Ken Rozcen racer x interview

Related:
Create New Tag

12/21/2017 11:19 AM

Just got this months magazine in. There is a lengthy interview with Kenny in it. I’m hoping he does well this season because if he doesn’t he is going to look like a total tool. I understand being mentally strong but basically saying your competition has no chance is a little to bold. I honestly miss when he was the friendly little German kid.

|

12/21/2017 11:27 AM

Personally I think he comes across as a little bit of a douchebag. I don't recall him always being that way.

I know who I'm rooting for in 2018 and it's not Kenny.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/21/2017 11:46 AM

Can someone please provide a brief summary or some examples that would help the rest of us understand why people aren't loving what he had to say?

\

|

12/21/2017 12:07 PM

i love Kenny and i love his "all me" attitude. fuck the haterz bro.

Jeremy won the fans by saying he was the best and actually going out and being the best. everyone loved his cocky attitude.

time will tell if Kenny is back to his normal speed. if he is, Eli and friends are in for a very long season(s). everyone forgets he won 20 out of 24 motos in '16.

|

12/21/2017 12:33 PM

When you've got 584 points out of 600 possible points the last MX season and won both SX races you last raced (well A2 not counted), you better think that you're better than the rest.
Everyone would think the same way. If they say it or not is another story, but I believe at least partly Kenny does that for PR reasons. He has everyone talking about him. No matter if he wins races or sits on the couch.

|

12/21/2017 12:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2017 12:46 PM

I don't mind it, but I do think something changed about a year ago with how he acts. I noticed on social media he seems to follow everything Mcgregor posts and leading up to SX last year he started using a lot of the same kind of wording that Mcgregor uses, for example "I'm changing the game" and stuff like that. I noticed it early on but Anderson called him out as well haha like crusty said I think he does it to get people talking and it seems to be working

|

12/21/2017 1:20 PM

Could someone post up the interview?

|

12/21/2017 1:27 PM

So people hate on Kenny because he calls himself the best? What are we girls?? Grow up people the dude can be cocky because of the stuff he’s done in the past.

|

12/21/2017 1:30 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Could someone post up the interview?

https://goo.gl/jJsXsB

|

12/21/2017 1:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2017 1:34 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

So people hate on Kenny because he calls himself the best? What are we girls?? Grow up people the dude can be cocky because of the stuff he’s done in the past.

No one's hating on him.. don't get your panties in a bunch. The point is there is plenty of examples of more accomplished riders being a lot more humble, i.e Ryan Dungey, Ryan Villopoto to name a couple. Does that mean Kenny's approach is bad or wrong? No, of course not, Kenny's a badass and I fully expect him to come out at A1 swinging but don't expect everyone to eat it up like you do.

|

12/21/2017 2:01 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

So people hate on Kenny because he calls himself the best? What are we girls?? Grow up people the dude can be cocky because of the stuff he’s done in the past.

jorgechavez wrote:

No one's hating on him.. don't get your panties in a bunch. The point is there is plenty of examples of more accomplished riders being a lot more humble, i.e Ryan Dungey, Ryan Villopoto to name a couple. Does that mean Kenny's approach is bad or wrong? No, of course not, Kenny's a badass and I fully expect him to come out at A1 swinging but don't expect everyone to eat it up like you do.

I just think being cocky is not a bad thing. If I won 20/24 motos and smoked tomac I would be cocky as well. Especially after he crash I think it’s good that he has this attitude. If he knows he can win again I’m not doubting that.

|

12/21/2017 2:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2017 2:21 PM

peelout wrote:

i love Kenny and i love his "all me" attitude. fuck the haterz bro.

Jeremy won the fans by saying he was the best and actually going out and being the best. everyone loved his cocky attitude.

time will tell if Kenny is back to his normal speed. if he is, Eli and friends are in for a very long season(s). everyone forgets he won 20 out of 24 motos in '16.

I agree. I was a Dungey fan since way back in '08, and now that's he's retired, well, just today I finally pulled down my Nicky Hayden profile pic and put up my new one. Kenny can be a bit arrogant, but he's likable, fast as hell, and after that crash last year, if he can pull of the title, then I say "Hell Yea!" He's my pick for the SX title this year. I just have the gut feeling that he's due.

Edit: On a side note guys, I have a feeling that if Kenny is on it this year, when him and Tomac get near each other on the track, we are going to see some battling for laps at a time, and not just a one pass and gone. Neither guy seems to me to be the type to get passed and just give up on the position. At least I hope like hell that's how things turn out. I don't see Marvin being able to match pace and fight for multiple laps. I also don't see Webb being able to run their pace, but on the rare night that Coop is on pace, he will duke it out with them. That's a big if though.

|

12/21/2017 2:22 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

I just think being cocky is not a bad thing. If I won 20/24 motos and smoked tomac I would be cocky as well. Especially after he crash I think it’s good that he has this attitude. If he knows he can win again I’m not doubting that.

Anyone that follows moto knows that Tomac was not yet fully recovered from his double shoulder surgery during the 2016 outdoors,he was also new to the Kawasaki. Tomac seemed to handle Kenny all right when they were both on 250's. I think some people are forgetting just how fast Tomac was last year in supercross. He was actually toying with everybody, including Dungey, at the Vegas final.

|

12/21/2017 2:26 PM

Wells423 wrote:

Just got this months magazine in. There is a lengthy interview with Kenny in it. I’m hoping he does well this season because if he doesn’t he is going to look like a total tool. I understand being mentally strong but basically saying your competition has no chance is a little to bold. I honestly miss when he was the friendly little German kid.

