Keefer Inc's 2018 YZ450F Article

6/13/2017 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2017 8:23pm
twhig wrote:
I'm a firm believer that most people crying about a few pounds of motorcycle weight could stand to lose 15 to 20 pounds themselves.
Sure, but they're the customer, not the product.

So it doesn't matter what would improve them. It matters what would improve what they're buying. Or at least satisfy them enough for them to make it rain.
Motofinne
6/14/2017 4:34am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2017 12:34pm
twhig wrote:
I'm a firm believer that most people crying about a few pounds of motorcycle weight could stand to lose 15 to 20 pounds themselves.
This is such a stupid argument. The lighter bike will still feel and be lighter even if a person drops 50 pounds.
Crush
6/14/2017 5:04am
twhig wrote:
Sure, but they're the customer, not the product. So it doesn't matter what would improve them. It matters what would improve what they're buying. Or at...
Sure, but they're the customer, not the product.

So it doesn't matter what would improve them. It matters what would improve what they're buying. Or at least satisfy them enough for them to make it rain.
Yeah and the fat guy still has money to spend!
Zachintosh
6/14/2017 7:57am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2017 8:01am
Hold some core Honda/Yamaha hard parts like cylinders, heads, trans gears, or any high-stress internals next to those of a KTM/Husky. Anyone who keeps their bikes past 50 hours will appreciate the robustness of the Honda/Yamaha parts.

The Shop

BobPA
6/14/2017 9:17am
Zachintosh wrote:
Hold some core Honda/Yamaha hard parts like cylinders, heads, trans gears, or any high-stress internals next to those of a KTM/Husky. Anyone who keeps their bikes...
Hold some core Honda/Yamaha hard parts like cylinders, heads, trans gears, or any high-stress internals next to those of a KTM/Husky. Anyone who keeps their bikes past 50 hours will appreciate the robustness of the Honda/Yamaha parts.
How about clutch baskets and inner hubs? The Japanese and still running cast aluminum clutch components....that shit is soooo 1970's.
IceMan446
6/14/2017 10:23am
jeffro503 wrote:
Seth.....I had my forks not working to bad stock. But the shock? Is yours heating up? Fading?
seth505 wrote:
I haven't been able to ride frequently lately so my riding shape is bad. Riding 5-6 lap motos I haven't had shock issues. Just got a...
I haven't been able to ride frequently lately so my riding shape is bad. Riding 5-6 lap motos I haven't had shock issues. Just got a bunch of stitches out so hopefully back up to speed soon.
jeffro503 wrote:
Ahh I hear ya. 1st....heal up soon! 2nd....after you get some track time , feel the rear shock reservoir after your ride. On my 125 it...
Ahh I hear ya. 1st....heal up soon! 2nd....after you get some track time , feel the rear shock reservoir after your ride. On my 125 it was so hot I could literally burn my fingers. After about 5 mins into a moto , mine felt like I was riding a 1962 panhead Harley....really chopper'd out. Had FC do everything to the shock and forks , and man , it made a big difference. Really helped.
What did you have them do to the shock if you don't mind me asking?

I think like you said ill just keep going "softer" on the forks until I can get that mid sweeper feeling better. But I'm curious about the shock.

I did notice as my moto went on it wanted to hop more in the bigger bumps rather than soak them up going into corners. I didn't mess with the shock at all though so I can't complain as I was more focused on the forks.
ti473
6/14/2017 1:04pm
Moto520 wrote:
i'm not a Yamaha guy but that bike looks awesome. You could easily and cheaply get the weight down with an exhaust, seat foam???, and a...
i'm not a Yamaha guy but that bike looks awesome. You could easily and cheaply get the weight down with an exhaust, seat foam???, and a few other ways. It's key to only put as much gas in the tank as needed for your moto to save the weight. If this thing handles well....I'll bet that it winds up being a great bike. The 2014-2017 is a good bike and fits my skill level fine....but I think the refinements will push this thing over the top.

I personally ride a KTM so I don't know.........
yeah put enough gas in just for your moto uh.... and how did that work out for you last time you did it?
Moto520
6/14/2017 3:15pm
Moto520 wrote:
i'm not a Yamaha guy but that bike looks awesome. You could easily and cheaply get the weight down with an exhaust, seat foam???, and a...
i'm not a Yamaha guy but that bike looks awesome. You could easily and cheaply get the weight down with an exhaust, seat foam???, and a few other ways. It's key to only put as much gas in the tank as needed for your moto to save the weight. If this thing handles well....I'll bet that it winds up being a great bike. The 2014-2017 is a good bike and fits my skill level fine....but I think the refinements will push this thing over the top.

I personally ride a KTM so I don't know.........
ti473 wrote:
yeah put enough gas in just for your moto uh.... and how did that work out for you last time you did it?
Zeno......you get the crate. Leave your chair in my office.
rutsmash
6/14/2017 7:34pm
Zachintosh wrote:
Hold some core Honda/Yamaha hard parts like cylinders, heads, trans gears, or any high-stress internals next to those of a KTM/Husky. Anyone who keeps their bikes...
I used to think so but...On Yamahas I've owned...3rd gear came apart on 06, 5th gear come apart on 2010 taking out half the motor, two frame cracks in a 14 plus left-side motor mount cracked three times....all under a 100 hours (the frame way before that).

Post a reply to: Keefer Inc's 2018 YZ450F Article

The Latest