Keep the "But" & "If's"Tomac Won 2017 450 Championship

Hut
8/26/2017 7:32pm
MotoX85 wrote:
......but he got beat by a guy who's never raced in the US, rookie on a 450, on a borrowed bike he's never ridden, with 1...
......but he got beat by a guy who's never raced in the US, rookie on a 450, on a borrowed bike he's never ridden, with 1 day of practice, on a track he's never ridden, with massive jumps that favor Americans........just sayin

8/26/2017 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:55pm
BSmooth13 wrote:
Read a thought provoking tidbit from a fellow fan earlier that fits in so well today - maybe particularly in this thread: [i] "In motocross, no...
Read a thought provoking tidbit from a fellow fan earlier that fits in so well today - maybe particularly in this thread:

"In motocross, no one wins."

And unfortunately, I find that to be more and more true the longer I read/listen to "fan" comments on the sport. Pretty astonishing that a title was just won and so many people spend time to come on here and try to degrade the meaning of it. I mean, go ahead and do your thing, I just find it a really strange thing for some of you guys to be doing. Seems to me that supporters of this small time, niche sport should/would be a bit more...supportive?....of someone who just won a major national title...but what do I know.

Well, what I do know is what's in the record books, so go ahead and say whatever makes you happy I suppose.

Congrats ET3. Scorecard doesn't show how many hiccups along the way, all we see is the final score - and for him, it's the #1 plate. Well played.
I just think it's funny back in 2015 he's running away with the title, crashes and gets hurt real bad and everyone says he should have backed it down a bit. Fast forward a little over two years and he gets the job done by backing it down and doing just enough to win the title and is bagged on. He did what no other title contender was able to do this year (I guess besides Dungey) and that's stay healthy. Kenny couldn't, Marvin couldn't, Baggett couldn't and Anderson couldn't.

In my opinion Tomac showed a lot of heart this year starting with his comeback in SX, to him coming through the pack without a front brake and pulling out a clutch moto win to get the momentum swung back his way for this thing.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/26/2017 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:58pm
BSmooth13 wrote:
Read a thought provoking tidbit from a fellow fan earlier that fits in so well today - maybe particularly in this thread: [i] "In motocross, no...
Read a thought provoking tidbit from a fellow fan earlier that fits in so well today - maybe particularly in this thread:

"In motocross, no one wins."

And unfortunately, I find that to be more and more true the longer I read/listen to "fan" comments on the sport. Pretty astonishing that a title was just won and so many people spend time to come on here and try to degrade the meaning of it. I mean, go ahead and do your thing, I just find it a really strange thing for some of you guys to be doing. Seems to me that supporters of this small time, niche sport should/would be a bit more...supportive?....of someone who just won a major national title...but what do I know.

Well, what I do know is what's in the record books, so go ahead and say whatever makes you happy I suppose.

Congrats ET3. Scorecard doesn't show how many hiccups along the way, all we see is the final score - and for him, it's the #1 plate. Well played.
Agreed.

Apparently, the new positive is being negative, and posting about it. Really cool day. ET phoned home with a big bike title, one of the worlds fastest came to join us in our backyard, and Colt Nichols had a great day. Win all the way around.
ledger
8/26/2017 8:44pm
Congrats to Tomac !! Championship come's down to the last race, and it's been one helluva exciting season. Check out the Red Plate necklace Hut is wearing....Looks good, real good.

The Shop

dkg
8/26/2017 9:27pm
Congrats to Eli. Perhaps it’s time that all factions stop the “*” nonsense
USMCMXer
8/27/2017 12:37am
Only guy who managed to not lose the red plate this MX series, people will say what they want but it'll probably be the same people...
Only guy who managed to not lose the red plate this MX series, people will say what they want but it'll probably be the same people who said he should have backed it down in 2015..
Did you skip the start of the season? He lost it at rd. 2 and didn't get it back until Marv hurt his knee. Regardless though, ET3 is the champ and deserves every bit of it.
mxjon454
8/27/2017 12:54am
MotoX85 wrote:
......but he got beat by a guy who's never raced in the US, rookie on a 450, on a borrowed bike he's never ridden, with 1...
......but he got beat by a guy who's never raced in the US, rookie on a 450, on a borrowed bike he's never ridden, with 1 day of practice, on a track he's never ridden, with massive jumps that favor Americans........just sayin
Didnt know that the euros didnt know how to jump
ThorsMX
8/27/2017 5:23pm
Unfortunate for the Euros that Eli will be in the reverse of what Herlings was this weekend......

Looking forward to the Negative Shitheads that Vital seems to birth

Post a reply to: Keep the "But" & "If's"Tomac Won 2017 450 Championship

The Latest