Ken almost had it!!!

JM485
Damn it, I wanted to see him win that so bad! He had it all the way but got totally screwed by lappers, the blue flag placement was horrible and there was nobody stationed for about half of the track to let these guys know to pull over. But man, that was the most exciting race I've ever attended, there was not one person in their seat for the entire last lap of that race, the intensity was just unreal. Had he pulled it off that place would have went absolutely nuts, I didn't think people could get any more excited when he passed Ando back, but damn it if he would have held on it would have been an absolute mad house. The first win is coming, and tonight showed it.
|
2/3/2018 9:51pm
It’s coming. He’s only 15 points down 5 races in. He will get his win soon...he’s only getting better. He honestly had that win if not for that dumb last lap mistake.
rutsmash
2/3/2018 9:52pm
It's gonna happen...Championship is not out of the question.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
2/3/2018 9:53pm
That step on/off was what cost him unfortunately...Sad Good shit though!Woohoo

The Shop

ATKpilot99
2/3/2018 9:53pm
He'll get it. What a race though. I was about to hit delete on the dvr but then thought nah I'll probably watch it again.
canuck250f
Fantasy
562nd
2/3/2018 9:55pm
From being basically an amputee last year to where he is right now is a championship in itself.

I am far from a fan of Honda and Roczen but mad respect for him for what he is doing right now!!

He will win again and as mentioned lot more races and he is in the hunt for sure.
2/3/2018 10:00pm
I was pulling for him to get that win, so close. Of course he's got nothing to be ashamed of with any of his results so far this year.
Steve 396
2/3/2018 10:03pm
Yea he almost had it but..... I wouldn't blame anyone else, all the frontrunners had to deal with flappers at sometime during the race. He day is coming sooner than later and his podium interview said it all. He was upset with himself.

I have never really been a fan but not a hater either. After seeing what he went through and how he has come back i am rooting for him for sure. He has what very few people really have. Grit and determination. .... Well done sir!
agn5009
2/3/2018 10:10pm
He's looking really good. It was an excellent last couple laps between him and Anderson. They should both be proud with the heart they put into it. They both fought til the end.
rutsmash
2/3/2018 10:22pm
The guy's video will be shown in boardrooms for years to come..the power of "I can overcome.." will be popular.
Rockinar
2/3/2018 10:25pm
ALMOST. Then he made a mistake under pressure and got beat by the faster rider.
bsharkey
2/3/2018 10:26pm
Watching him the last few laps it looks to me like he's still have some limitations with that arm and maybe not all the strength he has yet he was making a lot of mistakes that he typically doesn't. He was also holding a bit at the end of the race when he was done hopefully it keeps getting better and better
Akira
2/3/2018 10:33pm
Guys don't worry he took notes out of the Dunge and has been super consistent. He'll get a win but he needs to play carefully and he knows the championship is there. El hombre is on the edge and KR is right there a la Dungey.
FlaNard
2/3/2018 10:36pm
He's looking awesome. I'm not rooting for him in the slightest but he's right in it for sure. It's a two man show already and all it takes is one bad night from Anderson and this thing is neck and neck. Kenny is clearly still improving and he's a proven winner.
Mit12
2/4/2018 12:04am
Kenny needs to keep it off the ground and finish all the races something he has not done yet in SX. I was pulling for him to win even though I want Anderson to win the championship.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
2/4/2018 12:10am
Mit12 wrote:
Kenny needs to keep it off the ground and finish all the races something he has not done yet in SX. I was pulling for him...
Kenny needs to keep it off the ground and finish all the races something he has not done yet in SX. I was pulling for him to win even though I want Anderson to win the championship.
15 points down in second is nuts! He's basically doing a "Dungey"... Anderson is the one with the target now though, not on his helmet or gloves, but on his back!Woohoo
ledger
2/4/2018 12:52am
SO close !! and he's a championship contender....and a true badass too !
jeffro503
2/4/2018 1:09am
It would have been really cool to see Kenny win last night. He'll get one soon , and a few more after that I think. Defitely in the hunt.
2/4/2018 3:22am
The bigger victory Ken (and actually Anderson also) can take on a personal level from last night was being able to rebound after a dismal practice. It's not unusual for Ken to be lacklustre in timed qualifying, but still, that was quite a swing back and I'm sure a big confidence booster.

Was rooting for him to win but it will come if he keeps doing what he's doing. You have to love his riding style. There's not a rider I rather watch (even if he still isn't the same before his crash last year).
2/4/2018 3:35am
He certainly was experiencing some fatigue in the last few laps did not look smooth at all, Hopefully that arm continues to gain strength with these race hours.