Fuck he just overcame a life changing event that even you BADASS moto studs would have wilted after like yer dicks do when trying to satisfy a hot babe. Without confidence yer nothing... you guys know what I mean.

|

12/21/2017 2:28 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Could someone post up the interview?

Buy the mag you cheap fuck.

|

12/21/2017 2:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2017 2:39 PM

Kruse317 wrote:

I don't mind it, but I do think something changed about a year ago with how he acts. I noticed on social media he seems to follow everything Mcgregor posts and leading up to SX last year he started using a lot of the same kind of wording that Mcgregor uses, for example "I'm changing the game" and stuff like that. I noticed it early on but Anderson called him out as well haha like crusty said I think he does it to get people talking and it seems to be working

Agree with this. And the suit before A1 last year. Personally I don't like it because it feels fake, kind of lame trying to be someone else. He wasn't like this before going to America and his first years there. It definitely started before his injury

Still a fan and pulling for him to win though

|

12/21/2017 2:43 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Could someone post up the interview?

BobbyM wrote:

Buy the mag you cheap fuck.

I get the print version but nothing has showed up yet.

|

12/21/2017 2:43 PM

He look that sport with a bit of contempt and arrogance and that sport doesn't like this kinf of riders in my opinon. This is not MMA.

From experience, when you're arrogant, a little contemptuous with this sport, one day, you'll pay for it.

Dungey had a measured approach, it's a form of respect for this sport and a lot of humble champions.

RC same, his confidence, he showed on the track, no blabla.

Kenny put a lot of unnecessary pressure on his shoulders imo.

I m not fan, i prefer : "I let my ride do the talking" approache.

I wish him the best.

(I don't know if my sentence is understandable, sry)




|

12/21/2017 3:06 PM

God forbid someone have a personality.

|

12/21/2017 3:28 PM

nascarnate326 wrote:

God forbid someone have a personality.

Yea that's Just him he says what's on his mind he does'nt care about being PC and I respect him for that it makes the sport fun and if he wins a1 that is going to get in tomac's head so bad

|

12/21/2017 3:37 PM

So let me see if I have this straight: The sport needs more guys who speak their minds like Cooper Webb and Ken Roczen...until they speak their mind, then they're disrespectful and cocky? Great googly moogly...

|

12/21/2017 3:48 PM

To be the best, you have to believe you are the best. There is no 2nd guessing. Some people will never understand.

|

12/21/2017 3:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2017 3:51 PM

Sully wrote:

So let me see if I have this straight: The sport needs more guys who speak their minds like Cooper Webb and Ken Roczen...until they speak their mind, then they're disrespectful and cocky? Great googly moogly...

So when roczen talks a little trash and says he's going to win a1 that does'nt get you excited to watch the race

|

12/21/2017 4:09 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

So people hate on Kenny because he calls himself the best? What are we girls?? Grow up people the dude can be cocky because of the stuff he’s done in the past.

This is what Tony Cairoli had to say on this topic (talking about Herlings) in the last issue of the digital magazine OTOR-ontrackoffroad:
"Jeffrey is a big talent. Very fast. I don't think his technique is one of the best but he puts in so much work on the bike. He is very strong the whole moto and has a lot of power. He rides more on his strength and energy than technique; I like riders who use their technique and who are cleaner with that but everyone has his own style. I'm also different to him with my mentality. I never say 'I am the best' or 'nobody can beat me' and he is the one that will say that. I don't like that so much. There is always someone better than you! So I never had that mentality in my head... but I also think it is a little bit typical of the Dutch! If they start to get near the top then they start to 'fly' a little bit. Of course there are also italians like this but it is not my case. I have never said 'I am the best try to beat me'. I have just tried to show it through my career."

Here is the full interview (with many details on the past two years injuries):

http://ontrackoffroad.com/magazines/otor-170-december-19th/

|

12/21/2017 4:33 PM

1 of 3 things are going to happen at A1:

1) Kenny wins
2) Kenny comes out mellow takes a 4th or 5th and builds steam, realizes its a long season
3) Kenny ends up in Matthes nets

1 and 3 have a very high probability of happening

|

12/21/2017 4:36 PM

Sully wrote:

So let me see if I have this straight: The sport needs more guys who speak their minds like Cooper Webb and Ken Roczen...until they speak their mind, then they're disrespectful and cocky? Great googly moogly...

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

So when roczen talks a little trash and says he's going to win a1 that does'nt get you excited to watch the race

Hell yeah it does! I'm on your side here. My comment was about the people who bitch about Dungey being bland, then turn around and bitch again when Kenny or Webb say what's on their minds.

|

12/21/2017 5:01 PM

Being confident and cocky is one thing. I believe everyone that is great at something has that in them. Shit talking trainers and your competition personally is foolish in my opinion. He’s kind of left himself no net. Win or look like a shit talking fool. How well did that fare for Bagget after his one win?

|

12/21/2017 5:24 PM

question i have is, will any rider test out his arm at A1 .i could see anderson or tomac putting him on the ground at A1 just to make sure that arm is ok . imo all the shit talking he is doing will bite him in the ass at one stage. i dont care what way he acts, myself , i do like seeing riders more outspoken .but i also think if he is acting like a cocky as
shole , you should be able to say it with out being just called a hater

|

12/21/2017 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2017 5:49 PM

Sully wrote:

Hell yeah it does! I'm on your side here. My comment was about the people who bitch about Dungey being bland, then turn around and bitch again when Kenny or Webb say what's on their minds.

Mybad I read it wrong but yea I agree with you they can't be both

|

12/21/2017 7:41 PM

Havent read the interview in the magazine, but every other interview ive read with KR recently is not that cocky. Sure he says that he has the speed to win but he never says he will go out and crush everyone at a1. Hes just happy to be out there

|