Keith Jackson dies.... Legendary broadcaster.

BobbyM
Could sworn he did the Usgp at Carlsbad but I could be wrong. Great quote by him...

"I live by what my grandfather once told me about awards," Jackson said. "'If you can't eat it, drink it, cash it or sleep with it, don't worry about it."
|
Ted722
1/14/2018 2:57pm
^^ Great quote. Icon. We all know about his presence in the booth for College football, but he definitely did motorsports as well in this wide world of sports. Wouldn't surprise me if he did moto too.

olds cool
1/14/2018 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 3:24pm
"Woa Nellie". Tongue Loved that guy. Nobody called a football game like Keith.

And NOBODY could or ever will pronounce the word "Alabama" like he did.
dimetime
1/14/2018 3:08pm
Yeah, sad day for us older dudes.

Loved his crazy cadence and his tone. He was college football to me.
Brent
1/14/2018 3:11pm
BobbyM wrote:
Could sworn he did the Usgp at Carlsbad but I could be wrong. Great quote by him... "I live by what my grandfather once told me...
Could sworn he did the Usgp at Carlsbad but I could be wrong. Great quote by him...

"I live by what my grandfather once told me about awards," Jackson said. "'If you can't eat it, drink it, cash it or sleep with it, don't worry about it."
It was Jim McKay at the USGP

God Speed Mr. Jackson, a legend in college football.

The Shop

APLMAN99
1/14/2018 9:08pm
He was definitely one of our most admired alums at WSU! His voice was the soundtrack of college football for at least a couple of decades.....
APLMAN99
1/14/2018 9:15pm
BobbyM wrote:
Could sworn he did the Usgp at Carlsbad but I could be wrong. Great quote by him... "I live by what my grandfather once told me...

He did a lot of the Wide World of Sports stuff so he probably segued to the USGP between the other segments. I feel like I can remember his voice whenever the race was aired, but I can't remember if he ever actually did any of the race announcing. I kind of doubt that he did.
ATKpilot99
1/15/2018 2:34am
APLMAN99 wrote:
He did a lot of the Wide World of Sports stuff so he probably segued to the USGP between the other segments. I feel like I...
He did a lot of the Wide World of Sports stuff so he probably segued to the USGP between the other segments. I feel like I can remember his voice whenever the race was aired, but I can't remember if he ever actually did any of the race announcing. I kind of doubt that he did.
Yeah I don't remember him doing it unless maybe one of the 70s broadcasts ? In the 80s I remember Jim Lampley, Jim McKay and even Al Michaels did it I think.

Post a reply to: Keith Jackson dies.... Legendary broadcaster.

The Latest