Kenny's helmet....

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2017 12:47 PM

What model is it? Obviously good head protection.

|

1/24/2017 12:48 PM

Fox V3

|

1/24/2017 12:50 PM

V3 with a new magnetic visor they are testing for impacts

|

1/24/2017 12:52 PM

mxer613 wrote:

What model is it? Obviously good head protection.

Good point. This is a helmet that did it's job.

|

1/24/2017 12:52 PM

Magnetic visor is smart. On impact it looked like his head smoked his left arm and maybe did some damage. Just some speculation of mine.

|

1/24/2017 12:53 PM

mxer613 wrote:

What model is it? Obviously good head protection.

Moto520 wrote:

Good point. This is a helmet that did it's job.

Does it have MIPS?

|

1/24/2017 12:55 PM

|

1/24/2017 12:55 PM

We should look at the combo that he had on his head. He obviously took a huge impact to the head and came out without any major head issues. Fox V3 without a neck brace worked well. Not to say it would have been different with any other combo but this was a great outcome in terms of head/ neck protection.

|

1/24/2017 12:55 PM

That magnetic visor has been a process that started over 5 years ago...before the V4 even released. Really surprised that this hasn't made it to production just yet. It's a killer idea.

|

Shop Local-Free Shipping www.glenssportcenter.com

1/24/2017 12:55 PM

mxer613 wrote:

What model is it? Obviously good head protection.

Moto520 wrote:

Good point. This is a helmet that did it's job.

mxer613 wrote:

Does it have MIPS?

All of the Fox V3 and V4 have MIPS.

|

1/24/2017 12:55 PM

mxer613 wrote:

What model is it? Obviously good head protection.

Moto520 wrote:

Good point. This is a helmet that did it's job.

mxer613 wrote:

Does it have MIPS?

Yes the Fox V3 has MIPS.

But there is really no information of that Roczen didn't get a concussion. Symptoms of a concussion can appear days after a hit.

|

1/24/2017 12:57 PM

They stopped selling the V4 in 2017. I guess there are still V4s around but they are from the 2016 collection.

|

1/24/2017 12:58 PM

The magnetic visor is a really good idea. I know that multiple brands and models have plastic screws that are supposed to break in a crash but the magnetic system is probably even better.

Good innovation by Fox.

|

1/24/2017 12:59 PM

JB426 wrote:

Transworld said a Fox V4 in January 2016.
http://motocross.transworld.net/photos/helmets-of-the-stars/#Fu9rLhTw31gUXzQc.97

Motofinne wrote:

They stopped selling the V4 in 2017. I guess there are still V4s around but they are from the 2016 collection.

Oh didn't know that. So the V3 is Fox's top of the line helmet then?

|

1/24/2017 1:02 PM

JB426 wrote:

Transworld said a Fox V4 in January 2016.
http://motocross.transworld.net/photos/helmets-of-the-stars/#Fu9rLhTw31gUXzQc.97

Motofinne wrote:

They stopped selling the V4 in 2017. I guess there are still V4s around but they are from the 2016 collection.

JB426 wrote:

Oh didn't know that. So the V3 is Fox's top of the line helmet then?

Yes. I also missed that when they launched the 2017 line of gear.

Haven't found an explanation why they scratched the V4 but they did!

|

1/24/2017 1:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2017 1:06 PM

How does anyone know the helmet did much of anything just because the visor came off?
Everyone is saying he has a concussion, bla bla bla.

He may have barely even hit his head. Has anyone asked Kenny yet?

Hell for anyone knows, he put his arm out and the helmet smashed his arm not the ground. So much speculation.

|

1/24/2017 1:07 PM

JB426 wrote:

Transworld said a Fox V4 in January 2016.
http://motocross.transworld.net/photos/helmets-of-the-stars/#Fu9rLhTw31gUXzQc.97

Motofinne wrote:

They stopped selling the V4 in 2017. I guess there are still V4s around but they are from the 2016 collection.

JB426 wrote:

Oh didn't know that. So the V3 is Fox's top of the line helmet then?

Yes, 2016 was the last of the V4. The diffrence between the V3 and V4 was the V4 was carbon fiber but had a pretty nice price tag on it.
From working at a dealership we honestly sold at least five V3s for every one V4 we sold in a blue moon. The physical comparison (holding each one in hand) didn't show enough of a difference in weight to really justify the price difference the two helmets had.

|

CienaMedia.Co
Northern California
cienamediaco

1/24/2017 1:12 PM

Motofinne wrote:

They stopped selling the V4 in 2017. I guess there are still V4s around but they are from the 2016 collection.

JB426 wrote:

Oh didn't know that. So the V3 is Fox's top of the line helmet then?

Motofinne wrote:

Yes. I also missed that when they launched the 2017 line of gear.

