Ken Roczen Back and Ready to Race

RangerLee
Link to the Article

Ken Roczen is finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel and back at it. He recently got the full doctors approval to get on a bike and spin some laps toward eventually making a return to racing when ready.

We paid a visit to the Team Honda HRC rider’s house earlier this week and joined him for his first laps back after his final surgery to his left arm, which was for the removal of the last remaining metal and screws.

This is a huge update in the positive direction, and we sat down with him after his first day back to hear how it felt. Ken Roczen fans, rejoice!

You had a big day on Monday. Take us through that.

So basically, Wednesday a couple of weeks ago (August 9th) I had another surgery to get the metal removed from my arm. Before that I was slowly starting to pick things up again and was riding a little bit. But that was mainly because I got the green light to ride.

For me it is important no matter how I ride or how long I ride, it’s being behind the bars. I haven’t ridden in a long time so I’m way behind on it and any time I can get riding is really good for me. On Monday after Budds Creek I started riding; I tried riding the Thursday before Budds Creek and it wouldn’t really work.

I woke up the next morning and my back was sore just from not really riding at all. It was a good sore and I missed that. It’s something that you don’t get from regular working out. I’ve been doing all of my other stuff. I went back out there today and definitely the aftermath from the day before, there was some soreness in the arm and the wrist. But it feels great. I rode again today and had another fun day. It was definitely tougher today than it was yesterday because I was sore, but everything is healed in my wrist. If anything, it’s good that I’m out there riding to get mobility in it again.

For all of the people that are out there, to put a perspective on where you are actually at, you are still spinning your first laps and there have been restrictions.

The rest in the linked article.

|
JMR1976
9/1/2017 8:35pm
So he will line up tomorrow? Thread title is a little misleading. If he was ready to race he would be on the line tomorrow.
Rockinar
9/1/2017 8:38pm
Mookie says that Roczen will probably be on the gate at USGP tomorrow since it's near his house.
cali11
9/1/2017 8:38pm
He is months from being race ready
cali11
9/1/2017 8:40pm
Rockinar wrote:
Mookie says that Roczen will probably be on the gate at USGP tomorrow since it's near his house.
Is Mookie going to wash his bike for him?

The Shop

bvm111
9/1/2017 8:42pm
Why don't we wait for the press release from Honda when he is ready to return instead of going through this every few months?
omalley
9/1/2017 8:46pm
bvm111 wrote:
Why don't we wait for the press release from Honda when he is ready to return instead of going through this every few months?
But what would we do without rumor, innuendo, and rampant speculation? I'm pretty sure those are an Internet forum requirement...
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/1/2017 8:49pm
bvm111 wrote:
+1
RangerLee
9/1/2017 8:49pm
Did anyone even read the article? LOL, I used the same title they did for the article. Misleading, yes, but it was decent to hear the info from Roczen.
aeffertz
9/1/2017 8:53pm
I mean, technically, he is clear and ready to race if he wanted/needed to. I just don't think he'll want to until he thinks he is back at the level he needs to be.
greenmx5
9/1/2017 8:57pm
The EARLIEST we see him is A1. Even then, I don't think he will be at his full potential. 9 surgeries over the span of 3 months and about 7 months of not being on the bike with 4 months to A1. If we see him at A1 and he finishes top 5, it will be a huge success.
mxb2
9/1/2017 10:15pm
Rockinar wrote:
Lol. Ok.
hyler199
9/1/2017 10:22pm
RangerLee wrote:
[url=http://www.automototime.com/2017/09/ken-roczen-back-ready-to-race.html]Link to the Article[/url] [i]Ken Roczen is finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel and back at it. He recently got the full...
Link to the Article

Ken Roczen is finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel and back at it. He recently got the full doctors approval to get on a bike and spin some laps toward eventually making a return to racing when ready.

We paid a visit to the Team Honda HRC rider’s house earlier this week and joined him for his first laps back after his final surgery to his left arm, which was for the removal of the last remaining metal and screws.

This is a huge update in the positive direction, and we sat down with him after his first day back to hear how it felt. Ken Roczen fans, rejoice!

You had a big day on Monday. Take us through that.

So basically, Wednesday a couple of weeks ago (August 9th) I had another surgery to get the metal removed from my arm. Before that I was slowly starting to pick things up again and was riding a little bit. But that was mainly because I got the green light to ride.

For me it is important no matter how I ride or how long I ride, it’s being behind the bars. I haven’t ridden in a long time so I’m way behind on it and any time I can get riding is really good for me. On Monday after Budds Creek I started riding; I tried riding the Thursday before Budds Creek and it wouldn’t really work.

I woke up the next morning and my back was sore just from not really riding at all. It was a good sore and I missed that. It’s something that you don’t get from regular working out. I’ve been doing all of my other stuff. I went back out there today and definitely the aftermath from the day before, there was some soreness in the arm and the wrist. But it feels great. I rode again today and had another fun day. It was definitely tougher today than it was yesterday because I was sore, but everything is healed in my wrist. If anything, it’s good that I’m out there riding to get mobility in it again.

