|

8/10/2020 3:46 PM

Photo
|

8/10/2020 3:47 PM

Gosh this sucks!

|

8/10/2020 3:49 PM

I really like Kenny and think this is the smart move. He's playing the long game.

|

Indecision is a choice

8/10/2020 3:50 PM

It sucks real bad to hear this , but if it's something that he thinks will prolong his career a bit and maybe be healthy come 2021......I say , good on him. As a race fan , I'd rather see him out there , but I would like to see him out there healthy. Get to feeling better Kenny.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/10/2020 3:55 PM

...that would probably explain why Craig has been practicing on the HRC factory bike for the last two months around here.

If I were Roczen I'd make the same decision, no one wants to bring COVID home from the road to his newborn son. I guess he can start shaking down the 2021 bike sooner now...

|

8/10/2020 3:56 PM

I hope he actually takes the time off and lets his body rest: moderate exercise only and no riding. Chronic fatigue recovery only works if you truly relax.

|

8/10/2020 4:01 PM

Brent wrote:

...that would probably explain why Craig has been practicing on the HRC factory bike for the last two months around here.

If I were Roczen I'd make the same decision, no one wants to bring COVID home from the road to his newborn son. I guess he can start shaking down the 2021 bike sooner now...

He just started riding the HRC bike in the past few days. Prior to that, the bike you saw was one of Geico's bikes and built to their spec, not a HRC one.

|

8/10/2020 4:08 PM

With an immune system as f'ed up as Kenny's nobody can blame him under the current circumstances. Sucks for us fans though

|

8/10/2020 4:12 PM

As a huge KR fan, I am gutted to not see him out there, but fully understand the reasons behind the decision

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

8/10/2020 4:15 PM

Brent wrote:

ML512 wrote:

He just started riding the HRC bike in the past few days. Prior to that, the bike you saw was one of Geico's bikes and built to their spec, not a HRC one.

Isnt Geico's spec pretty darn factory?

|

8/10/2020 4:15 PM

Will miss seeing Kenny out there. But glad he is doing. Hope this helps him heal up. And gets to enjoy some time with the family and new addition! Good timing for him. It will be a weird season any how.

I’ve wanted to see Craig on a 450 and Kroc to be healthy so this may just be a win win come 2021!

|

8/10/2020 4:21 PM

Old news!

|

8/10/2020 4:29 PM

He's been at full tilt since 2017 either rehabbing or racing. Time to just sit down and recover.

|

8/10/2020 4:32 PM

Bummer but I understand. I wonder if he's SX only from now on?

|

8/10/2020 4:32 PM

It’s the right move for him for sure. No doubt. He was almost unbeatable the first half of the moto in sx series and his body gave out on him the last 10 minutes. Such a bummer too because sx championship was probably his if his body would of let him.

|

8/10/2020 4:33 PM

Even with him in rough shape he is the only challenger to Tomac. Can not blame the guy one bit though, he’s dealt with a lot, and we are lucky to see him back winning races. But, However many wins you thought Tomac was gonna have, just add more. Webb and Osborne are not on there level.

|

8/10/2020 4:34 PM

Put MOOKIE on his bike

|

8/10/2020 4:36 PM

Well, if this means we get to have a longer career from Roczen I'm all for it.

|

8/10/2020 4:42 PM

Not sure he is going to be getting as much rest as people think. A couple months maybe before he needs to start training for next year. He had a couple months of rest in between supercross rounds and he didn’t look to well after that. Before the supercross break everyone thought he was healed then couple bad rounds and a mystery illness appeared. Now he needs to sit more. It’s almost been 4 years since his injury and he still needs rest? Having a baby is a stupid excuse people have babies everyday and don’t quit there job. Pretty sure Tomac just had a baby as well and figured out how to still race. One just seems like they want it a little more than the other. Just seems like there is always excuses with him lately.

|

2015 YZ250F

8/10/2020 4:42 PM

I'd say the dude has earned a break!

|

8/10/2020 4:57 PM

Park Boys wrote:

Even with him in rough shape he is the only challenger to Tomac. Can not blame the guy one bit though, he’s dealt with a lot, and we are lucky to see him back winning races. But, However many wins you thought Tomac was gonna have, just add more. Webb and Osborne are not on there level.

I think if Webb is healthy, he can challenge Tomac.

|

8/10/2020 5:11 PM

ML512 wrote:

That’s very interesting, I would sure like to ride both back to back to see how different they really aresideways

Funny thing is that Kenny was out on the track last Tuesday, but I only saw him do about 8 laps on the day, he was mostly hanging out at the truck.

|

8/10/2020 5:17 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

With an immune system as f'ed up as Kenny's nobody can blame him under the current circumstances. Sucks for us fans though

Many of ours are more fucked up than his. And we do it for the love of the sport. (And grabbing a big handfull)!

|

8/10/2020 5:19 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

Was his immune system better during SX and worse now?

|

8/10/2020 5:24 PM

This sure is a bummer. Before the talk of him possibly sitting out started I was thinking this would maybe be his best chance at a title in a few years. Shorter season, time to rest beforehand (as opposed to going from SX straight to MX), later in the year so some rounds might not be as hot. I hope he he gets healthy and comes out swinging for SX, though. Racing is just better with Ken Roczen in the mix.

|

8/10/2020 5:24 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

yz25 wrote:

Was his immune system better during SX and worse now?

No, but he didn’t win that title, either. With the kind of money Kenny has been pulling down since 2017, why risk injury unless you think you can take home a #1 plate?

|

8/10/2020 5:26 PM

I think it’s the right decision for Kenny if it will help long-term.. feel like Eli could show up on a kx60 and walk away with this title now

|

8/10/2020 5:27 PM

Dude my back hurts from riding yesterday, I can't imagine what Roczens body feels like best that he doesn't go out like Stewart always riding in pain with crazy terminator hardware all over your bones

|

8/10/2020 5:31 PM

VicDaMoan03 wrote:

Bummer but I understand. I wonder if he's SX only from now on?

No

|