Haven't found an explanation why they scratched the V4 but they did!

Two close in price tag and features. V4 was discontinued as its' sales dipped... Down the road there will be a V5 (Flex and 6D price range)..

As for Ken's V3, yes it has MIPS, it also has a new magnetically held visor, that's why it popped off so cleanly during the impact (instead of shoveling in and yanking his head back). It also has some new materials and shape within the chin bar that's safer.

|

1/24/2017 1:34 PM

ML512 wrote:

Two close in price tag and features. V4 was discontinued as its' sales dipped... Down the road there will be a V5 (Flex and 6D price range)..

As for Ken's V3, yes it has MIPS, it also has a new magnetically held visor, that's why it popped off so cleanly during the impact (instead of shoveling in and yanking his head back). It also has some new materials and shape within the chin bar that's safer.

How much mud weight can that magnetic visor hold?....can be an issue over here quite often smile

|

1/24/2017 2:25 PM

Motofinne wrote:

They stopped selling the V4 in 2017. I guess there are still V4s around but they are from the 2016 collection.

JB426 wrote:

Oh didn't know that. So the V3 is Fox's top of the line helmet then?

moto711 wrote:

Yes, 2016 was the last of the V4. The diffrence between the V3 and V4 was the V4 was carbon fiber but had a pretty nice price tag on it.
From working at a dealership we honestly sold at least five V3s for every one V4 we sold in a blue moon. The physical comparison (holding each one in hand) didn't show enough of a difference in weight to really justify the price difference the two helmets had.

V4's aren't carbon fiber and they weren't priced anymore than the other top of the line helmets....but they are slightly heavier than the V3's; I think thats the main reason the top pros aren't using them anymore.

|

1/24/2017 3:04 PM

JB426 wrote:

Oh didn't know that. So the V3 is Fox's top of the line helmet then?

moto711 wrote:

Yes, 2016 was the last of the V4. The diffrence between the V3 and V4 was the V4 was carbon fiber but had a pretty nice price tag on it.
From working at a dealership we honestly sold at least five V3s for every one V4 we sold in a blue moon. The physical comparison (holding each one in hand) didn't show enough of a difference in weight to really justify the price difference the two helmets had.

Motoxdoc wrote:

V4's aren't carbon fiber and they weren't priced anymore than the other top of the line helmets....but they are slightly heavier than the V3's; I think thats the main reason the top pros aren't using them anymore.

V4 are carbon buddy! I would know been a fox enthusiast my entire life and I sold them for a living. Making commission on all the gear I sold I studied up on each and every product i sold to give the customer what they where looking for.

Quote from the Fox site "THE MOST TECHNICALLY ADVANCED MATERIALS are used in the construction of the V4 helmet. The carbon-fiber shell and dual-layer EPS liner form a cutting edge, three-stage, impact-absorbing system engineered to provide total coverage. Meticulous thought and attention to detail went into the fit and finish of the V4, making it the helmet by which all others are judged."

|

CienaMedia.Co
Northern California
cienamediaco

1/24/2017 3:15 PM

Wait fox helmet and shift gear? For real? Never even noticed

|

1/24/2017 3:49 PM

reynardfan1 wrote:

Wait fox helmet and shift gear? For real? Never even noticed

He runs fox boots as well. The companies are one in the same.

|

1/24/2017 3:57 PM

Skidaddle wrote:

How does anyone know the helmet did much of anything just because the visor came off?
Everyone is saying he has a concussion, bla bla bla.

He may have barely even hit his head. Has anyone asked Kenny yet?

Hell for anyone knows, he put his arm out and the helmet smashed his arm not the ground. So much speculation.

Go watch the crash again. Ken hit his head hard in impact. No speculation.

|

1/24/2017 3:59 PM

So do we know for a fact that he did not get a concussion?

|

How's My Posting?

Call 1-800-VITALMX

**Voted top 50 most prolific forum posters for 2016**

1/24/2017 5:02 PM

Photo

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/24/2017 5:09 PM

Who manufactures Fox's helmets? No casting. Honest question.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





1/24/2017 5:15 PM

Skidaddle wrote:

How does anyone know the helmet did much of anything just because the visor came off?
Everyone is saying he has a concussion, bla bla bla.

He may have barely even hit his head. Has anyone asked Kenny yet?

Hell for anyone knows, he put his arm out and the helmet smashed his arm not the ground. So much speculation.

On the flip side, we also don't know what would have happened if the visor would have been attached and acted as a shovel injuring Ken more.

|

1/24/2017 5:36 PM

Photo

|

1/24/2017 5:42 PM

kzizok wrote:

Who manufactures Fox's helmets? No casting. Honest question.

Topkey Composites in Taiwan. The same company that makes Bell, Fly, TLD and 6D as I recall.

|