Kenny Opening Up About His Performance

6/6/2020 9:29am
How long has he got before Honda start looking for another lead-star? Whatever the reasons, Kenny was hired to deliver and hasn't done so. This is...
How long has he got before Honda start looking for another lead-star?
Whatever the reasons, Kenny was hired to deliver and hasn't done so. This is business to Honda who want to win.
Bonanza69 wrote:
So,who would you suggest?
Who might Honda go after you mean? Lets see, AC, Webb, maybe even Gajser. Money talks & Honda want to win. I suspect, & Honda have to be wondering if Kenny's time has passed. Time to look for another star they can mould in to the winner they so desire.
6/6/2020 9:31am
How long has he got before Honda start looking for another lead-star? Whatever the reasons, Kenny was hired to deliver and hasn't done so. This is...
Whatever the reasons, Kenny was hired to deliver and hasn't done so. This is business to Honda who want to win.
sclark309d wrote:
He is still better most days than everyone except Tomac. Who would Honda replace him with?
Its not about who is better than him RIGHT NOW. Its about who can be developed in to a winner for the future. Kenny is pretty much a 450 class vet now. He hasn't got long left.
Excaliburbmx
6/6/2020 9:44am
He is still capable of wins and a constant podium threat. But when he does not perform we get excuses from him and fans a like.

He is good just we have four or five good guys who can win at any week.
6/6/2020 9:55am
Asthma...dang! It was Honda forgetting to setup his bike for altitude at SLC 1. So now I'm 0-2 in our Roczen Excuse betting pool. What do you guys think for Sunday's race?

The Shop

RG1
6/6/2020 10:41am
cwel11 wrote:
Kenny seems like such a good dude and his talent is unquestionable. That being said I’ve struggled to like him since his 250 days for this...
Kenny seems like such a good dude and his talent is unquestionable. That being said I’ve struggled to like him since his 250 days for this very reason. Every time he gets beat it’s an excuse. Hell I remember him saying something about his boot buckle being unhooked and distracting once after a loss. He’s come through some brutal crap no doubt and I want to root for the guy but excuses over the years and these posts just loose me. Never hear crap when he’s out front cruising to wins 🤔
I remember that, it was at Muddy Creek and his boot was pretty much hanging off to the point where you could see his sock. Definitely more than enough to be a distraction.

I hate that as soon as a rider opens up on issues they’re having people see it as excuses. He finished 25 seconds off the lead on Wednesday and it was blatantly obvious to see the drop off in the second half of the main.
kpiper
6/6/2020 10:43am
He is still capable of wins and a constant podium threat. But when he does not perform we get excuses from him and fans a like...
He is still capable of wins and a constant podium threat. But when he does not perform we get excuses from him and fans a like.

He is good just we have four or five good guys who can win at any week.
I see three guys who can win on any given race. Everyone else will need help from Eli, KR and CW to win a race.

Actually, they all need Eli to get a bad start to win a race.
tk2stroke
6/6/2020 10:44am
crowe176 wrote:
Its possible I'm a bad judge of character, but I've never take Ken as someone who doesn't tell exactly what he's thinking or feeling, almost to...
Its possible I'm a bad judge of character, but I've never take Ken as someone who doesn't tell exactly what he's thinking or feeling, almost to a fault. I've never doubted anything that kid has ever said. It's a miracle he can even still twist a throttle, let alone do it at a winning level in the premier class and premier race series of our sport.

We're lucky to have him in the sport. His best days might just be in the past, but I can almost guarantee he doesn't believe that.
I believe his best days are still to come. When he gets onto next years 220lb production based Honda and get off this 240lb generation of CRF450 I predict we are going to see the Kenny of the past.

For all the trolls that are going to say his Factory Honda is nothing like the production bike, don't bother. The foundation starts with a production bike and while the teams can vastly improv the bikes, you cannot change the foundation of the frame, cases, and in the case of the CRF the twice pipes. When the track gets rough Kenny falls off the pace and drops the anchor. When he's on a vastly better foundation his confidence will match his skill level and the results will follow.

