Kenny should have never left KTM.

2/18/2019 10:21am
resetjet wrote:
If i remember correctly he signed way early. He got a good deal at honda as first fiddle and took it. Ktm then kept the bike...
If i remember correctly he signed way early. He got a good deal at honda as first fiddle and took it. Ktm then kept the bike away from him. He never got s chance to ride it. And that bike was the game changer for ktm. They finally had a bike that was equal to jap bikes.
Yeah right. KTM kept the new bike away from him. He was riding Suzuki’s before he signed with Honda. Honda did what they often do, bought the number one plate.
Phantom 661
2/18/2019 10:53am
Tarz483 wrote:
KTM came out with a much better bike right when Ken left
I always wondered if he ever got to test it before he left?
BobPA wrote:
Nope
I had always wondered the same thing. I guess Kenny was pretty frustrated with KTM but I wish we could have seen him on one for a few rounds in 2015. It's history now but I think he would've done well on it and been very happy with the improvments.
STLSharky
2/18/2019 11:04am
Markturbo wrote:
It's not the bike
oh we know, and its not Aldon Baker either hah

The Shop

bents
Fantasy
909th
2/18/2019 11:39am
Well if he hadn't left perhaps Webb would not have made his way to the team and to Aldon....so there is always that angle to consider!
resetjet
2/20/2019 5:53am
resetjet wrote:
If i remember correctly he signed way early. He got a good deal at honda as first fiddle and took it. Ktm then kept the bike...
If i remember correctly he signed way early. He got a good deal at honda as first fiddle and took it. Ktm then kept the bike away from him. He never got s chance to ride it. And that bike was the game changer for ktm. They finally had a bike that was equal to jap bikes.
Yeah right. KTM kept the new bike away from him. He was riding Suzuki’s before he signed with Honda. Honda did what they often do, bought...
Yeah right. KTM kept the new bike away from him. He was riding Suzuki’s before he signed with Honda. Honda did what they often do, bought the number one plate.
Oops i meant rch not honda....
2/20/2019 6:24am
The KTM is a great bike. But all the factory bikes are crafted for each rider. If this was the case you wouldn't have seen Eli outdoors destroying the field on the pre 18-19 bike. Kenny is doing great. It's always been advantageous for a rider to win multiple rounds. Their confidence usually soars and with the correct off season they just take off from that point, right now that guy is Webb. This is honestly in my opinion one of the best seasons we have seen in a while with so many in close title contemption. A lot of what is going to make a rider win is what he has going on upstairs.
cody41
2/20/2019 10:07am
Tarz483 wrote:
KTM came out with a much better bike right when Ken left
I always wondered if he ever got to test it before he left?
resetjet wrote:
The 2016 450sxf might go down as one of the biggest POS bikes in history. The whole 2016 ktm mx line for that matter.
Bramlett321
2/20/2019 10:31am
VRR7 wrote:
Kenny left KTM because the the bike was crap ! Roger tried to stop him as he knew the bike was crap but he had fixed...
Kenny left KTM because the the bike was crap ! Roger tried to stop him as he knew the bike was crap but he had fixed a lot of the problems and the next years model was going to be much improved, which is was. Still Kenny loved the Suzuki as showed in his results. IMO Dungey was faster on the Suzuki as well. Roger did good work on improving the KTM and today the KTM MX bikes are good bikes. The worst thing about KTM's extremely successful marketing campaign is the indoctrinated cult followers that makes the brand repulsive. It is like being forced to join the Moonie cult and then give the orange garb wearers all your money ? Who willingly falls into that trap?

Kenny is lacking in Mojo and understandably is not as gung ho as he was before his injuries , he is a lot more tentative and given his experiences the past couple of years he naturally would be. Aldon on the other hand has help Webb find his mojo.

What bike should Marvin be ridding ? He was beaten by Kenny on the wrong bike, which means MM was on a worse wrong bike.He should have never left Honda mid contract for KTM money , clever steal. Even KTM knows "It is not the bike !" KTM are great at poaching all the top riders and that is how the win - Honda are useless at that game ask RC " ... If Alta had not closed down ..... Justin Hill would have won ... LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Man are you serious.....!!!??? You're as wrong as any human on planet earth has ever been. Everything you just said has made us all a little bit more retarded. Have you owned a KTM, ridden all those years/models of KTM?
keinz
2/20/2019 10:40am
There wasn't room under the KTM tent for two top dogs
HusqFan3
2/20/2019 10:56am
PTECH wrote:
At the professional level, its not the bike. Any top rider can win on any machine they get comfortable on. Look at RC. Dude won championships...
At the professional level, its not the bike. Any top rider can win on any machine they get comfortable on. Look at RC. Dude won championships on 3 different bikes. A lot of the top riders have done it on multiple different bikes. Do you think RV couldn't have won championships on a Suzuki or a KTM? Of course he could have.
As you can tell by my handle, I’m a proud Husky owner(i.e. white KTM) yet couldn’t agree more with the above statement. 95% rider, 5% machine.
TeamGreen
2/20/2019 11:01am
keinz wrote:
There wasn't room under the KTM tent for two top dogs
Huh?

