Ken Roczen’s not up to par, WHY?

GarySemics
Edited Date/Time 8/10/2020 7:25pm
What’s up with Ken’s, I don’t know what’s wrong, but something is wrong? I have nothing but admiration and respect for any athlete at Ken’s level, so I’m naturally interested in what might be the misery problem with his low energy issues. Ken prides himself on mental toughness, and rightfully so, but everyone has a breaking point. Ken’s not at his breaking point, not even close. However, the physical and mental stress from his first major arm injury at A2 in 2016 put him at max out stress level. Then trying his hardest to get back in top racing shape as quickly as possible continued loading stress onto an already stressful situation. Then another major arm injury number 2 came. Then he put himself through the same stressful scenario, get back to 100% racing performance ASAP. There didn’t seem to be any consideration to heal his phyche. The mind and body cannot always do what the conscious mind wants to achieve. Without time and a balance preparation routine, there will be sub-par performance, at best. I believe the word “TIME” was not considered as much as it should have been. Now, it’s beginning to show side effects. The side effects are sub-par physical and mental performance. He doesn’t even recognize where it’s coming from, but it’s there, and it’s beginning to raise its ugly head! The best think Ken could do for himself is take the rest of the year off. Do enough moderate training to maintain some of his fitness, and have fun! I know that ain’t going to happen for obvious reasons.

When I heard he was coming back to SX in 2018, I commended on a post in Vital that it was too soon bc he needed more healing time, mentally and physically. I’m looking in from the outside, so obviously, I don’t know, but that would be my guess. What do you think?
Whatever happens, I wish him well.
|
5/22/2019 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2019 1:24pm
The guy coming off an overall victory this week is not up to par?

Man, tough par.
mxb2
5/22/2019 1:22pm

Man, tough par.
Yea eli sucks also. , Didnt you hear? Winning a moto is horrible.
5/22/2019 1:24pm
GarySemics wrote:
What’s up with Ken’s, I don’t know what’s wrong, but something is wrong? I have nothing but admiration and respect for any athlete at Ken’s level...
What’s up with Ken’s, I don’t know what’s wrong, but something is wrong? I have nothing but admiration and respect for any athlete at Ken’s level, so I’m naturally interested in what might be the misery problem with his low energy issues. Ken prides himself on mental toughness, and rightfully so, but everyone has a breaking point. Ken’s not at his breaking point, not even close. However, the physical and mental stress from his first major arm injury at A2 in 2016 put him at max out stress level. Then trying his hardest to get back in top racing shape as quickly as possible continued loading stress onto an already stressful situation. Then another major arm injury number 2 came. Then he put himself through the same stressful scenario, get back to 100% racing performance ASAP. There didn’t seem to be any consideration to heal his phyche. The mind and body cannot always do what the conscious mind wants to achieve. Without time and a balance preparation routine, there will be sub-par performance, at best. I believe the word “TIME” was not considered as much as it should have been. Now, it’s beginning to show side effects. The side effects are sub-par physical and mental performance. He doesn’t even recognize where it’s coming from, but it’s there, and it’s beginning to raise its ugly head! The best think Ken could do for himself is take the rest of the year off. Do enough moderate training to maintain some of his fitness, and have fun! I know that ain’t going to happen for obvious reasons.

When I heard he was coming back to SX in 2018, I commended on a post in Vital that it was too soon bc he needed more healing time, mentally and physically. I’m looking in from the outside, so obviously, I don’t know, but that would be my guess. What do you think?
No
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/22/2019 1:24pm
I think Gary's point is that Ken isn't performing as well as he could be. Still, a major win has to be an enormous relief.

The Shop

jeffro503
5/22/2019 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2019 1:25pm
Just a guess here , but I think possibly the damage to his arm's can only be healed so good. Which I'm not sure if he has 50% , 80% , 90% + ??? I don't know , but I think those arm's will only let him do so much. Which by all account's is beyond amazing , since he just won the overall this past weekend. It's amazing he's able to even ride a bike again! True grit.....is what I see out of that kid , and I love watching it.
5/22/2019 1:25pm
The guy wins round 1 and should take the rest of the series off? LOL... Does anyone else think he will be fine? He looked AWFUL at hangtown last year and he actually had a decent summer last year.

I think he will be fine this summer and although he might not win the title I think he’s much more naturally comfy racing outdoors.
Enabler
5/22/2019 1:29pm

Man, tough par.
mxb2 wrote:
I didn't hear that. Where did you see or hear that?
mxb2
5/22/2019 1:33pm

Man, tough par.
mxb2 wrote:
Enabler wrote:
I didn't hear that. Where did you see or hear that?
A few experts on vital .posted it
Evoracer
5/22/2019 1:34pm
Agreed, not 100% and not the Roczen of old. Speculation is just that, and I am not a fan.