Here is great video from Jeff Walker (I self admitted fan boy who bleeds read) comparing his speed and comfort on the KTM v Honda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwwZX84OD_o
Lastander
6/6/2020 10:49am
Asthma...dang! It was Honda forgetting to setup his bike for altitude at SLC 1. So now I'm 0-2 in our Roczen Excuse betting pool. What do...
Asthma...dang! It was Honda forgetting to setup his bike for altitude at SLC 1. So now I'm 0-2 in our Roczen Excuse betting pool. What do you guys think for Sunday's race?
Boiling fuel or stiff forks
MZ193
6/6/2020 10:50am
It wasnt affecting him when he was crushing it at the beginning of the season.....I just cant get on board with this
MZ193 wrote:
Are you aware that asthma may appear in particular conditions? For example i always had some problems since i was young, now i made some exams...
Are you aware that asthma may appear in particular conditions?
For example i always had some problems since i was young, now i made some exams and went to knowledge that i have some allergies that are getting worse with time.
And in some situations i have asthma problems.
Asthma isn't something to have fun of, i don't think you ever had an asthma attack.
Well, in the years i had some and i trust kenny.

Also, after all the injuries he had if his body isn't 100% fine every problem is accentuated.

I hope it makes sense
gregyou wrote:
I had asthma bad as kid it never affected me in sports until after I had stopped.
Maybe it was not as bad as mine/roczen.
When i get asthma i can barely take 5/6 stairs that i'm feeling bad.
Imagine having a 20/30 min moto.
MZ193
6/6/2020 10:52am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2020 10:53am
crowe176 wrote:
Its possible I'm a bad judge of character, but I've never take Ken as someone who doesn't tell exactly what he's thinking or feeling, almost to...
Its possible I'm a bad judge of character, but I've never take Ken as someone who doesn't tell exactly what he's thinking or feeling, almost to a fault. I've never doubted anything that kid has ever said. It's a miracle he can even still twist a throttle, let alone do it at a winning level in the premier class and premier race series of our sport.

We're lucky to have him in the sport. His best days might just be in the past, but I can almost guarantee he doesn't believe that.
tk2stroke wrote:
I believe his best days are still to come. When he gets onto next years 220lb production based Honda and get off this 240lb generation of...
I believe his best days are still to come. When he gets onto next years 220lb production based Honda and get off this 240lb generation of CRF450 I predict we are going to see the Kenny of the past.

For all the trolls that are going to say his Factory Honda is nothing like the production bike, don't bother. The foundation starts with a production bike and while the teams can vastly improv the bikes, you cannot change the foundation of the frame, cases, and in the case of the CRF the twice pipes. When the track gets rough Kenny falls off the pace and drops the anchor. When he's on a vastly better foundation his confidence will match his skill level and the results will follow.

Here is great video from Jeff Walker (I self admitted fan boy who bleeds read) comparing his speed and comfort on the KTM v Honda.

Okay, but the 2021 honda is going to be pretty similar to the 2020.
It isn't going to get the updates we expected - it's not going to be like gajser's honda.
I'm sorry to tell you that:
Also, for the public, 90% probability it won't have the hydro clutch.
level
6/6/2020 11:10am
Coming straight from the horses mouth and people still don’t believe. It’s hard to stay healthy 100 percent of the time and you have to be at top of your game to win. He still beat most the people on the track. I knew something was going on. He doesn’t fade.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
6/6/2020 11:18am
It’s something, he can go from being the fastest guy on the track to 10 minutes later being 2-3 seconds off. The talent is there. Will most likely never see pre injury Ken but at least he still gives you moments.
chaseodc
6/6/2020 11:18am
Everybody always complaining about the secrecy in mx, Kenny says what he's got going on and the masses call BS. Weird...
kiwifan
6/6/2020 3:30pm
crowe176 wrote:

tk2stroke wrote:
I believe his best days are still to come. When he gets onto next years 220lb production based Honda and get off this 240lb generation of...

