Ken Roczen to Compete in FIM World Supercross

ML512
Fantasy
54th
Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 1:58pm
On my phone so working on embed but announcement just went out. He’s committed but doesn’t have a team yet…this could play a huge part in what he does for 2023 and beyond.

|
Mossy940
6/30/2022 7:42am
Kills me to think he never got it done in SX.

Ken on that Honda should have been an unstoppable force…but that damn endo. This sport is brutal
scootch
6/30/2022 7:42am
Holy moly.... This thing is growing legs
KONG
6/30/2022 7:43am
Well I guess now we know who's gonna be the World Champion...
Laughing

The Shop

zlowery
6/30/2022 7:46am
So much parallelism with whats going on in golf with the LIV league. Going to be interesting! Love seeing riders get paid!
KONG
6/30/2022 7:47am
Mossy940 wrote:
Kills me to think he never got it done in SX. Ken on that Honda should have been an unstoppable force…but that damn endo. This sport...
Kills me to think he never got it done in SX.

Ken on that Honda should have been an unstoppable force…but that damn endo. This sport is brutal
Right now, for Roczen, less competition is just what the doctor ordered...
Wink

slowgti
6/30/2022 7:47am
Biiiiig news for the start up series
tingo
6/30/2022 7:48am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 7:50am
Here is the press release:

https://wsxchampionship.com/ken-roczen-to-compete-in-the-2022-fim-wsx-c…

AUSTRALIA (July 1, 2022) – SX Global, the Australian sports and entertainment company spearheading the FIM World Supercross Championship (WSX), is pleased to announce that two-time 450 motocross champion Ken Roczen has officially committed to compete in the 2022 FIM-sanctioned World Supercross Championship series, slated to begin in early October.

One of the most successful and prominent riders in the sport, Roczen, a 28-year-old German native,
comes to WSX boasting an impressive resume, including 48 combined professional 450cc and 250cc victories at events around the world. The 2022 WSX Global Championship will see Roczen bring his incredible talent and championship pedigree to thousands of die-hard fans in stadiums around the world throughout the inaugural three-round series. Roczen is currently in negotiations to finalize an agreement to compete for one of the series’ 10 exclusively licensed teams, with details to be released by the team once an agreement is finalized.

“The WSX series is a unique opportunity to compete on a truly global scale, and I’m thrilled to be a part of that,” said Roczen. “I haven’t raced oversees in a very long time so I’m looking forward to bringing supercross to die-hard fans at these international events in 2022, all while competing for an FIM-sanctioned world title. I’m thrilled for what will no doubt be an unbelievable experience and a fantastic springboard for a full assault on my 2023 Supercross and Motocross championship goals.”

“Ken Roczen is an absolute superstar of supercross, recognized across the globe. To have him compete in our inaugural season as we usher in a new, global era of supercross, is nothing short of incredible,” said Adam Bailey, director – Motorsport of SX Global. “Ken embodies all the qualities that make supercross athletes, the toughest and most inspirational athletes in the world. It’s only fitting that he become one of our marquee challengers for the 2022 FIM World Championship crown.”

The FIM World Supercross Championship will annually take place in the second half of the year, with 2022 events from late October through November. 2022 will serve as a “pilot” season, allowing the championship to establish itself and build momentum going into 2023. From 2023, and subsequent years, will see the FIM World Supercross Championship expand annually between June and November, with up to twelve events in 2023.

Message to Juck: THIS is how you name a thread title when you're trying to break news. "Big if true" sounds more like a "that's what she said."
USA
Fantasy
507th
6/30/2022 7:48am
Genova gotta be kicking himself for signing Seeley instead of waiting for KRoc
davis224
Fantasy
138th
6/30/2022 7:49am
Hopefully it'll help boost his confidence for 2023 SX, if he ends up racing it. This does leave me wondering what 2023 is going to look like for him.
Johnny Ringo
6/30/2022 7:52am
Coty Schock - 2025 450 Motocross Champion. Outdueled Henry Miller for the title
ATKpilot99
6/30/2022 7:53am
davis224 wrote:
Hopefully it'll help boost his confidence for 2023 SX, if he ends up racing it. This does leave me wondering what 2023 is going to look...
Hopefully it'll help boost his confidence for 2023 SX, if he ends up racing it. This does leave me wondering what 2023 is going to look like for him.
Definitely since his Honda contract is up . By committing to one of these teams doesn't that rule out racing AMA SX ?
Juck
Fantasy
330th
6/30/2022 7:53am
tingo wrote:
Here is the press release: https://wsxchampionship.com/ken-roczen-to-compete-in-the-2022-fim-wsx-championship/ AUSTRALIA (July 1, 2022) – SX Global, the Australian sports and entertainment company spearheading the FIM World Supercross Championship (WSX)...

AUSTRALIA (July 1, 2022) – SX Global, the Australian sports and entertainment company spearheading the FIM World Supercross Championship (WSX), is pleased to announce that two-time 450 motocross champion Ken Roczen has officially committed to compete in the 2022 FIM-sanctioned World Supercross Championship series, slated to begin in early October.

One of the most successful and prominent riders in the sport, Roczen, a 28-year-old German native,
comes to WSX boasting an impressive resume, including 48 combined professional 450cc and 250cc victories at events around the world. The 2022 WSX Global Championship will see Roczen bring his incredible talent and championship pedigree to thousands of die-hard fans in stadiums around the world throughout the inaugural three-round series. Roczen is currently in negotiations to finalize an agreement to compete for one of the series’ 10 exclusively licensed teams, with details to be released by the team once an agreement is finalized.

