Kenny 's Corner podcast.

ChrisB10
Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 6:56pm
http://pulpmx.com/stories/kennys-corner-shane-bess

New Kenny Watson(RCH) podcast. Good listen, takes an honest look at the industry.
|
bd
7/8/2015 11:55am
One of the best podcasts in sports. Honest, transparent, fucking truth podcast on Shane Bess's life.

Live the good life Shane. Stay in peace.
hvaughn88
7/8/2015 2:06pm
Man, that was a really good podcast. I had no idea about Kenny's background. Sure, he can be a little rough around the edges, but he seems like one of those guys that is genuine. Looking forward to some future episodes. Nice work, Kenny.

The Shop

swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
7/8/2015 3:00pm
Very good podcast. I didn't know about Kenny's past either, and it was nice to hear how genuine he is. I guess he's always been genuine, but this took it up another notch.

Bravo.
ChrisB10
7/8/2015 3:22pm
I dabbled in pain killers for a little while after dental work got me started on them. They are no joke and will take over you before you know it. Just a warning to anyone don't take them if you don't absolutely need them.
mj731
7/8/2015 5:02pm
I'm looking forward to listening to it. After hearing Kenny on the pulp show the other night I had a feeling it would be good. That was one of the best shows in a while and I think it was because of Watson. He has good insight and can keep Matthes in line too. He sounds like he's in a good place.
MX690
7/11/2015 4:18am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2015 4:49pm
It was a good podcast, it showed a side of the sport that is not really talked about. I'll definitely listen to more. Well done.
tprice07
7/11/2015 5:52am
I get the impression that maybe Shane Bess isn't 100% clean just yet. Growing up on a farm we hired a lot of people from the halfway house. Many were prior drug addicts. The few that remained clean were very ashamed of their past. Shane seems to still get a touch too excited about the "rough times"

I hope I'm entirely wrong but addiction is very challenging. Makes you wonder how deep into shit Hanny got.
bdub
7/11/2015 6:48am
tprice07 wrote:
I get the impression that maybe Shane Bess isn't 100% clean just yet. Growing up on a farm we hired a lot of people from the...
I get the impression that maybe Shane Bess isn't 100% clean just yet. Growing up on a farm we hired a lot of people from the halfway house. Many were prior drug addicts. The few that remained clean were very ashamed of their past. Shane seems to still get a touch too excited about the "rough times"

I hope I'm entirely wrong but addiction is very challenging. Makes you wonder how deep into shit Hanny got.
I have some experience in this matter, and I think its quite the opposite. People are ashamed when still using, and are more likely to talk freely about their past troubles when they have put them behind them.
jeffro413
7/11/2015 7:19am
Shane is a good guy for sure. Had him for AX 1 year. great podcast as well
JohnnyD13
7/11/2015 8:49am
I have always loved Kenny on the Pulpmx show. He is a natural at radio, and he cracks me up. I hope he gets a ton of good feedback so he comes on pulp more and does his own show. Awesome job Kenny!
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
7/11/2015 10:17am
ChrisB10 wrote:
I dabbled in pain killers for a little while after dental work got me started on them. They are no joke and will take over you...
I dabbled in pain killers for a little while after dental work got me started on them. They are no joke and will take over you before you know it. Just a warning to anyone don't take them if you don't absolutely need them.
I broke my pelvis and thumb crashing my dirtbike in February, they had me on OxyContin and morophene? for pain killers. I still have a lot left, got off that shit asap, heard to many horror stories of people getting screwed up and hooked on them.
I figured I'd rather deal with a little pain then have to deal with pill addiction.
TeamGreen
7/11/2015 11:28am
Listened to the entire show on the plane this morning.

Stoked fior Shane...& proud of what he's accomplished since December 27, 2012.

It's VERY COOL...the way Kenny get's these "Behind the Scenes" stories and brings awareness to important issues that are in the shadows of our sport.
ChrisB10
7/12/2015 11:01am
ChrisB10 wrote:
I dabbled in pain killers for a little while after dental work got me started on them. They are no joke and will take over you...
jjavaman wrote:
I broke my pelvis and thumb crashing my dirtbike in February, they had me on OxyContin and morophene? for pain killers. I still have a lot...
I broke my pelvis and thumb crashing my dirtbike in February, they had me on OxyContin and morophene? for pain killers. I still have a lot left, got off that shit asap, heard to many horror stories of people getting screwed up and hooked on them.
I figured I'd rather deal with a little pain then have to deal with pill addiction.
Smart man.
mx836
7/12/2015 11:32am
I have always stayed away from the pain killers as much as possible. Usually only take a few after being released from the hospital and deal with as much pain as possible before taking any. Makes me sick when I see other people taking them for "fun". I guess some just aren't smart enough to know that drugs can and will suck you in and ruin your life. And I'm not talking about the reefer here either. I was majorly disappointed when things didn't work out for Bess, but glad to hear he is making an effort to keep clean.
davistld01
7/12/2015 1:36pm
tprice07 wrote:
I get the impression that maybe Shane Bess isn't 100% clean just yet. Growing up on a farm we hired a lot of people from the...

bdub wrote:
I have some experience in this matter, and I think its quite the opposite. People are ashamed when still using, and are more likely to talk...
I have some experience in this matter, and I think its quite the opposite. People are ashamed when still using, and are more likely to talk freely about their past troubles when they have put them behind them.
I have to agree, also because of some personal experience. No way would he have spoken so freely about his addicted past if he was still using. You only talk freely about your past when it is indeed your "past".