For all of the people that are out there, to put a perspective on where you are actually at, you are still spinning your first laps and there have been restrictions.

The rest in the linked article.

i honestly hope he takes his sweet ass mother phufckin time....i got some bad vibes if he comes back too early trying too hard. We need him out there
jeffro503
9/1/2017 10:29pm
greenmx5 wrote:
The EARLIEST we see him is A1. Even then, I don't think he will be at his full potential. 9 surgeries over the span of 3...
The EARLIEST we see him is A1. Even then, I don't think he will be at his full potential. 9 surgeries over the span of 3 months and about 7 months of not being on the bike with 4 months to A1. If we see him at A1 and he finishes top 5, it will be a huge success.
9..?? I think it was like 11 or 12?

Freakin' incredible if you ask me. Hell yeah Kenny.....get back out there , get your butt back in shape and hope to see you at A1 !!

Kenny aint even my favorite rider , and I'm so happy for that dude right now. I was hoping to god that wasn't going to be a career ending injury. That dude has a bunch of drive , and if anyone is going to take a broken up arm like he did , and make it work again....at a professional level.....you can't do anything but tip your hat at the guy.
drt410
9/1/2017 10:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 10:35pm
Its not misleading if you just put the pieces of what theyre saying together. Hes back, hes cleared to race, but he is not in racing shape...yet, just like he said in the interview. With regards to it being rumors and speculation, this is an interview with Ken Roczen talking about his current situation, its not a guy that heard from another guy. Hes back on the bike and hes been training, but he has to get in racing shape through banging out lap after lap, after lap. Nobody in this interview says hes lining up at any race they just said hes back on the bike and ready to start riding consistently, to get his speed and cardio back up to race level. This is great news seeing that many people werent sure if he would ever race again, but it looks like hes coming back.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
9/1/2017 10:36pm
bvm111 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
+1
+2
cali11
9/1/2017 10:59pm
drt410 wrote:
Its not misleading if you just put the pieces of what theyre saying together. Hes back, hes cleared to race, but he is not in racing...
Its not misleading if you just put the pieces of what theyre saying together. Hes back, hes cleared to race, but he is not in racing shape...yet, just like he said in the interview. With regards to it being rumors and speculation, this is an interview with Ken Roczen talking about his current situation, its not a guy that heard from another guy. Hes back on the bike and hes been training, but he has to get in racing shape through banging out lap after lap, after lap. Nobody in this interview says hes lining up at any race they just said hes back on the bike and ready to start riding consistently, to get his speed and cardio back up to race level. This is great news seeing that many people werent sure if he would ever race again, but it looks like hes coming back.
What I got out of it, was he still had a lot to go with movement of his wrist & elbow.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/1/2017 11:31pm
Sad part is the Roczen right now is more race ready than either one of the Stewarts. BlushBlush
Flip109
9/2/2017 5:40am
lostboy819 wrote:
Sad part is the Roczen right now is more race ready than either one of the Stewarts. BlushBlush
Haha! Looks like mook has been putting time in on the road bike and gym though. Per his Instagram.
davistld01
9/2/2017 6:47am
lostboy819 wrote:
And, you know this...right?
B-EVANS
9/2/2017 6:59am
If he's ready to race this soon his nickname should be starfish
9/2/2017 7:43am
If he races at A1 I'd be over the moon but weirdly I'm thinking he may even dip in and out of SX in 18 rather than commit the whole deal, he's got time on his side and I'm pretty sure HRC don't mind the wait, nobody else will win anything for them.

No rush please Ken
kkawboy14
9/2/2017 7:57am
The fact that he can now wipe his butt with that hand because they saved his arm is what will be considered a success. Anything more than that with that arm would be considered a medical miracle. I doubt any of us here would have had the success that kid is having after all that. He is one one tough kid!
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/2/2017 8:08am
On my facebook feed someone posted that he broke his left wrist at the Honda SX track. Hope it's one of those fake news sites that is reporting this (what is the point of these sites that do that if false rumor?).
9/2/2017 8:08am
100% Agreed!

That was a nasty injury and we all know from his updates it really could have ended badly.

9/2/2017 8:09am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 8:10am
yak651 wrote:
On my facebook feed someone posted that he broke his left wrist at the Honda SX track. Hope it's one of those fake news sites that...
On my facebook feed someone posted that he broke his left wrist at the Honda SX track. Hope it's one of those fake news sites that is reporting this (what is the point of these sites that do that if false rumor?).
They are twats and should be reported, someone did the whole Hayden died thing while he was still here but in bad condition, it's just really really horrible humans IMO.

If Karma exists it'll be a nice slice for them when it gets served that's for sure.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/2/2017 11:11am
lostboy819 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
And, you know this...right?
You only need to look to the past to see the future. Cool
9/2/2017 11:53am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 11:54am
This is FAKE NEWS.. extremely misleading.

Post a reply to: Ken Roczen Back and Ready to Race

The Latest