Cooper Webb 150
Ken Roczen 148
Marvin Musquin 146
Eli Tomac. 136

There's 2 KTM's in the Top 3 of SX.
They're FOUR points apart.
2/20/2019 11:38am
4csHATER wrote:
You know whats funny, that Ktm and honda had the same momentum when accelerating from the turn to the finish, that krm accelerated faster than the...
You know whats funny, that Ktm and honda had the same momentum when accelerating from the turn to the finish, that krm accelerated faster than the honda, The ktm is pretty much bone stock, the honda however is using a Pankl or carillo setup (same as ktm) and ceramic bearings (same as ktm) and the ktm still accelerated better. Could it have been the fuel-ignition timing?
You can not be serious.
2/20/2019 12:26pm
A more concerned question riders should be thinking about is not what bike Roczen is on but how fast is this guy gonna be when he’s back to being healthy. Busted up limbs and the guy is still one of the fastest out there
kiwifan
2/20/2019 3:22pm
4csHATER wrote:
You know whats funny, that Ktm and honda had the same momentum when accelerating from the turn to the finish, that krm accelerated faster than the...
You know whats funny, that Ktm and honda had the same momentum when accelerating from the turn to the finish, that krm accelerated faster than the honda, The ktm is pretty much bone stock, the honda however is using a Pankl or carillo setup (same as ktm) and ceramic bearings (same as ktm) and the ktm still accelerated better. Could it have been the fuel-ignition timing?
You can not be serious.
The difference is not the bikes, it is how they entered the last corner, Roczen was offline and bouncing around, Webb had the good line and traction....it is THAT simple
2/20/2019 3:44pm
4csHATER wrote:
You can not be serious.
kiwifan wrote:
The difference is not the bikes, it is how they entered the last corner, Roczen was offline and bouncing around, Webb had the good line and...
The difference is not the bikes, it is how they entered the last corner, Roczen was offline and bouncing around, Webb had the good line and traction....it is THAT simple
Exactly. I honestly couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic. This isn't drag racing. There are many variables. The fastest bike isn't what wins you races.
Helda
2/20/2019 4:31pm
BobPA wrote:
Why is it that everyone acts like Kenny is the only rider who has been injured? All the top riders have had big time crashes/injuries. Kenny...
Why is it that everyone acts like Kenny is the only rider who has been injured? All the top riders have had big time crashes/injuries. Kenny just posted more pictures on social media as compared to anyone else. Remember Eli’s shoulders? Moosecan’s shoulder, wrist, knee? Webb’s wrist? Cole’s hip? Etc.
JM485 wrote:
Nobody has even had close to the road Ken did to come back, give me a break.
BobPA wrote:
I do not want to sound like I am knocking Kenny, because he has true grit, and is a great dude on a bike. But, he...
I do not want to sound like I am knocking Kenny, because he has true grit, and is a great dude on a bike. But, he has just posted more updates on social media compared to any other rider on the roster.

Eli and his double shoulder surgery was a major recovery. He just did not make it known to the general public.

Pourcel laid flat on his back for 6 months not know if he would ever walk again. He made a very impressive comeback.

Cole Seeley has had a massive hip injury, but no one talks about that.

Look at Moosecans first ride in the USA outdoors. His wrist was toast.

Barcia also broke his hip, and has had massive injuries in the last few years.

Deano has had 3? ACL surgeries in the last few years? Not including other injuries.

Bogle? Reed? Baggett? Anderson? Webb? Joey?

All of these guys get hurt, bad.

And a guy named Villapoto that snapped 2 legs then come back to win 4sx titles and a few MX titles for good meassure.
Helda
2/20/2019 4:33pm
A more concerned question riders should be thinking about is not what bike Roczen is on but how fast is this guy gonna be when he’s...
A more concerned question riders should be thinking about is not what bike Roczen is on but how fast is this guy gonna be when he’s back to being healthy. Busted up limbs and the guy is still one of the fastest out there
What limbs are busted

Post a reply to: Kenny should have never left KTM.

The Latest