Ken Roczen is Taking The Summer Off

str8line
8/11/2020 12:13pm
Hotwhls wrote:
You really think another couple months off is going to magically help him out. He has had tons of time off this year. I remember him...
You really think another couple months off is going to magically help him out. He has had tons of time off this year. I remember him saying “we finally got this illness figured out”. Well it doesn’t seem like you do. Seem to be more excuses. He had problems last year with antibiotics then won a couple outdoor overalls. Hasn’t had an injury since and has had a bunch off time off this year and still isn’t ready to go. Too many guys give him a pass for whatever reason. Doesn’t seem like he has the motivation to want it. Can’t go from winning overalls to not riding a year later with no injuries in between. I think he came into Salt Lake underprepared and got whipped. Now another illness. His arm injury was 4 years ago either he is back or he will never be from that.
So much wrong in this post I don't even know where to begin. You act like Roczen owes you something.
LungButter
8/11/2020 12:15pm
str8line wrote:
So much wrong in this post I don't even know where to begin. You act like Roczen owes you something.
Seriously. Some people just don't get it.

They clearly have not a clue what these guys go through to compete at the level they do.
canciaro
8/11/2020 12:39pm
This forum has gone to complete trash, no wonder you Americans are leading the world is Corona cases. Glad i live in Canada and dont need to deal with the level of stupidity that exists in here anymore.
cwel11
8/11/2020 12:42pm
canciaro wrote:
This forum has gone to complete trash, no wonder you Americans are leading the world is Corona cases. Glad i live in Canada and dont need...
This forum has gone to complete trash, no wonder you Americans are leading the world is Corona cases. Glad i live in Canada and dont need to deal with the level of stupidity that exists in here anymore.
So you just figured you’d add some bullshit on top of the bullshit sundae? Bravo

The Shop

Hotwhls
8/11/2020 12:42pm
Hotwhls wrote:
You really think another couple months off is going to magically help him out. He has had tons of time off this year. I remember him...
You really think another couple months off is going to magically help him out. He has had tons of time off this year. I remember him saying “we finally got this illness figured out”. Well it doesn’t seem like you do. Seem to be more excuses. He had problems last year with antibiotics then won a couple outdoor overalls. Hasn’t had an injury since and has had a bunch off time off this year and still isn’t ready to go. Too many guys give him a pass for whatever reason. Doesn’t seem like he has the motivation to want it. Can’t go from winning overalls to not riding a year later with no injuries in between. I think he came into Salt Lake underprepared and got whipped. Now another illness. His arm injury was 4 years ago either he is back or he will never be from that.
str8line wrote:
Doesn’t owe me anything, but this is his JOB to race. What is wrong with this post from everything he has stated and done its all accurate. Everyone out there gives it as much as he does. You don’t think all premier athletes have given it there all from childhood? You have no clue how hard he trains or doesn’t. Because he posts it on his Instagram so he trains hard. I can see if differently looks like to me he would rather be boating then training. Just find it weird you can go from winning races to now you can’t complete. Sooner or later Honda won’t find value from him if he not on the track and he will be looking for another ride. Seely just said Honda didn’t even support McGrath after he left don’t think Ken isn’t disposable.
jeffro503
8/11/2020 12:49pm
Hallzilla wrote:
..... and you pushed your body to the physical extreme every day training as hard as Kroc did following your injury, to get back to one...
..... and you pushed your body to the physical extreme every day training as hard as Kroc did following your injury, to get back to one of the best in the world right? And then you stuck your other arm inside the spinning wheel of a 450 in a supercross race right ? And then you faught and pushed your body to the physical extreme again day after day fighting for a championship right ?
I can see the similarities.
bvm111 wrote:
I expected this response. the answer to this is yes, my chosen career over the past nearly thirty years required me to be ready as quickly...
I expected this response.
the answer to this is yes, my chosen career over the past nearly thirty years required me to be ready as quickly as possible to insert myself into extreme areas of the globe, surviving under sustained direct fire, long foot movements to contact with the addition of extreme lack of sleep and proper nutrition under austere conditions in all environments. In addition I have been a competitive athlete most of my life and have had the opportunity to train with some of the best olympic level trainers and nutritional scientist to assist in preparation for our missions. just because I don’t get paid to ride a dirt bike doesn’t mean I or anyone else on here hasnt had similar life experiences or pushed our body to extremes like Kenny has.
JBlain619 wrote:
BVM111 thank you for your service and sacrifices you have made for me and our country! Salute brother!!!
Hey John and Barron!! Two of my favorite peeps!! And thank you to both of you!
mxb2
8/11/2020 12:50pm
Kawy turns down mxon, people lose their minds, they won mec,sx title. Team goal. Eli races utah, covid series. New baby. Kroc gets paid to not show up a full series, needs more rest, family time. Lol. Gotta love it.
8/11/2020 12:53pm
soggy wrote:
How many surgeries? He had fucking 11 on one arm in the matter of a couple months. Not to mention the other arm. Everyone's body is...
How many surgeries? He had fucking 11 on one arm in the matter of a couple months. Not to mention the other arm. Everyone's body is different. Maybe his immune system issues are a deeper seeded problem and you'd all feel like dick bags for hating on this dude if that turned out to be the case. Stop comparing yourself with him and have a little empathy.
bvm111 wrote:
How did you get hate from my question? I am a fan and as stated before I hope he heals from whatever he is ailing from...
How did you get hate from my question? I am a fan and as stated before I hope he heals from whatever he is ailing from... that’s hate in your view, that’s a strange response?