Is there a pending mental awareness video plug?
oldblood
5/22/2019 1:36pm
After standing in rain and slop and watching Ken and Eli ride like super humans in rediculous conditions, I disagree.
money2burn20
5/22/2019 1:38pm
Wow Gary, some pretty off the wall observations you have concluded to. I believe Ken said last week they have found the cause of his “energy” problem and attributed it to the high amounts of antibiotics he was forced to take from his burns from the lime incident. I am sure stress is also playing a role, but I don’t see taking a year off as a logical solution. He will continue to get stronger all year, they have a plan and winning the first round was not in that plan, but it sure was nice.
kpiper
5/22/2019 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2019 7:51am
Is it possible that Kenny is pulling the ultimate mind game on the rest of the riders? The first moto he looked as good as I have ever seen him and then he says he is still not really in tune with the bike etc?

Were the last rounds of SX all part of the plan to dominate outdoors???

Kenny looked like he had plenty of energy after each moto Saturday.

Hmmm Smile
Mxracer6y
5/22/2019 1:43pm
GarySemics wrote:
What’s up with Ken’s, I don’t know what’s wrong, but something is wrong? I have nothing but admiration and respect for any athlete at Ken’s level...

Is there something wrong with you?? Do you have a learning disability?
dean122
5/22/2019 1:58pm
Gary, I respect the hell out of you, but this observation is way off base. How could you say to a guy that just demolished everyone in Moto1 and held his own in the Moto2 slop fest to win the overall has issues? Win the red plate in dominating fashion after the first outdoor of the year and your solid advice is to sit the rest of the year out for a mental r&r?

That type of advice isn't going to do you any favors in the business.
MOTO732
5/22/2019 2:03pm
Holy shit OP...wtf? That was like a stream of consciousness or are you just having a conversation with yourself? That was a tough read.
mooch
Fantasy
501st
5/22/2019 2:04pm
GarySemics wrote:

Mxracer6y wrote:
No doubt Gary's knowledge of moto makes whatever it is you think you know, look like a pimple on a whales azz.

Moran!
kb228
5/22/2019 2:06pm
Gary isnt the only one who said he should take the year off to recover. Ive heard it on pulp several times. Dont be too hard on him.

I dont agree. Kenny just won hangtown. Yea it was a cool day so it was easier. Pala will tell all.
mooch
Fantasy
501st
5/22/2019 2:07pm
dean122 wrote:
Gary, I respect the hell out of you, but this observation is way off base. How could you say to a guy that just demolished everyone...
Gary, I respect the hell out of you, but this observation is way off base. How could you say to a guy that just demolished everyone in Moto1 and held his own in the Moto2 slop fest to win the overall has issues? Win the red plate in dominating fashion after the first outdoor of the year and your solid advice is to sit the rest of the year out for a mental r&r?

That type of advice isn't going to do you any favors in the business.
Roczen had said that his lack of energy comes and goes. There's no doubt we saw him at times in SX where that might have been the case. Possibly Hangtown was a good day for him...regardless, hope the best for KR.
Mavetism
5/22/2019 2:20pm
If Eli throws away one race, it's Kennys championship. Even with issues, this guy is a warrior and mx is his terrain.
Gosh, some people should stop thinking about what could be the best for others, specially when it's athletes at this level with a big helping team around them.
5/22/2019 2:30pm
GarySemics wrote:

Mxracer6y wrote:

motokawi818
5/22/2019 2:33pm
kb228 wrote:
Gary isnt the only one who said he should take the year off to recover. Ive heard it on pulp several times. Dont be too hard...
Gary isnt the only one who said he should take the year off to recover. Ive heard it on pulp several times. Dont be too hard on him.

I dont agree. Kenny just won hangtown. Yea it was a cool day so it was easier. Pala will tell all.
That speculation was before hangtown and judging on his sx. He just crushed it. If this was posted last Friday it’d be reasonable, not 4 days after he just won the overall.
TankSlapper
5/22/2019 2:39pm
Then there is Blake Savage's injury that he is also dealing with (on the mental side). Just brutal. To think he has come back, after all this, to win a national - absolute legend. I would love to see him get the title.
TSCHAM101
5/22/2019 2:41pm
i believe he has a gut biome issue... all bodybuilders and elite fitness people know the kind of damage antibiotics due to the gut biome.. it basically kills all the good and bad bacteria...

He needs to figure out a way to introduce good bacteria... its known to cause fatigue and lethargy... Maybe introduce probiotics twice a day or something?
Hudd_421
5/22/2019 2:44pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
i believe he has a gut biome issue... all bodybuilders and elite fitness people know the kind of damage antibiotics due to the gut biome.. it...
i believe he has a gut biome issue... all bodybuilders and elite fitness people know the kind of damage antibiotics due to the gut biome.. it basically kills all the good and bad bacteria...

He needs to figure out a way to introduce good bacteria... its known to cause fatigue and lethargy... Maybe introduce probiotics twice a day or something?
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/22/2019 2:56pm
possible having 47 surgeries in the past couple years wreaked havoc on his immune system.
swtwtwtw
5/22/2019 2:57pm
I think the suggestion that kr94 ought to just maintain a moderate level of fitness the rest of the year is spot on. Kenny’s ability on the bike will carry him to more wins this year and the reduction in off the bike training will set him up for a great sx season next year.

Post a reply to: Ken Roczen’s not up to par, WHY?

The Latest