MZ193 wrote:
Okay, but the 2021 honda is going to be pretty similar to the 2020. It isn't going to get the updates we expected - it's not...
It isn't going to get the updates we expected - it's not going to be like gajser's honda.
cool, can you tell us how you know that? I missed the press release
kiwifan
6/6/2020 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2020 4:20pm
crowe176 wrote:

tk2stroke wrote:

So because Jeff prefers the KTM then thats the reason for Kenny's results, because according to Jeff the KTM is a better bike?....despite the fact that a) thats Jeff's opinion not Kennys b) whether you fucking like it or not you cannot compare a factory bike to a production one and c) Jeff is not a loyal Honda boy, he does not bleed red or he would be on one now

Who is trolling? you, or everyone who disagrees with you?
6/6/2020 3:42pm
It’s ridiculous how this trend exists in vital. A couple average results (and by average I mean didn’t win) and your wondering when he will be sacked.

You realise he is running second in points right?
Second? As in 1 and then 2.

So by your logic everyone should be sacked and all manufacturers should hire ET3!!

Never seen a group of supporters that are so quick to rubbish the stars of the sport as this crowd.
cwel11
6/6/2020 3:55pm
cwel11 wrote:
Kenny seems like such a good dude and his talent is unquestionable. That being said I’ve struggled to like him since his 250 days for this...
Kenny seems like such a good dude and his talent is unquestionable. That being said I’ve struggled to like him since his 250 days for this very reason. Every time he gets beat it’s an excuse. Hell I remember him saying something about his boot buckle being unhooked and distracting once after a loss. He’s come through some brutal crap no doubt and I want to root for the guy but excuses over the years and these posts just loose me. Never hear crap when he’s out front cruising to wins 🤔
RG1 wrote:
I remember that, it was at Muddy Creek and his boot was pretty much hanging off to the point where you could see his sock. Definitely...
I remember that, it was at Muddy Creek and his boot was pretty much hanging off to the point where you could see his sock. Definitely more than enough to be a distraction.

I hate that as soon as a rider opens up on issues they’re having people see it as excuses. He finished 25 seconds off the lead on Wednesday and it was blatantly obvious to see the drop off in the second half of the main.
Hanging off to the point of seeing his sock? Uh nope. I’m not trashing Ken here. It’s just a pattern he has and it keeps me from giving him the respect he truly deserves that’s all. I’ve said before it may be how he’s wired as a professional athlete? Possibly not letting himself believe he got beat straight up to continue to mentally believe he’s superior. I honestly don’t know why he does it but I don’t believe I’m imagining it, and obviously there’s other people that picked up on it too.
Ozy
6/6/2020 3:56pm
Reading some of these posts makes me feel defensive for Kenny. Keep in mind every years there are over 20 losers and only 1 Champion.

Ken is a fan favorite who has won championships. He represents Honda very, very well and is consummate professional. I bet he sells quite a few Honda Race Bikes.

How many other racers in 2020 SX wish they were 2nd in the points and only 14 back with 5 rounds to go!!
BikeGuy321
6/6/2020 3:59pm
Honda should throw some Money at Ferrandis, IMO. Not the best starter, but he's gritty and seals the deal. Sexton is gonna be held back by small bobbles, like AC9, IMO.
Excaliburbmx
6/6/2020 4:32pm
Kenny is and can win on any day he ,Webb and et need no excuses they win some races.
Ken is just not as solid and comfortable as he was while ET was injured and Webb was not there yet.

How would it be if MM 25 was out there Ken would be having fits with him as well.
JM485
6/6/2020 6:02pm
Premix wrote:
Dudes got a little dog. Never trust people with little dogs or cats. Shifty MF’ers
JM485 wrote:
Definitely, never trust a shitty person like me who took a tiny cat in off the street and provided it with a safe home. You probably...
Definitely, never trust a shitty person like me who took a tiny cat in off the street and provided it with a safe home. You probably got your dog from a breeder didn’t you, shitty MF’ers that don’t adopt their pets I’ll tell ya. . .
TbonesPop wrote:
Ok, I have to admit I did laugh as his post - i took it as a joke. For the record, we've always adopted everyone of...
Ok, I have to admit I did laugh as his post - i took it as a joke. For the record, we've always adopted everyone of our pets, and one was a rescue from the desert (and on his last leg to stay alive). Most loyal animal ever. We also have a couple cats (which I wasn't a fan of initially but they've totally grown on me). Always had bigger dogs - but all honesty we don't look at the physical size of the animal when adopting. Its the size of the heart that matters. Love our pets. #Family.
He very well may have been and I just missed it, but I've met plenty of people in real life who are dead serious in that idiotic belief. It's absolutely mind blowing how stupid some people are when it comes to animals.
sclark309d
Fantasy
1944th
6/6/2020 6:37pm
sclark309d wrote:
He is still better most days than everyone except Tomac. Who would Honda replace him with?
Its not about who is better than him RIGHT NOW. Its about who can be developed in to a winner for the future. Kenny is pretty...
Its not about who is better than him RIGHT NOW. Its about who can be developed in to a winner for the future. Kenny is pretty much a 450 class vet now. He hasn't got long left.
"This is business to Honda who want to win."

