverse the effects.

G-man G-man
11/30/2020 8:07 PM

Yep and why Hannah chose to publicly hate two of the nicest guys in motocross is something I never really understood--Broc Glover and Kent Howerton. Nothing but class from those two guys who never had a bad word to say about anyone.

Kent's Suzuki was superior to Bob's Yami and that was enough to hate Kent and ultimately BLATANTLY T-BONE him and said he tried to break his Freaken leg! I was there and witnessed it first hand.

Yes I know Bob was one of the all time greats to come from the US and used that type of stuff to fuel him just never really understood it all.

Prayers for Kent. 🙏

mb60 mb60
11/30/2020 8:15 PM
Ted722 wrote:

Just in case you don’t ...more

I was there that day and was blown away how trick the Kawasaki was in the 500 class.

lostboy819 lostboy819
11/30/2020 8:30 PM
ninety3 wrote:

Style and speed

For the ...more

Sully wrote:

Man, I wish Husky could ...more

Howerton was also the king of riding a gear higher then everyone else and slipping and abusing the clutch to keep up his corner speed cool Sucks as we all get older and are affected by these numerous health problems, even the great ones. sad

Ed Johnson

Sierra Ranger Sierra Ranger
11/30/2020 8:41 PM

I hate to hear it. Back in the time of the Howerton/Hannah battle I was a Howerton guy. He seemed more humble and was just so consistent and such a badass. I rode Suzuki because of him and I'm still riding an RM250.

Photo courtesy MXA!:

Photo

numbers numbers
11/30/2020 8:45 PM
G-man wrote:

Yep and why Hannah chose ...more

Yep . Hope people and riders of past can respect what's being delt. Prayers to the family.

JPT JPT
11/30/2020 9:02 PM

Really hate to hear that.

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

420Racing 420Racing
11/30/2020 9:43 PM

🙏🙏🙏
Prayers. He's a class act.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry