Kenny should have never left KTM.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2019 1:56 PM

I know web is fast, kenny had some severe injuries, and factory jap bikes are just as good. However, At this moment and at other moments in time, that ktm just looks super dialed in. Watch the race again and just pay attention to coop, marvs and kennys bike. It seem like you can put that thing anywhere. If kenny never left i wonder how many titles he would have? Such an awesome determined rider....

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

2/17/2019 1:56 PM

Its more than just the bike...

|

2/17/2019 1:57 PM

It's not the bike

|

2/17/2019 1:59 PM

Yeah, that title he got with Suzuki doesn't count.

|

2/17/2019 2:00 PM

And he was dominating on the Honda before the first accident.

|

2/17/2019 2:03 PM

No, he should go to the team that will have the most dialed bike in the future.

|

2/17/2019 2:06 PM

bruh he’s almost had like two arms removed from his body in two years. Give the bike some slack lol

|

2/17/2019 2:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2019 2:16 PM

These guys gotta follow the money to a certain extent too, it is a job afterall. They'd all be taking it easy at chicken lick's raceway if it was just a hobby. Kenny flossin' his designer suit at A1 the year he signed with Honda shows that they cashed him out pretty good IMO.

|

2/17/2019 2:12 PM

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

2/17/2019 2:12 PM

alotta corners where Webb's running the KTM way down on the inside and makes it look effortless. Bike ... rider...?

|

2/17/2019 2:17 PM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

These guys gotta follow the money to a certain extent too, it is a job afterall. They'd all be taking it easy at chicken lick's raceway if it was just a hobby. Kenny flossin' his designer suit at A1 the year he signed with Honda shows that they cashed him out pretty good IMO.

ok it has nothing to do with the bike.....when guys are all within a tenth of a second of each other, it has alot to do with the bike. But hey what do i know the guys above know it all.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

2/17/2019 2:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2019 2:24 PM

Oops didnt mean to quote above post.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

2/17/2019 2:22 PM

Even the stock Honda is known to have hard hitting power. Maybe Kenny needs a softer power curve late in the race to seal the deal. Obviously losing 15 pounds is gonna help, but I'd bet Webb's KTM has smoother power too and that's why he's fresher at the end of the race.

|

2/17/2019 2:24 PM

resetjet wrote:

I know web is fast, kenny had some severe injuries, and factory jap bikes are just as good. However, At this moment and at other moments in time, that ktm just looks super dialed in. Watch the race again and just pay attention to coop, marvs and kennys bike. It seem like you can put that thing anywhere. If kenny never left i wonder how many titles he would have? Such an awesome determined rider....

Chop off one of your arms, sew it back on and let's see how well you do.

|

2/17/2019 2:26 PM

mooch wrote:

alotta corners where Webb's running the KTM way down on the inside and makes it look effortless. Bike ... rider...?

This^^^ I first noticed that when Dungey moved to KTM. It was like he was riding a "shorter" track! Even if riding a KTM is only the slight advantage, at this level any edge is enormous.

|

2/17/2019 2:29 PM

Jesus these threads. Kenny killed it on Suzuki and he’s been killing it on Honda. Dude has 2 robot arms and he’s 2 points down right now. Hasn’t been outside the top 5 yet. We get it OP you own a ktm yet your still the slowest guy on the track.

|

2/17/2019 2:30 PM

Flip109 wrote:

bruh he’s almost had like two arms removed from his body in two years. Give the bike some slack lol

Which in itself is very impressive to say the least. Destroyed a foot in a bad crash in 07 & had to have a couple surgeries with a 3rd one that I didn't go through with. I'm probably at 85% now & couldn't imagine what KR94 has to deal with at his level of racing.
It doesn't matter what bike he would be on the fact that he's within the top points & has almost won is incedible & defies logic that most vitards couldn't understand or comprehend.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

2/17/2019 2:31 PM

Sluggo77 wrote:

This^^^ I first noticed that when Dungey moved to KTM. It was like he was riding a "shorter" track! Even if riding a KTM is only the slight advantage, at this level any edge is enormous.

Too bad that advantage couldn't help him vs Villopoto...

|

2/17/2019 2:36 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Jesus these threads. Kenny killed it on Suzuki and he’s been killing it on Honda. Dude has 2 robot arms and he’s 2 points down right now. Hasn’t been outside the top 5 yet. We get it OP you own a ktm yet your still the slowest guy on the track.

These weekly mighty KTM threads are comical...

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

2/17/2019 2:37 PM

mooch wrote:

alotta corners where Webb's running the KTM way down on the inside and makes it look effortless. Bike ... rider...?

Sluggo77 wrote:

This^^^ I first noticed that when Dungey moved to KTM. It was like he was riding a "shorter" track! Even if riding a KTM is only the slight advantage, at this level any edge is enormous.

I will say I was there last night and in a few corners he was going way inside hard and the bike just stuck and turned on a dime. Was very impressive. it’s like he could go wherever he wanted in the corners.

|

2/17/2019 2:39 PM

mooch wrote:

alotta corners where Webb's running the KTM way down on the inside and makes it look effortless. Bike ... rider...?

Sluggo77 wrote:

This^^^ I first noticed that when Dungey moved to KTM. It was like he was riding a "shorter" track! Even if riding a KTM is only the slight advantage, at this level any edge is enormous.

Timo_2824 wrote:

Too bad that advantage couldn't help him vs Villopoto...

you mean the Villopoto who was one of the all time greats of the sport!

|

2/17/2019 2:41 PM

U guys saying he killed it on suzuki seem to be forgetting the entire year that he struggled on suzuki... Yes the second season outdoors he did well but it took until the very end of his contract to get back to where he was on ktm....and also he left ktm before the 16 chassis came out so he missed out on the big improvements ktm has had. The 15 chassis was good by all accounts but the 16+ has been great at the pro level.

I also think he made a mistake leaving.

|

2/17/2019 2:44 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Jesus these threads. Kenny killed it on Suzuki and he’s been killing it on Honda. Dude has 2 robot arms and he’s 2 points down right now. Hasn’t been outside the top 5 yet. We get it OP you own a ktm yet your still the slowest guy on the track.

H4L wrote:

These weekly mighty KTM threads are comical...

It’s insane. I’m gonna start a kawi thread now on why everyone should own a kawi 250. I mean look at AC And Forkner? If they ever leave green they will never be successful again

|

2/17/2019 3:06 PM

Markturbo wrote:

And he was dominating on the Honda before the first accident.

For 3 races...

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

2/17/2019 3:10 PM

Markturbo wrote:

And he was dominating on the Honda before the first accident.

Yes quite the massive sample size. Won one race with a gap got stalked by Dungey the next race and crashed his brains out the 3rd. Complete domination

|

2/17/2019 3:11 PM

If it’s not at least partly about the bike, Kenny should jump on that Yamaha then he’ll definitely win. ?

|

2/17/2019 3:13 PM

Lots of debate here.

The bike Ken is on is fine, however I think KTM has had a slight advantage with their 450 for a few years for the top racers in the world.

|

2/17/2019 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2019 3:15 PM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

Even the stock Honda is known to have hard hitting power. Maybe Kenny needs a softer power curve late in the race to seal the deal. Obviously losing 15 pounds is gonna help, but I'd bet Webb's KTM has smoother power too and that's why he's fresher at the end of the race.

If you don't think that they can't get that bike to have the softest most perfect power delivery if that's Kenny's taste.... at the level of Factory Honda then you are sadly mistaken and should rethink life ??

|

2/17/2019 3:15 PM

At the professional level, its not the bike. Any top rider can win on any machine they get comfortable on. Look at RC. Dude won championships on 3 different bikes. A lot of the top riders have done it on multiple different bikes. Do you think RV couldn't have won championships on a Suzuki or a KTM? Of course he could have.

|

2/17/2019 3:25 PM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

Even the stock Honda is known to have hard hitting power. Maybe Kenny needs a softer power curve late in the race to seal the deal. Obviously losing 15 pounds is gonna help, but I'd bet Webb's KTM has smoother power too and that's why he's fresher at the end of the race.

Lightning78 wrote:

If you don't think that they can't get that bike to have the softest most perfect power delivery if that's Kenny's taste.... at the level of Factory Honda then you are sadly mistaken and should rethink life ??

I'm saying he could probably use switchable maps. The bike is obviously a beast, he keeps getting holeshots. But why do guys keep cutting inside him for the win? I don't think it's handling related.

Just because they CAN do something doesn't mean they will.. Where's his hydro clutch like KTM and Kawi? Are they not capable of making one?

|