“The WSX series is a unique opportunity to compete on a truly global scale, and I’m thrilled to be a part of that,” said Roczen. “I haven’t raced oversees in a very long time so I’m looking forward to bringing supercross to die-hard fans at these international events in 2022, all while competing for an FIM-sanctioned world title. I’m thrilled for what will no doubt be an unbelievable experience and a fantastic springboard for a full assault on my 2023 Supercross and Motocross championship goals.”

“Ken Roczen is an absolute superstar of supercross, recognized across the globe. To have him compete in our inaugural season as we usher in a new, global era of supercross, is nothing short of incredible,” said Adam Bailey, director – Motorsport of SX Global. “Ken embodies all the qualities that make supercross athletes, the toughest and most inspirational athletes in the world. It’s only fitting that he become one of our marquee challengers for the 2022 FIM World Championship crown.”

The FIM World Supercross Championship will annually take place in the second half of the year, with 2022 events from late October through November. 2022 will serve as a “pilot” season, allowing the championship to establish itself and build momentum going into 2023. From 2023, and subsequent years, will see the FIM World Supercross Championship expand annually between June and November, with up to twelve events in 2023.

Message to Juck: THIS is how you name a thread title when you're trying to break news. "Big if true" sounds more like a "that's what she said."
mine is better
Juck
Fantasy
330th
6/30/2022 7:54am
USA wrote:
Seely was hired for the 250 though
nd54
6/30/2022 7:55am
Does this mean he is out with HRC in the US?
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
6/30/2022 7:55am
Let's not get too crazy here.

MX Sports and Feld can still counter offer to make it more enticing for the riders IMO the U.S.Series still have the upper hand at the moment.

At best, what they get Musquin, Roczen, and Wilson for 2022? Guessing Webb and/or Tomac might try for 2023 based on their SX only contracts.
Johnny Ringo
6/30/2022 7:57am
mx 219 wrote:
Let's not get too crazy here. MX Sports and Feld can still counter offer to make it more enticing for the riders IMO the U.S.Series still...
Let's not get too crazy here.

MX Sports and Feld can still counter offer to make it more enticing for the riders IMO the U.S.Series still have the upper hand at the moment.

At best, what they get Musquin, Roczen, and Wilson for 2022? Guessing Webb and/or Tomac might try for 2023 based on their SX only contracts.
The writing is on the wall. The nationals are awesome for fans but suck for teams and riders. Now that there is another option. Bye bye
fourfourone
6/30/2022 8:01am
USA wrote:
Seeley is 250 plus I'm sure Krocs price tag is MUCH higher.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
6/30/2022 8:01am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 8:03am
davis224 wrote:
Hopefully it'll help boost his confidence for 2023 SX, if he ends up racing it. This does leave me wondering what 2023 is going to look...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Definitely since his Honda contract is up . By committing to one of these teams doesn't that rule out racing AMA SX ?
Who knows? Maybe he worked it out with Honda to throw a little support to a team with no conflicting sponsors. Maybe Honda didn't offer him what he wanted and he's only doing WSX from now on? (BTW, notice his jersey is free of any logos besides Fox and Honda?)

With his issues with completing a full year of racing, I'm not sure he's willingly signing up to give up his off season. SX only if he does come back to AMA? Are we watching the last of Ken in the outdoors right now?
fourfourone
6/30/2022 8:05am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 8:05am
He wants a title so bad, that he is going to drop down to race the 2nd string guys. It's like going from the A class to B class
johnk408
6/30/2022 8:05am
davis224 wrote:
Who knows? Maybe he worked it out with Honda to throw a little support to a team with no conflicting sponsors. Maybe Honda didn't offer him...
Who knows? Maybe he worked it out with Honda to throw a little support to a team with no conflicting sponsors. Maybe Honda didn't offer him what he wanted and he's only doing WSX from now on? (BTW, notice his jersey is free of any logos besides Fox and Honda?)

With his issues with completing a full year of racing, I'm not sure he's willingly signing up to give up his off season. SX only if he does come back to AMA? Are we watching the last of Ken in the outdoors right now?
There are logos under the Honda logo, and maybe an old picture as isn't that an FIM logo under the AMA logo?
ktm77man
6/30/2022 8:09am
I wonder if he does get some Honda support, and is able to keep all his personal sponsors, if this is where a Rick Ware Racing is perfect for the WSX set up of not being tied to a manufacturer. Super interesting and exciting to see it all play out.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
6/30/2022 8:11am
tingo wrote:
Here is the press release: https://wsxchampionship.com/ken-roczen-to-compete-in-the-2022-fim-wsx-championship/ AUSTRALIA (July 1, 2022) – SX Global, the Australian sports and entertainment company spearheading the FIM World Supercross Championship (WSX)...

Juck wrote:
mine is better
ok who deleted it
Talisker
6/30/2022 8:11am
A title is a title!!!!! Look 👀 what people are willing to do for a Loretta’s C class title. At least Ken is gonna get paid!!!! Smooth move in my opinion.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/30/2022 8:12am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 8:54am
No offense, but crowning a "world champion" after 3 rounds is pretty pathetic.

Edit:

This year they should just get crowned the inaugural SX Global champion or something along those lines. Leave the "world champion" moniker out of it until next year when they have 10+ rounds.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/30/2022 8:14am
tingo wrote:

Juck wrote:
mine is better
Juck wrote:
ok who deleted it
This one already had more traction, but you did post it first. There's no point in diluting the conversation across 2 threads.

Sorry.

Post a reply to: Ken Roczen to Compete in FIM World Supercross

The Latest