Keeping white gear from getting stained

White_jake
Fantasy
190th
Edited Date/Time 6/4/2019 7:04am
I’ve used scotch guard on my white gear and even some of my lighter colored gear but it still seem to get stained. Anyone have any products or secrets they use to keep their gear fresh.
|
6/3/2019 10:44am
White_jake wrote:
I’ve used scotch guard on my white gear and even some of my lighter colored gear but it still seem to get stained. Anyone have any...
I’ve used scotch guard on my white gear and even some of my lighter colored gear but it still seem to get stained. Anyone have any products or secrets they use to keep their gear fresh.
Shame you don't live in England.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/3/2019 10:45am
White_jake wrote:
I’ve used scotch guard on my white gear and even some of my lighter colored gear but it still seem to get stained. Anyone have any...
Heard that guy rubs and tugs until he gets every stain out..
6/3/2019 10:45am
OxyClean seems to get my white Thor Rohl jersey pretty clean. I soak the jersey for a few hours then wash it, if it’s still stained a bit I’ll soak and wash again, usually takes all the stains out. Tried it with my pants but OxyClean was removing the black dye from the leather parts and turning the water black, just a heads up if you want to try that route.
White_jake
Fantasy
190th
6/3/2019 10:46am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2019 10:49am
White_jake wrote:

The Shop

6/3/2019 10:46am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2019 10:47am
White_jake wrote:
This meme never gets old. Laughing
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/3/2019 10:51am
White_jake wrote:
White_jake wrote:
There's a guy on here that goes by the name localriders and he'll pay you to wash your gear.
White_jake
Fantasy
190th
6/3/2019 11:29am
White_jake wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There's a guy on here that goes by the name localriders and he'll pay you to wash your gear.
That’s just fucking weird
omalley
6/3/2019 11:34am
White_jake wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
White_jake wrote:
That’s just fucking weird
Sure is, but it’s also provided endless entertainment on here...LaughingLaughingLaughing
h4ck.b0x7
6/3/2019 11:34am
Jake, you don't know the half of it. You need to find that thread.
Can we get a link?!?!?!
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
6/3/2019 11:37am
OxyClean seems to get my white Thor Rohl jersey pretty clean. I soak the jersey for a few hours then wash it, if it’s still stained...
OxyClean seems to get my white Thor Rohl jersey pretty clean. I soak the jersey for a few hours then wash it, if it’s still stained a bit I’ll soak and wash again, usually takes all the stains out. Tried it with my pants but OxyClean was removing the black dye from the leather parts and turning the water black, just a heads up if you want to try that route.
I miss this guy yelling at me through my TV
h4ck.b0x7
6/3/2019 11:40am
OxyClean seems to get my white Thor Rohl jersey pretty clean. I soak the jersey for a few hours then wash it, if it’s still stained...
Jordan421 wrote:
I miss this guy yelling at me through my TV
You miss Billy Mays and his Peruvian Marching Powder addiction?!?!
SEE ARE125
6/3/2019 11:58am
White_jake wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Heard that guy rubs and tugs until he gets every stain out..
I think he just goes over it with a fresh coat of white. Laughing
Tuna
6/3/2019 12:04pm
JT$ mentioned before that Oxy Clean kills the leather pads. I have had this issue in the past and stopped using it.
lumpy790
6/3/2019 12:59pm
At the FL GNCC a guy forgot his jersey so lended him an old No Fear jersey I had in my gear bag. Alco gear laundry powder did a really good job cleaning it!

MXMattii
6/3/2019 2:22pm
Wear black gear
That is almost as great advise as: Ask your mum or Marry a girl with a laundry room, she must know this kind of shizzle.
6/3/2019 2:32pm
Oxy clean is one of the best but if it eats leather - then it eats leather

Back in the day - the way I had the most luck with was the VP motowash (their bike cleaning product)
Spray generously, let soak some - then use the pressure washer and spray it out

Then normal laundry process. It works really really well.
ProKawi24
6/3/2019 2:38pm
Jake, you don't know the half of it. You need to find that thread.
h4ck.b0x7 wrote:
Can we get a link?!?!?!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You can read all about HERE. Enjoy!
All-time greatest Vital thread. This has become my new motivation to walk again just so I can go back to riding and send him some gear to finally bring closure to this story.
h4ck.b0x7
6/3/2019 2:48pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You can read all about HERE. Enjoy!
h4ck.b0x7 wrote:
OMG!!! There is some internet gold in there!!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. Definitely HOF worthy.
I’ve sent the link to 3 friends already who don’t even ride...
40acres
6/3/2019 6:19pm
lumpy790 wrote:
At the FL GNCC a guy forgot his jersey so lended him an old No Fear jersey I had in my gear bag. Alco gear laundry...
At the FL GNCC a guy forgot his jersey so lended him an old No Fear jersey I had in my gear bag. Alco gear laundry powder did a really good job cleaning it!

You could have done that with basic laundry detergent. I'm guessing all those brown stains are almost as old as the jersey thoughLaughing

Post a reply to: Keeping white gear from getting stained

The Latest