I can sympathize with what he has gone through and I do as I have been through something similar in my lifetime by destroying the same arm as he has... I even broke my right hand requiring surgery similar to his in 2001.

Thankfully I have not had an immunity issue like he seems to have, All I was asking was why is everyone so sure?
soggy wrote:
Because Kenny has said his immune system isn't what it was pre injury. That's how I'm sure.
Yep. Shingles in June which is a return of chicken pox and connected to immune system function and takes its toll. Hope he doesn’t have long standing nerve damage anywhere.

Its disappointing, but people sound like Ken owes them something...
8/11/2020 1:00pm
have a feeling that its not really roczen that decided whats to do and when, think his other half has something to say.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
8/11/2020 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2020 1:02pm
Man, some of you guys are so butt hurt over this. Who gives a flying fuck if he wants to stay home and rest/be around for the birth of his first child. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation outside of his family and Honda. He isn't taking a salary during his time off, so it's not like he is ripping anyone off.

Honda could honestly give two shits about the outdoors right now. They have Chase and Christian to do their bidding for the series, and Brayton, who has been riding/training in Iowa, if this go sideways for them. Not a chance in hell they were getting the title this year without a healthy Kenny anyways.

2021 with a healthy Ken and debuting a new bike is their priority.

Flame on....
Elbows
Fantasy
968th
8/11/2020 1:07pm
avidchimp wrote:
Man, some of you guys are so butt hurt over this. Who gives a flying fuck if he wants to stay home and rest/be around for...
Man, some of you guys are so butt hurt over this. Who gives a flying fuck if he wants to stay home and rest/be around for the birth of his first child. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation outside of his family and Honda. He isn't taking a salary during his time off, so it's not like he is ripping anyone off.

Honda could honestly give two shits about the outdoors right now. They have Chase and Christian to do their bidding for the series, and Brayton, who has been riding/training in Iowa, if this go sideways for them. Not a chance in hell they were getting the title this year without a healthy Kenny anyways.

Flame on....
It was stated earlier that he gets paid whether he rides or not.
peelout
8/11/2020 1:08pm
lot of shit talkers in here bro

if idiots could fly this place would be an airport
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
8/11/2020 1:12pm
avidchimp wrote:
Man, some of you guys are so butt hurt over this. Who gives a flying fuck if he wants to stay home and rest/be around for...

Flame on....
Elbows wrote:
And I also know for a fact that he isn't taking his salary while sitting out the Nationals. Try again, Homie.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/11/2020 1:14pm
peelout wrote:

This thread is a mensa convention compared to the 2021 RMZ450 thread
8/11/2020 1:15pm
He wasn't gonna be a threat outdoors anyway. Better to sit out and pretend he could have won it...than to ride around in 6th and make...
He wasn't gonna be a threat outdoors anyway. Better to sit out and pretend he could have won it...than to ride around in 6th and make ridiculous excuses each week to save his ego.
Say it how it is. Respect.
Johnny Ringo
8/11/2020 1:21pm
canciaro wrote:
This forum has gone to complete trash, no wonder you Americans are leading the world is Corona cases. Glad i live in Canada and dont need...
Lighten up, Francis
davis224
Fantasy
138th
8/11/2020 1:31pm
The amount of people turning on Ken, who used to be nearly universally liked, once he started really struggling with health issues really bums me out. Sure, everyone loved him during the comeback, but as soon as he won a race it was like they expected him to have zero issues from there on. Pretty similar to how people took Christophe Pourcel and his overheating issues.
Elbows
Fantasy
968th
8/11/2020 1:35pm
avidchimp wrote:

Flame on....
Elbows wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
And I also know for a fact that he isn't taking his salary while sitting out the Nationals. Try again, Homie.
I was just stating what had been said. I guess I was assuming he would get paid since he had his agent negotiate that in to his contract. If he’s not taking a salary that’s awesome of him and I totally respect that. I’m still a fan whether he’s rides or not. None of us have walked in his shoes
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
8/11/2020 1:54pm
Elbows wrote:
I was just stating what had been said. I guess I was assuming he would get paid since he had his agent negotiate that in to...
I was just stating what had been said. I guess I was assuming he would get paid since he had his agent negotiate that in to his contract. If he’s not taking a salary that’s awesome of him and I totally respect that. I’m still a fan whether he’s rides or not. None of us have walked in his shoes
That is true in case of injury or being let go. A lot of contracts have injury clauses in them that reduce base pay while off of the bike and or not racing.

Kenny is a good dude who doesn't take what isn't earned. Once he starts SX testing the new bike he will be getting paid again.
motomike137
8/11/2020 1:55pm
canciaro wrote:
buh bye
motomike137
8/11/2020 2:00pm
Look it sucks that Kenny won't be out there but I am going to go out on a limb and say that only Ken knows what is best for Ken at this point. I feel like we've been lucky as hell to have him back and very competitive after all he has been through. He has won the outdoor title a couple of times and his priority obviously is trying to win at least one SX title. I don't give two shits whether or not he gets paid in full from Honda and I respect his choice even though I will miss watching him.
FuzzyLogic
8/11/2020 2:12pm
avidchimp wrote:
How do you know this for a fact? I would guess that very small circle of 5-6 people on earth know this...and you're one of them? If so, I'd expect you can answer a lot of other questions surrounding the whole thing.

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
8/11/2020 2:28pm
FuzzyLogic wrote:
How do you know this [i]for a fact[/i]? I would guess that very small circle of 5-6 people on earth know this...and you're one of them...
How do you know this for a fact? I would guess that very small circle of 5-6 people on earth know this...and you're one of them? If so, I'd expect you can answer a lot of other questions surrounding the whole thing.

I know some people who would know that part of the deal, it's not like it is some industry secret. Only a very few know the rest and I'm not privy, nor do I want to be privy to that knowledge.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
8/11/2020 3:37pm
peelout wrote:

The same type of folks that wrote RC off in 1999 when he took time off lol. Smile

CM_84
8/11/2020 3:47pm
Jesus there are some dickheads in this thread.

As far as I know, no one in this thread knows Kenny personally. So who knows the intricacies of why he chose to sit out.
The only parties that Kenny potentially owe something to is Honda, fox and other associated sponsors.
He has obviously worked something out with them, otherwise they can fire him. so everyone needs to chill. and look forward to the outdoors. bummer Kenny wont be there.
H4L
8/11/2020 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2020 3:49pm
FastEddy wrote:
The same type of folks that wrote RC off in 1999 when he took time off lol. Smile

Do you mean 2004 SX ? I don't remember him taking anytime off in 99 as his moto career had just gotten started in 97 I believe.
scootch
8/11/2020 3:49pm
Kenny can use the time off, for sure. Hope he comes back healthy for 2021!

I just don't understand why they always give their fill in ride to Craig.
H4L
8/11/2020 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2020 3:55pm
I can't believe some of the shit I read on this forum sometimes.. Unreal..
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
8/11/2020 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2020 6:03pm
H4L wrote:
Do you mean 2004 SX ? I don't remember him taking anytime off in 99 as his moto career had just gotten started in 97 I...
Do you mean 2004 SX ? I don't remember him taking anytime off in 99 as his moto career had just gotten started in 97 I believe.
Pretty sure it was 1999 first year he did 250SX.
Had a terrible season and people wrote him off especially when he took time off.
He got better in 2000 and then in 2001 he won 13 SX's.

2004 would also be a good example(maybe better) when he got knee surgery and was out for SX and came back outdoors and smoked them 24 & 0.

My point is...you cant ever write-off any of these guys who are title contenders for taking a needed break.
They can still come back and progress and be a contender - it's not impossible.

Post a reply to: Ken Roczen is Taking The Summer Off

The Latest