Good podcast by Kenny. I like the guy a lot. And, I hope Shane goes on to have a healthy & happy life.
roost251
7/12/2015 2:06pm
Great job O.G. K Dub.

Always interested to hear what happened to Shane, myself being from the Ventura, he was our guy. Watson is from the 805 also. I loved the first show, keep it up kenny, don't tone it down and keep it as real as you can.
WeiserGuy
7/12/2015 4:36pm
Unbelievably good podcast. He illuminated the elephant in the room that no so many folks want to talk about. Why he had to be the one or the fact that something this in depth has taken so long is beyond me, but I'm super happy this came to fruition. Thank you very much Mr. Watson for discussing the dark trail that's deeply embedded into this sport we all love. Much respect and greatly appreciated it.
Mini Elsinore
7/12/2015 7:33pm
Mathes kept alluding to Watson being unhappy with his re-defined role at RCH. If he were to leave, he could easily slide into a media role. I wouldn't have said that 10 years ago..... Cool

Excellent first podcast from Mr. Watson. Keep 'em coming.
djc
7/12/2015 7:46pm
I think all things taken into consideration and it being his first pod cast i thought Kenny did really good once he got going. I can only see it going up from here. I would have actually liked to have heard more about the riders career condiering I had no clue who the due was. I know the show is not about that but either way good job Kenny. Clip Gibbs show.
7/12/2015 10:52pm
djc wrote:
I think all things taken into consideration and it being his first pod cast i thought Kenny did really good once he got going. I can...
I think all things taken into consideration and it being his first pod cast i thought Kenny did really good once he got going. I can only see it going up from here. I would have actually liked to have heard more about the riders career condiering I had no clue who the due was. I know the show is not about that but either way good job Kenny. Clip Gibbs show.
Clippy clippy on that Gibbs show for sure, Brittany Chiz though is the toughest on the ears so I doubt Gibbs' podcast could repeat as badly as the launch episode but still...
MX114
7/13/2015 4:34am
Been a big fan of watsons since I was kid and the moto xxx days. Hats off Kenny! First podcast was great and keep em coming.

Gump
Sandberm
7/13/2015 5:49am
I liked it too and what I liked was the calmness that Kenny went about his interview. Kenny was prepared you could tell. It was just a frank conversation and it was about the right length too. 48 minutes I think it was.

shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
7/28/2015 3:17pm
Anyone listen to the pulp show last night where this got brought up again? Talking about disappointing careers, Matthes mentioned Shane Bess, Keefer chimed in and said something along the lines of "I heard Shane Bess got jacked up recently" Matthes says "yea Watson did a podcast with him recently, and then yea he got jacked up afterwards".

Anyone know what that was about?
IceMan446
7/28/2015 3:49pm
shiftmx_22 wrote:
Anyone listen to the pulp show last night where this got brought up again? Talking about disappointing careers, Matthes mentioned Shane Bess, Keefer chimed in and...
Anyone listen to the pulp show last night where this got brought up again? Talking about disappointing careers, Matthes mentioned Shane Bess, Keefer chimed in and said something along the lines of "I heard Shane Bess got jacked up recently" Matthes says "yea Watson did a podcast with him recently, and then yea he got jacked up afterwards".

Anyone know what that was about?
He got stabbed, not sure the reason why or the other details.
hvaughn88
5/22/2016 4:30pm
My apologies for the bump, but did Kenny change the name of his podcast? Is he still doing it? I can't find it anywhere?
moto0852
5/22/2016 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 5:03pm
nope. they are done. he did one with DV that went sideways on him and had a few "hiccups" with some other guests and I assume he just figured it wasn't worth the hassle.
hvaughn88
5/22/2016 5:08pm
moto0852 wrote:
nope. they are done. he did one with DV that went sideways on him and had a few "hiccups" with some other guests and I assume...
nope. they are done. he did one with DV that went sideways on him and had a few "hiccups" with some other guests and I assume he just figured it wasn't worth the hassle.
Yeah I remember that happening, but I could have swore I read somewhere he was going to be doing another one

Post a reply to: Kenny 's Corner podcast.

The Latest