I'm stokked for him, can't believe how well he's doing.
Rdubs19
2/4/2018 4:06am
I wanted him to get the win so bad. I'm still floored over his comeback man, it just seems so impossible. No wins yet but he is very much in the title fight. Just might podium this thing out all the way to Vegas. Anderson isn't Dungey, he could very well have a bad night and lose a ton of points.
matze
Fantasy
3097th
2/4/2018 4:12am
He certainly was experiencing some fatigue in the last few laps did not look smooth at all, Hopefully that arm continues to gain strength with these...
He certainly was experiencing some fatigue in the last few laps did not look smooth at all, Hopefully that arm continues to gain strength with these race hours.

I'm stokked for him, can't believe how well he's doing.
Nobody looked smooth in that race. That track was brutal
Drtbykr
2/4/2018 4:16am
He’s being smart, heroic and a little hard to watch too.

Before his accident, dude had f u speed. And his left hand doesn’t look too great on the podium.

It will be interesting if he ever gets the f you all speed back again. Saw it at the MEC in 2016, like a red Flash.
Or maybe he missed racing so much and Honda is paying him a fortune, he just needs to be out there and progressing.

So close last night, but he had no flow in the last couple of laps, offset by some balls out hairball speed moves by Anderson.

Time will tell I guess.
D_L118
2/4/2018 4:25am
Drtbykr wrote:
He’s being smart, heroic and a little hard to watch too. Before his accident, dude had f u speed. And his left hand doesn’t look too...

Before his accident, dude had f u speed. And his left hand doesn’t look too great on the podium.

It will be interesting if he ever gets the f you all speed back again. Saw it at the MEC in 2016, like a red Flash.
Or maybe he missed racing so much and Honda is paying him a fortune, he just needs to be out there and progressing.

So close last night, but he had no flow in the last couple of laps, offset by some balls out hairball speed moves by Anderson.

Time will tell I guess.
Good post. Good thing there are still 12 races left.
downard254
2/4/2018 4:37am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 4:38am
FlaNard wrote:
He's looking awesome. I'm not rooting for him in the slightest but he's right in it for sure. It's a two man show already and all...
He's looking awesome. I'm not rooting for him in the slightest but he's right in it for sure. It's a two man show already and all it takes is one bad night from Anderson and this thing is neck and neck. Kenny is clearly still improving and he's a proven winner.
I’m actually thinking it’s a three man show right now. Barcia did well to come back to 5th from a sub mid pack start on that track. He’s only 2 points behind Ken in the title hunt. I really was hoping to see a good start from Barcia to be up there with them, because I think he’d have been in the mix with them. Oh well, still waiting for the perfect storm, but last nights race was a good one.
Jamal#440
2/4/2018 6:36am
Drtbykr wrote:
He’s being smart, heroic and a little hard to watch too. Before his accident, dude had f u speed. And his left hand doesn’t look too...

Time will tell I guess.
Yeah I saw that F you all speed in 2016 too at RedBud but he should only use it outdoors or he might get busted up again indoors
BobPA
2/4/2018 7:51am
Akira wrote:
Guys don't worry he took notes out of the Dunge and has been super consistent. He'll get a win but he needs to play carefully and...
Guys don't worry he took notes out of the Dunge and has been super consistent. He'll get a win but he needs to play carefully and he knows the championship is there. El hombre is on the edge and KR is right there a la Dungey.
I mean you say Anderson is on the edge, but Kenny has had a lot more highlight reel saves and near yard sales....
Bultaco
2/4/2018 8:01am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 8:02am
I think Roczen (and Tomac) is riding at the limit of his previous injuries. No disgrace there, but little or no margin of error to stay ahead on a tough track. Or when the pucker factor rises.

Mad respect and Kenny was so close last night.

2/4/2018 8:15am
The way I see it: The track yesterday was super-gnarly and I think Kenny still has a mental thing with that. He was watching his steps. He was faster than Anderson on the less gnarly/more moto sections it seemed, especially around the finish line jump/start straight/pit section, and then lost some on the section before the whoops where he constantly took the inside, which looked clearly slower but safer.

And then as some of you have mentioned he probably got a bit tired and cautious which led to a few mess-ups in the rhythm after the woops. So in a sense it truly was a Dungey-esqu kind of a ride, as mentioned before.

If it keeps up like this I think Kenny will smoke everyone before the season ends. And then no one will have anything for him come outdoors Tongue
2/4/2018 8:31am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 8:31am
That track made those boys look like c riders. Had to be so damn difficult. Awesome experience to be a spectator. Probably nothin short of hell to ride it.

Post a reply to: Ken almost had it!!!

The Latest