Kent Howerton

Related:
Create New Tag

11/29/2020 6:52 PM

Just read that he’s got Parkinson’s disease. Would not wish that on my worst enemy, hope he handles it well.🙏🙏

|

11/29/2020 7:22 PM

Man my hero growing up as a kid in Texas.

|

11/30/2020 1:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2020 1:08 PM

Style and speed
Photo
For the youths out there, this is what an actual Husqvarna looks like

|

I like knobby tires

11/30/2020 1:07 PM

Good dude who let his riding do the talking....my all time fav after Barnett

|

11/30/2020 3:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2020 3:29 PM

mb60 wrote:

Man my hero growing up as a kid in Texas.

One of mine as well. I remember being introduced to him by Wyman Priddy years ago at a Rio Bravo Trans-Am.

Very sad.

I surely wish him the very best. It's such a gnarly disease, and I'm sure it's super rough on a dude like Kent who has a history of being a professional athlete.

|

11/30/2020 4:10 PM

Wish him all the best. Wonder how the hurricane feels.

|

11/30/2020 5:43 PM

ninety3 wrote:

Style and speed
Photo

Man, I wish Husky could figure out a cool way to do a mirror tank on their modern bikes for a throwback race.

My thoughts are with Kent and the entire Howerton family. Hopefully something like this becomes more prevalent in the very near future.

|

11/30/2020 6:20 PM

Darrin Willis wrote:

Why would you wonder how Hannah feels ? unsure

|

Ed Johnson

11/30/2020 6:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2020 6:54 PM

Darrin Willis wrote:

Wut? Hannah?

|

11/30/2020 7:01 PM

Darrin Willis wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Maybe Bob has a personnel relationship and feels honored to race him. I would. Hes what the new generation has lost. Pride for who you are.

|

11/30/2020 7:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2020 8:27 PM

Darrin Willis wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

numbers wrote:

Maybe Bob has a personnel relationship and feels honored to race him. I would. Hes what the new generation has lost. Pride for who you are.

Hannah makes it clear he does not like Howerton and never did, Howerton never cared if Hannah liked him and was amused at the whole overblown Saddleback massacre. Try to keep up, not sure why anyone would even ask or care how Hannah feels now that Howerton has Parkinson’s disease. Howerton did all his talking on the track and was at one time the best of the best and I have run into him numerous times over the last 30 years and he is still a good guy. So again who cares what Hannah would think.

|

Ed Johnson

11/30/2020 8:03 PM

Just in case you don’t have the article handy, here it is.

Was too young to appreciate his great years in the 70’s, but remember the Rhinestone Cowboy on Suzuki and Kawasaki in the 80’s. Positive thoughts to Kent and his family through it all.

Photo

|

11/30/2020 8:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2020 8:07 PM

We are going through this with my mom. It’s horrible. I hope there are innovative treatments in the future so that people can minimize or reverse the effects.

|

11/30/2020 8:07 PM

Yep and why Hannah chose to publicly hate two of the nicest guys in motocross is something I never really understood--Broc Glover and Kent Howerton. Nothing but class from those two guys who never had a bad word to say about anyone.

Kent's Suzuki was superior to Bob's Yami and that was enough to hate Kent and ultimately BLATANTLY T-BONE him and said he tried to break his Freaken leg! I was there and witnessed it first hand.

Yes I know Bob was one of the all time greats to come from the US and used that type of stuff to fuel him just never really understood it all.

Prayers for Kent. 🙏

|

11/30/2020 8:15 PM

Ted722 wrote:

Just in case you don’t have the article handy, here it is.

Was too young to appreciate his great years in the 70’s, but remember the Rhinestone Cowboy on Suzuki and Kawasaki in the 80’s. Positive thoughts to Kent and his family through it all.

Photo

I was there that day and was blown away how trick the Kawasaki was in the 500 class.

|

11/30/2020 8:30 PM

ninety3 wrote:

Style and speed
Photo

Sully wrote:

Man, I wish Husky could figure out a cool way to do a mirror tank on their modern bikes for a throwback race.

My thoughts are with Kent and the entire Howerton family. Hopefully something like this becomes more prevalent in the very near future.

Howerton was also the king of riding a gear higher then everyone else and slipping and abusing the clutch to keep up his corner speed cool Sucks as we all get older and are affected by these numerous health problems, even the great ones. sad

|

Ed Johnson

11/30/2020 8:41 PM

I hate to hear it. Back in the time of the Howerton/Hannah battle I was a Howerton guy. He seemed more humble and was just so consistent and such a badass. I rode Suzuki because of him and I'm still riding an RM250.

Photo courtesy MXA!:

Photo

|

11/30/2020 8:45 PM

G-man wrote:

Yep and why Hannah chose to publicly hate two of the nicest guys in motocross is something I never really understood--Broc Glover and Kent Howerton. Nothing but class from those two guys who never had a bad word to say about anyone.

Kent's Suzuki was superior to Bob's Yami and that was enough to hate Kent and ultimately BLATANTLY T-BONE him and said he tried to break his Freaken leg! I was there and witnessed it first hand.

Yes I know Bob was one of the all time greats to come from the US and used that type of stuff to fuel him just never really understood it all.

Prayers for Kent. 🙏

Yep . Hope people and riders of past can respect what's being delt. Prayers to the family.

|

11/30/2020 9:02 PM

Really hate to hear that.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

11/30/2020 9:43 PM

🙏🙏🙏
Prayers. He's a class act.

|