Sounded like RIGHT NOW to me.

Since it is supposedly about the future, they seem to think Sexton has some potential.
ATKpilot99
6/6/2020 6:39pm
He's 13 points out with 5 rounds to go . It doesn't look good but he's not out of it by any stretch.
endurox
6/6/2020 7:00pm
My wife has asthma. Beet juice powder seems to help some while at altitude.
Premix
6/6/2020 7:07pm
JM485 wrote:
He very well may have been and I just missed it, but I've met plenty of people in real life who are dead serious in that...
He very well may have been and I just missed it, but I've met plenty of people in real life who are dead serious in that idiotic belief. It's absolutely mind blowing how stupid some people are when it comes to animals.
It was a joke. Deep breath, it’ll be okay. I have to tell my chick the same thing from time to time.

Now who wants to see my Mall crawler lifted truck?
Motodave15
6/6/2020 9:36pm
Sully wrote:
I know they test everyone in SLC for the virus, but I'd like to see them test Kenny and Webb for the antibodies. Just based off...
I know they test everyone in SLC for the virus, but I'd like to see them test Kenny and Webb for the antibodies. Just based off of how Webb looked at A1, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he came back positive for the antibody.
GuyB wrote:
To serve what purpose? To satisfy your curiosity? C'mon, man.
kpiper wrote:
Sure, it would be interesting to know if Webb had COVID back in January. It is very possible he did. Nothing bad about wondering that. I...
Sure, it would be interesting to know if Webb had COVID back in January. It is very possible he did. Nothing bad about wondering that. I bet Webb himself wonders if he had it.
Actually it would answer alot of questions, shit even for me.. because for 3 weeks of December i got sick asf... So since i couldn't be tested nor was it known about then.. if he did test positive hypothetically it could mean that it was here before everyone knew.
Motofinne
6/6/2020 11:39pm
500guy wrote:
isn't the Asthma meds Steroids? wonder how they get around WADA The guy was lightning fast for 8+ laps, I just figured he pumped up and...
isn't the Asthma meds Steroids? wonder how they get around WADA

The guy was lightning fast for 8+ laps, I just figured he pumped up and couldn't hang on.
Banned AF, because it actually works. Even for people that doesn't have asthma. But it's not an issue if you actually have asthma, a TUE should not be difficult to get.
MBR
6/7/2020 12:09am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2020 1:59am
tk2stroke wrote:

MZ193 wrote:
Okay, but the 2021 honda is going to be pretty similar to the 2020. It isn't going to get the updates we expected - it's not...
kiwifan wrote:
Actually PR on that is going to be out soon and let’s just say MZ193 has wrong information Wink
6/7/2020 12:44am
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Honda should throw some Money at Ferrandis, IMO. Not the best starter, but he's gritty and seals the deal. Sexton is gonna be held back by...
Honda should throw some Money at Ferrandis, IMO. Not the best starter, but he's gritty and seals the deal. Sexton is gonna be held back by small bobbles, like AC9, IMO.
Right....Ferrandis is a great rider...for sure he can do well in a Honda.....but honda seems invested in Sexton....lets see how Sexton do on MX during the summer......But Honda needs put some pressure on Roczen with a good/solid/championship caliber Teammate.

I also have lots of faith in Honda next bike, lighter, more flexible, powerful and rider friendly motorcycle
kiwifan
6/7/2020 1:34am
MZ193 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
MBR wrote:
Actually PR on that is going to be out soon and let’s just say MZ193 has wrong information Wink
ah ok thank you

Post a reply to: Kenny Opening Up About His Performance

The Latest